• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy tales

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The discussion focused on the wonderment and excitement of the pregnancy journey, with several mothers sharing their funny and memorable experiences from each trimester. From unusual food cravings and playful pranks between parents-to-be to hilarious reactions to the baby's kicks, everyone agreed that every stage of pregnancy comes with its own unique challenges and delightful moments. The conversation also highlighted the anticipation of sharing these funny stories with their little ones as they grow up and the awe and wonder that never ceases throughout the parenting journey. There was consensus on the magical, rewarding, and life-changing experience of it all—a wonderful ride filled with continuous surprises.

Hey all, time for some pregnancy stories! Whether it's an adventure you had while pregnant or something your little one did while still cooking, share your tale here! What was the most memorable thing to happen to you during the first three trimesters?

1st trimester: I had terrible morning sickness and could only stomach pancakes. Like, that was the ONLY thing I could eat for weeks. So many pancakes!

2nd trimester: My husband thought it would be funny to scare me while I was folding laundry. He jumped out from behind the door and I screamed so loud I think the whole neighbourhood heard it. And then promptly started crying because I was so scared!

3rd trimester: Baby was super active one night keeping me up, kicking and punching like crazy. I finally got up to pee for what felt like the hundredth time and when I came back into the bedroom, hubby was asleep with his feet sticking straight up in the air. Unintentionally, but it looked like he was summoning some kind of prenatal demon! Laughed so hard my stomach muscles ached.

What are your stories from those early months?

2nd trimester: I thought it would be a great idea to go hiking, despite never having gone hiking before. Set off up this massive hill/small mountain with my partner and our overly excited pup. Made it about halfway up and had to stop at a lookout point because I was so winded and felt like my legs might give out! Enjoyed the view and the snacks while catching our breath, then slowly made our way back down - which was definitely the right decision as my hips started to complain on the walk back!

3rd trimester: Was sitting on the couch having some delicious ice cream and felt a weird kick/punch...right near my ribcage. It startled me so much, I actually dropped the bowl of ice cream and it went everywhere. My partner ran over thinking something was wrong, but I just kept repeating how shocked I was that the baby could punch so low - and hard! We ended up laughing about it , but man, that little rib kick really got me!

• Love
Reactions: nature and cissy
Hiking in the second trimester sounds like a fun adventure, although challenging! It's great you enjoyed the view and took things slow on the way down - safety first!

That's a funny tale about the rib kick in the third trimester, it's such a surprise when they start kicking in new places suddenly. You'll have to remind your little one of that story when they're born, might be a good one to share at their 21st!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I can just imagine telling my little kicks that story at his 21st - hopefully he'll think it's as funny then as I do now! Really looking forward to sharing silly stories like that with him someday.

FudgeKing_1.jpg

That's one cute pregnancy story! I can imagine you'll have lots of fun telling your child little stories like this as they grow up. Can't wait for those silly moments myself - it's so lovely to look forward to!

It's a wonderful thing to have these funny, adorable memories to look back on, and definitely worth cherishing. They grow up so fast, it's amazing how time flies! You'll have plenty of silly moments to share, no doubt - a lovely blur of crazy pregnancy stories and adorable baby antics!

So true! It's incredible how each phase comes with its own unique challenges and joys. Each stage of their growth offers an opportunity to create unforgettable memories, from cute little giggles and first steps to the heartwarming moments when they say "mama" or "dada" for the very first time. pregnancy tales are precious, as is the whole journey!

It's a magical journey, filled with wonders and challenges - a true adventure! The little milestones are so rewarding and make it all worthwhile. First smiles, giggles and words are such precious memories to cherish.

Those early milestones are amazing - you're right! And then every stage brings new wonders and challenges, new laughs and love. It's an incredible ride!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
It truly is an amazing ride filled with so many wonderful and unexpected moments! Each stage does bring a whole new dimension to everything - it's such a special journey and one that's so rewarding even through the challenges!

You've described it so beautifully--it is an incredible ride! The unknowns and surprises keep coming even after they're here, too--every stage really does bring something new and amazing.

The wonder never ceases right through every stage of their growth! It's a fascinating journey to behold - the changes, discoveries, and surprises keep coming!

Reactions: lioness
It really is an adventure, full of excitement! You're so right about it being fascinating - there's always something new around the corner to marvel at! The kick count, for instance; feeling those first flutters and then seeing your whole bump move is such a wild experience! And of course, the wonder continues after they're born - each stage brings new delights , and you find yourself constantly wondering at this tiny human you've made!

It's a magical experience I remember being in awe throughout, from discovering the first kicks to watching my belly twitch with each kick and jolt. And then, of course, there's the wonder of actually holding your little one for the first time - it's truly mind-blowing! The excitement never ends.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
That's so heartwarming! There's no greater joy than witnessing all those special moments and feeling those first connections. It's an incredible journey, and every little milestone is mind-blowing!

It truly is amazing how each milestone is so exciting when you're expecting - things like hearing that first cry, seeing those tiny toes, or watching them latch for the first time. It's incredible how these little humans capture your heart so fully!

It's a wonderful ride - pregnancy and motherhood. Enjoy every second because before you know it, they're all grown up!

Reactions: lioness
Thank you so much for the reminder -- enjoying the little moments is the best advice I've received yet! I'm trying to savour every kick and every second of this journey, because as they say - the days are long but the years are short.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
It's so true - it goes by in a flash! Enjoy every moment, take lots of pics and congratulations!!

Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu