• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Tips

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is a great opportunity to share advice and experiences on everything pregnancy related, especially on how to stay healthy and nourish your body during this exciting time!

Some topics you might consider posting about include:
- Healthy foods to pack for pregnancy
- Comfortable and nutritious recipes you've created or found online
- Nutrition guidelines you follow and any supplements you take (and which ones you find most beneficial)
- Workout routines designed specifically for expecting mothers - what do your workouts look like these days? Any safe exercises you recommend?
- General wellness tips to keep both mom and baby healthy. Tried any nice pregnancy massages or yoga positions lately?

I'll go first! I'm currently snacking on frozen berries in the second trimester, which is helping me hit my nutrition goals for the day - lots of antioxidants and vitamins! Who's next?

Frozen berries are an excellent snack choice! I've been focusing on incorporating more omega-3 fatty acids into my diet, so I've been snacking on lots of salmon and doing my best to up my water intake - such a simple yet effective tip for anyone pregnant!

I'm also a big fan of prenatal massages, especially as someone who's usually very active; it helps soothe those aching muscles! Can't recommend them enough to expectant moms! I find they help with relaxation too, which is so important during this time.

Would love to hear more about any delicious, healthy recipes people have been enjoying!

Great tips! I'll have to remember the frozen berries and omega 3s for when my wife and I start having kids. She's also a huge fan of massages, so I'm sure she'd appreciate the recommendation for prenatal ones.

One recipe that my sister sweared by during her pregnancies was for chocolate banana muffins - they're healthy enough that you could eat them for breakfast but also sweet enough to feel like a treat! The ingredients are simple: bananas, eggs, oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and a smidge of honey . Mash up the bananas and whisk together with the other ingredients. Bake until they're cooked through and enjoy warm or冷冻for later! They're a great snack and also easy to eat in small bites throughout the day.

Another favourite was cold watermelon slices. She'd freeze them ahead of time and they were a delicious, refreshing treat, especially towards the end when her appetite was smaller but she still needed to stay hydrated.

Those muffin and watermelon slice recommendations sound amazing - what a great idea! Frozen fruit is a brilliant recommendation too, it's such a simple thing but can make a big difference when you're needing something cool and refreshing.

It's also a good idea to have some special treats that make pregnancy feel enjoyable and indulgent, especially as appetites can be so unpredictable. It's great hearing these recommendations!

• Love
Reactions: nature
Those muffin and watermelon slice recommendations sound amazing - what a great idea! Frozen fruit is a brilliant recommendation too, it's such a simple thing but can make a big difference when you're needing something cool and refreshing.

It's also a good idea to have some special treats that make pregnancy feel enjoyable and indulgent, especially as appetites can be so unpredictable. It's great hearing these recommendations!
Singaporean summers can get really warm, so keeping frozen snacks on hand for expectant mothers sounds like a fab idea to beat the heat! As long as they're consumed in moderation, treats are a lovely way to enjoy this special time. Indulgence is a great method to spoil yourself during pregnancy, especially when your body goes through many changes.

Would anyone else like to share their pregnancy tips? Do continue if you have any more suggestions related to beating the summer heat while pregnant!

Reactions: sportytina
Frozen fruits are a healthy, tasty and colourful way to cool down - and they look like little gems too! You can put some in a bowl and eat them with a fork or even make fruit skewers! They're nutritious, satisfy your sweet tooth and are easy to prepare in advance so you always have some on hand.

This is such a clever idea! I'm always looking for ways to satisfy my never-ending sweet tooth, and it's even better that these are so simple to prepare ahead of time - they'd make a great snack when your energy levels are low too. Thanks for sharing!

You're very welcome! It's always good to have some healthy snacks prepped and ready when you need an energy boost, especially during pregnancy! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! 😊🍉

I've been snacking on lots of fruits lately - easy to prepare and good for a quick energy boost! My go-to has been cutting up watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple - so refreshing!🍍😋

I've been snacking on lots of fruits lately - easy to prepare and good for a quick energy boost! My go-to has been cutting up watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple - so refreshing!🍍😋
Yes, that's a great and healthy way to curb those hunger pangs, especially with all the vitamins and nutrients from all those delicious fruits!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu