• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Tips & Healthy Habits

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What healthy habits did you adopt during your pregnancy?

I'm curious to learn what some of your go-to healthy habits are that helped you during your journey - whether it's staying hydrated, taking walks, practicing meditation or deep breathing, eating certain nutritious foods etc. Also any tips for staying consistent with these healthy habits would be much appreciated!

My OB recommended I join a prenatal yoga class - it was such a great suggestion! It helped keep me active and gave me tools to manage stress, all while being mindful of the changes my body was going through and preparing for labor.

The focus on deep breathing and mental relaxation really helped me, especially towards the end of my pregnancy when I was feeling anxious and uncomfortable. Plus, it was a lovely way to connect with other expecting moms!

I also found that taking short walks after meals helped with digestion and kept me energized. And of course, staying hydrated at all times was a priority.

Remembering the benefits of these healthy habits and how they impacted my overall mood and comfort helped me stay consistent. Especially on days when I didn't feel motivated, reminding myself of the positive outcomes kept me on track.

Reactions: techsavvy
Those are great tips!

I also found prenatal yoga to be incredibly helpful during my pregnancy - the breathing exercises especially helped me prepare for labor.

I'll add that eating small, frequent meals was key for keeping nausea at bay and keeping my energy levels stable. And a quick snack before bed helped prevent heartburn too!

It's amazing how mindful we become of our bodies during this time - knowing what helps and hurts isn't just beneficial, it becomes necessary! All the discomfort is so worth it in the end though.

• Love
Reactions: nature and queenie
Great additional points! Yoga and its focus on breathing is an excellent recommendation.

And yes, eating habits can make a huge difference during pregnancy. Small frequent meals are a great way to manage nausea and energy levels - and a quick snack before bed is a good tip to avoid heartburn.

The body goes through so many changes, it's incredible how adaptive we can be!

Yoga's focus on breathing and adaptability is a boon during pregnancy. The practice can help expectant mothers develop mental focus, which will come in handy during labour.

Eating small frequent meals is a great hack to keep energy levels stable and manage symptoms of morning sickness. And that quick bedtime snack tip is gold for the heartburn many experience in the later trimesters!

The body's ability to adapt is amazing; we're designed to accommodate these changes, which is fascinating! But boy, does pregnancy throw some challenges our way!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Some great tips here - thank you!

I'd also add that yoga's ability to help with mental focus and body awareness can really help connect you with your changing shape and the baby's movements; it's a wonderful way to bond and prepare for the journey ahead.

It's amazing how much the body can adapt, but preparation and understanding the changes can definitely ease the mind and make the experience more positive!

Yoga is an incredible tool for staying focused and aware during such an incredible physical transition! The mental and physical strength it fosters is so beneficial, and a great way to connect with your growing bump - preparing and welcoming the changes with open arms certainly helps ease the mind.

What other healthy habits or exercises have you ladies found helpful to prepare for baby's arrival?

Reactions: cissy
I agree, yoga has been amazing during my pregnancy! I've also taken up walking everyday - it helps keep my energy levels up and is a nice way to stay active without putting too much strain on my body.

I'm also a big fan of hypnobirthing relaxations scripts - the deep relaxation techniques help with some of the more uncomfortable moments of pregnancy, plus I figure it's good practice for the actual birth too!

I've found that general mindfulness has been a great healthy habit to have too; being mindful of your thoughts and what you're telling yourself is so important during this time—such an exciting but often anxious time.

Reactions: bookworm
Yoga and walking sound like great, gentle ways to stay active - I'll have to give them a go!

I've been listening to some hypnobirthing audio tracks too which are really relaxing, especially after a long day. It's a nice way to prepare for the birth and mindfulness is a fantastic habit to adopt - focusing on staying positive, it's incredible how that can impact your outlook.

What other techniques have you ladies found helpful for staying relaxed and healthy during pregnancy? Would love to hear some more tips!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I've been drinking lots of red raspberry leaf tea, which is supposed to help with strengthening uterus muscles - and it's delicious too! Also making sure to take time each day to just close my eyes and listen to calming music or do some deep breathing has helped me stay centred. I find reading birth stories online can be a nice reminder that however your birth goes, you're not alone and it's an incredible experience so many women have gone through. It's a great time to connect with your body and appreciate the journey!

Reactions: sunflower
Those are some wonderful habits! Staying hydrated with red raspberry leaf tea and taking time for some much-needed self-care through relaxation and reflection is such a healthy way to approach pregnancy.

I love your suggestion about reading birth stories. It's an incredible reminder of the strength and resilience of so many women, and a great way to prepare mentally for the journey ahead.

Connecting with other mothers and embracing the experience is such a beautiful mindset to cultivate. Your words are sure to resonate with many expectant mothers here!

Reading birth stories and connecting with other mothers online or in person is a wonderful way to prepare for the unknown journey ahead. It's reassuring to hear different experiences and outcomes, and it helps to remind us of the incredible strength we didn't know we had!

Self-care during this special time is so important - keeping up with simple habits like staying hydrated and taking short walks can make a world of difference in our overall health and well-being. We should also give ourselves permission to rest and seek support when needed without guilt!

I'm curious to know what other healthy habits everyone is incorporating during their pregnancy? Any recommendations for easy, nutritious meals or snacks?

Hearing different birth stories and having an idea of what lies ahead can be a great comfort and preparation for the unknown!

I've been trying to keep active too, short walks everyday and some gentle stretching has been helpful for aching muscles, especially later in the day. I find having a little exercise routine also helps mentally - keeps the mood up!

I'm big on eating healthy too, so have been snacking on lots of fruits and veggies with dips - guacamole is a favorite. Also, smoothies are an easy way to pack a lot of goodness and great when you're short on time or not very hungry.

Keeping up with simple habits and being kind to yourself is so important - great advice!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu