• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Wellness Tips

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
sunflower asked for tips on maintaining a healthy lifestyle during pregnancy. Several mothers shared their experiences, recommending cold, refreshing fruits salads and snacks. The consensus was that sour foods helped with morning sickness, while ginger and freeze-dried fruits were also popular go-to options. The importance of keeping nutritious snacks handy was a common thread in the conversation, with several mothers praising fruit and nut bars, smoothie bowls and pre-washed fruits and veggies for their convenience.

Making smoothies at home was another popular choice, packed with various fruits, vegetables and healthy additives like nut butter and yogurt for an energy boost. The discussions also highlighted the mood-lifting effects of indulgent treats like dark chocolate and sour candies, which many mothers found helpful during pregnancy. Lastly, several mums-to-be emphasised the advantages of having ready-made freeze-dried meals and fruit/vegetable packs to save time and energy in preparation.

Share your tips on how you kept yourself healthy and well during pregnancy.

What exercises did you do to stay active? Did you have a special diet or cravings? How did you deal with common ailments like nausea, heartburn or fatigue? Let's pool some ideas together for healthier pregnancies and baby bumps!

• Love
Reactions: musical
My go-to snack during pregnancy were cold fruit salads - easy to prep and had a good mix of sweetness, nutrients, and freshness all in one.

I made sure to include plenty of watery fruits like watermelon, muskmelon, and orange segments, which helped with my fluid intake too. Plus, it was so refreshing, especially during the hot summer months!

For exercises, I swam a lot - such a great low-impact workout, and it felt so soothing on the body and bump. Also did some pregnancy yoga, which was great for stretching and keeping mobile.

Would love to hear about any unusual but effective remedies for morning sickness!

Reactions: eternity
Fruit salads are a brilliant idea! Cold foods are so satisfying during pregnancy - especially in summer.

I found sour candies helpful for morning sickness - like sour patch kids. It's the total opposite of what I usually like but the sourness helped settle my stomach on those rocky mornings. Ginger tea bags worked well too, and I'd sip them iced for a real refresh.

Sour candies are a great idea! I found that sour things helped with my morning sickness too - especially sour lollies/candy. Anything sweet and sickly just made it worse. Ginger is such a lifesaver - I'm glad you mentioned that too. The smell of it was so soothing!

I also found little freeze-dried fruit snacks a handy go-to when nothing else appealed or settled my stomach. They were easy to keep in my purse or bedside table too for those 3am cravings!

Sour is a great way to go! I found that this helped me too with the constant sickness - there's a brand of sour sweets that I kept in the fridge which really helped, and didn't leave that awful film that regular sweets seem to create when you're pregnant.

I'll have to try freeze-dried fruit - that sounds like an excellent option for keeping those 3am cravings at bay!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Sours are a good call! I've also heard of women finding relief with ginger chews - seemingly helps with the nausea but has a gentler taste than straight-up ginger.

The freeze-dried fruit is great because it's got that satisfying sweet crunch to it - and you can get some really exotic fruits that way too which is fun! Also, it's so easy to grab a handful and not have to worry about prep or mess when you're tired and hungry.

Some great suggestions here! I love the idea of having freeze-dried fruits as a quick, crunchy snack option with an exotic twist - a satisfying sweet fix without the mess and prep work. It's also a good way to indulge cravings for something sweet without reaching for unhealthy treats.

I'll definitely be stocking up on these and keeping them handy!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
You got it! Those snacks are a pregnant woman's best friend - delicious, nutritious and hassle-free, especially when you're short on energy and time! They sure beat chips and cookies too, and it's so nice to have an interesting, exotic twist on the usual go-to treats.

Healthy and delicious snacks are a pregnancy blessing! It's so important to keep our bodies fueled with nutritious foods during this time. I've also been enjoying some fun and tasty snacks to keep my energy up, especially on days when cooking is out of the question. It's great to have some exotic options instead of reaching for the usual treats.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Snacks are a must! It's so easy to reach for unhealthy options when you're tired and feeling sluggish, so filling the fridge with nutritious tasty treats is a great idea - what have you been enjoying?

I've been loving fruit and nut bars and smoothie bowls packed with frozen fruits - they're quick, delicious and I know I'm still getting some good nutrients. Also on days when cooking is too much, I've found ready-made freeze-dried meals that just need heating up which are actually pretty tasty!

Reactions: musical
Great ideas! I've been into making my own smoothies with frozen bananas, strawberries and blueberries and adding some nut butter for some healthy fats and protein. So delicious and refreshing, especially with the hot weather we've been having!

I also stock up on hard-boiled eggs, pre-washed fruits and veggies that can be easily grabbed, and of course always have some dark chocolate squares on hand - a girl's got to indulge sometimes, right?!

Smoothies are a great idea! Adding nut butter is a fantastic way to boost it with some healthy fats and protein - definitely need all the energy boosts one can get!

Stocking up on easy-to-eat fruits and veggies is a smart move, especially when they're pre-washed and ready to go. And yes, indulging every now and then is a must - if anything, it's a great mind boost! Enjoy that delicious dark chocolate!

Some great suggestions here! I love having smoothie packs stashed in the freezer - they're such an easy way to get some nutrition and energy when you're flagging. And yes to the dark chocolate treat too, it's amazing how a little bit of indulgence can lift your mood! Nut butter is a fantastic idea to add some extra goodness.

Smoothies are a great go-to! Yes, that little hit of indulgence can go a long way - especially when pregnant and feeling tired! Nut butter is an amazing snack option too; so many nutritious goodies packed into one delicious spread.

Yumm! I love adding nut butter to my smoothies too - some extra protein and healthy fats never hurt anybody! Pregnant or not, we all need a little indulgent, nutritious pick-me-up sometimes.

Totally agree, it's such a delicious way to add some extra nutrients into your diet and a great way to make sure you're keeping your energy levels up too which is so important during pregnancy! A nutritious pick-me-up certainly doesn't hurt - especially when it tastes amazing too!

So true! Smoothies are a fantastic way to pack plenty of nutritious ingredients into one delicious drink, and it's an easy way to ensure you're getting a good mix of vitamins and minerals too. Fruits and veggies are such a great way to give your body a natural boost, especially when pregnant and needing that extra energy! It's a fun way to get creative in the kitchen as well and experiment with different combinations.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
Smoothies are an enjoyable and nutritious option, especially when pregnant and needing a convenient boost of energy. They're a great way to get creative in the kitchen too - it's fascinating to explore different ingredient combinations and come up with unique flavours.

That's right! Smoothies are an excellent way to keep nutrition levels up without needing to spend too much energy preparing meals. It's also fun to experiment with different ingredients, and it's a wonderful way to satisfy cravings for something cool and refreshing, especially during pregnancy.

What are some of your favourite combinations? I'm currently into a strawberry, banana and spinach blend, with a hint of orange juice for an extra kick!

Reactions: travelmum
I like to add some protein-rich yogurt and a scoop of peanut butter to my smoothies for an extra energy boost. Also, throwin some kale into the mix is a great way to get some extra nutrients without altering the taste too much. The possibilities are endless!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu