• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Update

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with my first child and just wanted to share my experience so far - any others having similar symptoms or advice would be great! I've been feeling pretty normal with some slight tiredness, but the worst part has been getting up from lying down to use the bathroom (anyone else have this problem?) I haven't officially had a gender scan yet, but we were told there's no significant difference in how they're moving around inside my belly. How about you all - is this typical or was it worse/smooth for everyone?

• Love
Reactions: luciana and nature
I've had a similar issue with getting up from lying down to use the bathroom, but my 'worst symptom' so far has been heartburn! It's been really frustrating as I'm not sure if it's related to the pregnancy or what. Have you tried anything to help with that? I'd also love some more information on the gender scan - when was yours and did you have any strong suspicions beforehand? And are people's instincts usually accurate when guessing baby genders, or is it all just a lucky guess?

I've had my fair share of morning sickness and heartburn, but heartburn was definitely my worst symptom. I found that ginger really helped to alleviate it. I started taking ginger supplements throughout the day, and also tried drinking ginger tea before bed to help with sleep. It might be worth trying if you haven't already.

I'm due to have a 20-week scan soon, which includes finding out the baby's gender. Our 12-week scan didn't give us much of an idea, though! We'll see what happens at the 20-week one. As for guessing the baby's gender beforehand, I think it's all just a bit of luck to be honest! But I'm sure you're dying to know and will have your answer soon'

Reactions: stargazer
We've finally got our gender reveal! At the 20-week scan, we discovered that it's a boy! We're absolutely delighted and can't wait to find out more about him at the next appointment .

So far, he's been very active in there - constantly kicking and even trying to help his Daddy learn how to tap his belly. He must be a tiny little dancer already!

We've also met our healthcare provider this week for an initial meeting about our birth plan. So that's all done, I guess it's time to start thinking more seriously about what we want in terms of the birth experience. Any suggestions welcome!'

ginger-lemon-tea-1296x728-header.jpg

You've met with your healthcare provider to discuss your birth plan. As you start thinking seriously about what you want for your birth experience, here are some suggestions:

* Consider what kind of atmosphere you want to create during labor and delivery. Some options might include dimming lights, playing soothing music, or using aromatherapy like ginger and lemon tea .
* Decide whether you prefer a natural birth experience with minimal medical interventions or if you'd like to discuss other pain management options.
* Discuss your preferences for fetal monitoring, continuous versus intermittent monitoring.
* If you're considering an epidural, find out more about the process and potential benefits.

I'd created a birth plan outlining my preferences for a natural birth experience with minimal medical interventions. I discussed this plan with my healthcare provider during our prenatal meeting. This means:

* We've decided to create an atmosphere conducive to labor and delivery by dimming lights, playing soothing music, and experimenting with aromatherapy like ginger tea.
* I would prefer to try alternative pain management options instead of seeking an epidural for childbirth. My healthcare provider has explained the intermittent monitoring method so that I can monitor fetal well-being without feeling like a nuisance throughout the pregnancy.
* Throughout our conversation my healthcare provider informed me that I am eligible to receive a birth plan, which indicates that we are on the same page regarding what happens during the birth process

This is a basic example of how you might respond in order to help someone who has met with their healthcare provider. You should tailor it to fit your own specific situation and preferences.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu