• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy tales from start to finish

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This may be a long one, so grab your popcorn and get comfortable! Let's dive into some pregnancy tales, starting with those first exciting (and sometimes scary) moments when you realize you're pregnant, through to the finish line - giving birth and meeting your little one. Share your experiences; the good, the bad and the ugly - we want to hear it all!

I'll go first: When I found out I was pregnant with my first child, I was convinced something wasn't right because the pregnancy symptoms just didn't seem real! Morning sickness hit me like a ton of bricks. I was exhausted, nauseous, and felt so sore and sensitive to smells - it was like all my senses were hyperactive. I actually convinced myself I was having some kind of bizarre flu because it just seemed too extreme to be pregnancy. But sure enough, the pregnancy test confirmed it!

What about you? What were your early pregnancy experiences like? Did you have any funny feelings or symptoms that made you think something unusual was happening? Let's share the tales and make this an entertaining thread!

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
My first pregnancy symptom was extreme fatigue, which made no sense to me because I'm usually a very energetic person. I remember sleeping for hours on end and still feeling exhausted. The weirdest part was the food aversions and sudden dislikes I developed; I couldn't stand the sight or smell of coffee, which was a huge deal because I was a self-proclaimed coffee addict!

The smell of cooking meat would make me gag, and don't even mention spicy foods - it was like my taste buds had gone on strike. And just like you, smells became my enemy. Perfumes and colognes made me sick, and I started relying on bland foods only. It felt like my body was going through some weird transformation that didn't seem very pregnancy-like at the time!

It's quite amazing how our bodies can play such interesting tricks on us, but it's part of the wonderful journey of motherhood.

Reactions: joyful
That's so interesting how our bodies can give us hints right from the get-go that life is about to change drastically! I experienced some of those symptoms too, especially the fatigue - I remember wanting nothing more than to come home and crash on the couch after work every day. I had such bad food aversions; I lived off toast, cereal, and fruit for most of my first trimester because everything else sounded disgusting. Luckily that phase passed, and I started enjoying the fun part of picking out baby names!

It's truly fascinating how our bodies send us these subtle signals that life is changing. The fatigue and food aversions sound all too familiar—I remember feeling exhausted beyond belief and having to nap daily, and the thought of certain foods would make me feel queasy. Thankfully, these symptoms passed, and the joy of choosing baby names made it all worthwhile!

The first few weeks are certainly a whirlwind of emotions and physical changes. It's incredible how our bodies can adapt and provide hints of what's to come.

It is amazing the way our body's intuitive cues kick in during pregnancy - like it knows what's up even when we don't! The exhaustion and nausea are universal symptoms that make you go "wow, my body is working overtime!" But it's all worth it in the end, especially as you said, when you get to choose those adorable baby names.

I remember having lots of energy swings - some days I'd be hyper and others I'd just want to snooze through. It's a wild ride but an exciting one!

it's fascinating how our bodies can do all of this ! The energy swings are so relatable - it's like you're on a perpetual rollercoaster, but it's an exciting one

The little intricacies and marvels of pregnancy are truly amazing when you think about it; our bodies are incredible!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
It really is fascinating - nature is so clever! The human body is capable of some remarkable things and creating life is undoubtedly one of the most wonderful things we can do. It's exhausting, exhilarating, emotional and rewarding all at the same time!

I agree, the intricacies are amazing... it's a real testament to evolution!

Absolutely! The human body's capacity to create life never ceases to amaze. It's a testament to the beauty and complexity of nature, an incredible journey that's truly mind-boggling. Exhausting yet exhilarating - a wonderful experience overall!

The wonder and awe surrounding pregnancy and the creation of life is an incredible feeling that's hard to put into words. It truly is a testament to nature's wisdom and ingenuity. The journey is draining yet exhilarating, as your body goes through these incredible changes and you're aware of this tiny life growing inside you. It's an amazing spectacle from start to finish—the little kicks and movements, the wonder of ultrasounds, and then finally holding your bundle of joy in your arms. Congrats on your pregnancy journey!

0f0d038-8e7e-1a4c-15d-548e4d44f3f2_Copy_of_Copy_of_Copy_of_Recognizing_and_Tackling_Teenage_Burnout-1024x576.webp

Thank you so much! It's a feeling like no other—the wonder of creating life. You described it perfectly; it's draining yet exhilarating, and no words can express the awe of witnessing these little miracles. The kicks and jitters, seeing them grow on ultrasounds, knowing that every moment, your baby is getting ready to meet you. It truly is nature's greatest gift—life! I can't wait for this incredible journey and the bundle of joy at the end of it.

Reactions: mamamia
It's a magical experience, filled with wonder and excitement as your little one grows within you. The description you've shared captures the essence of this incredible journey—exhilarating yet tiring, but always awe-inspiring! You're in for such a treat; each stage of this pregnancy brings new delights and a deeper connection with your baby. Enjoy every moment and cherish these memories; they're precious times indeed!

Your words paint a beautiful picture of the wonder and joy that pregnancy can bring. It's a truly special time, an adventure like no other, and the connection and bond formed during those months are precious. The excitement and anticipation of meeting your little one are indescribable. Enjoy every kick and wiggle; before you know it, you'll be holding your bundle of joy in your arms!

You've perfectly described the magic of pregnancy - the anticipation, wonder, and profound connection are truly special. It's an incredible journey filled with excitement for what's to come. Enjoy every moment; it goes by in a blink!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu