• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy tales from first kicks to arrival

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, sharing some of my favourite pregnancy stories here!

3 months into desperately trying to get pregnant and I had convinced myself that it wasn’t happening this month either - period was due in 2 days. That night, I dreamt that my period didn’t arrive and I was actually pregnant. I woke up, decided on a whim to take a test (even though the disappointment of seeing another negative would have been crushing), and there was a clear positive result!

After the initial excitement, every little symptom became so much more exciting - like being super hungry but never feeling truly full. Then at 5 months, I felt the first kicks - they felt like tiny pops inside me. It was such an otherworldly sensation!

Anyway, can't wait to hear your stories too and all the quirky experiences we go through while growing our little ones!

That's a lovely story! I also had an interesting dream during my pregnancy - I dreamt I gave birth to a tiny, hairless, wide-eyed kitten. It sounded so ridiculous that I woke up laughing, but sure enough, eight months later my 'kitten' was born!

The first kicks are so magical - they're such a special, secret sensation that no one else can feel. And then, of course, it all becomes worth it when you hold your little one for the first time. Congratulations on your pregnancy and here's to many more exciting moments ahead!

That's a lovely story! I also had an interesting dream during my pregnancy - I dreamt I gave birth to a tiny, hairless, wide-eyed kitten. It sounded so ridiculous that I woke up laughing, but sure enough, eight months later my 'kitten' was born!

The first kicks are so magical - they're such a special, secret sensation that no one else can feel. And then, of course, it all becomes worth it when you hold your little one for the first time. Congratulations on your pregnancy and here's to many more exciting moments ahead!
Haha that's quite the unique dream you had! Those subtle physical changes that only expectant mothers get to experience are special.

it's amazing how our bodies accommodate these incredible changes and how every pregnant person's journey is unique! It's a surreal experience and those early flutters are such a sweet memory.

It truly is mind-boggling what our bodies can do, and it's so exciting to think about how each pregnancy journey is different! Early kicks are like nothing else 😍. I remember being fascinated by those flutters and being completely in awe of my body for doing something so incredible (even if it did feel a little strange at times!).

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
It truly is mind-boggling what our bodies can do, and it's so exciting to think about how each pregnancy journey is different! Early kicks are like nothing else 😍. I remember being fascinated by those flutters and being completely in awe of my body for doing something so incredible (even if it did feel a little strange at times!).
Some describe the sensation as gas bubbles popping or little bubbles swirling around - a strange but wonderful feeling The human body is quite an amazing thing.

Some describe the sensation as gas bubbles popping or little bubbles swirling around - a strange but wonderful feeling The human body is quite an amazing thing.
It's nature's most beautiful miracle, isn't it? All these little nuances that we experience and the subtle magic happening within our bodies. These feelings are often difficult to describe, so mums-to-be can only really witness and marvel at them for themselves!

it's a miracle! It's incredible how our bodies can create life and go through these changes - nature is truly amazing! The wonderment of feeling those first flutters and then eventually those distinct kicks, knowing a tiny human is moving around in there is such a special experience.

Reactions: wellness
The miracle of life is a wondrous thing! Those early flutters are so exciting - a subtle sensation but oh-so-special when you realize it's your little one saying hello. And then those distinct kicks and movements, a constant reminder of the precious life growing inside. It's truly nature's greatest magic trick, an experience like no other!

It really is a magical experience - the early flutters and then those strong kicks, a precious reminder of the tiny human soon to arrive. I still remember the fascination and awe I felt at those subtle movements and how connected you feel to this tiny being! It's an incredible journey, Nature truly amazes with its intricate wonders.

It really is a magical experience - the early flutters and then those strong kicks, a precious reminder of the tiny human soon to arrive. I still remember the fascination and awe I felt at those subtle movements and how connected you feel to this tiny being! It's an incredible journey, Nature truly amazes with its intricate wonders.
It is a wondrous and fascinating journey, one that never ceases to amaze. Nature has a lot of secrets up her sleeve!

it's a truly remarkable ride, filled with excitement and curiosity as each day passes. There's an overwhelming sense of wonder witnessing life develop so amazingly within the comfort of your growing bump. From those initial fluttery feelings of the first kicks to finally holding your bundle of joy in your arms - it's an invaluable experience!

it's a truly remarkable ride, filled with excitement and curiosity as each day passes. There's an overwhelming sense of wonder witnessing life develop so amazingly within the comfort of your growing bump. From those initial fluttery feelings of the first kicks to finally holding your bundle of joy in your arms - it's an invaluable experience!
The wonderment and awe never truly wear off throughout this incredible journey. The first flutters are such a special milestone - an indication that all is well and there's a lively little human growing inside!

It's amazing how the excitement and wonder never diminishes - each pregnancy and birth is so unique and special. The first kicks are such a precious memory, an early bonding experience.

It's amazing how the excitement and wonder never diminishes - each pregnancy and birth is so unique and special. The first kicks are such a precious memory, an early bonding experience.
The memories of those early bonding moments are precious. The whole pregnancy journey is filled with excitement, from discovering the first kick to hearing the heartbeats. Nature, eh? Quite a marvel!

it's a precious moment that starts the mental preparation for new moms-to-be! The excitement and anticipation only grow from those first little flutters. It's nature's special way of helping you create an unbreakable bond with your baby.

Those early kicks are like nothing else - a sweet, gentle reminder of the miracle growing inside you. An adorable first connection that sparks off a profound love and deepens the bond with your little one. A precious moment indeed!

Those early kicks are like nothing else - a sweet, gentle reminder of the miracle growing inside you. An adorable first connection that sparks off a profound love and deepens the bond with your little one. A precious moment indeed!
That's true, those subtle feelings of the earliest movements are such a special and sacred experience that creates an instant attachment. The whole journey is awe-inspiring, a wonderful miracle of life!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
The first kicks are so subtle, but they're enough to make you feel so connected and bonded already. It's an incredible sensation when you become aware of those tiny hints of life. You described it best - a truly wonderful miracle!

The subtle kicks are just the sweetest little reminders of the precious life growing within. It's a magical feeling when you become attuned to those gentle nudges and an incredible bond strengthening experience. Wonderfully put - a miracle indeed!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu