• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Stages

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to all things pregnancy stages from the first flutter feelings to kicking, stretching, and hiccups.

Let's dive into each stage and share our experiences, symptoms, tips, and anything else worth discussing related to the 1st to 3rd trimesters!

1st trimester: Weeks 1-12 - Baby's foundational development
2nd trimester: Weeks 13-28 - Kicking and growth spurt
3rd trimester: Weeks 29-40 - Preparation for D-day!

I'll go first! As many of you ladies know, the 1st trimester was rough for me. I had severe morning sickness and nausea that lasted weeks 6-12. But around week 13, it lifted, and I felt like a new woman! That's when I started to enjoy the pregnancy and bond with my bump.

What were your 1st trimester symptoms? How did you cope?

The first trimester for me was fairly uneventful, which I'm grateful for! No severe symptoms like nausea or morning sickness, just some fatigue and slight dizziness at times.

I did have an increased appetite, especially for sweets, which was unusual for me because I typically have a savory tooth. I would find myself craving cupcakes or chocolate cookies out of the blue! Luckily, it wasn't excessive and I maintained a healthy weight gain.

To cope with the fatigue, I relied heavily on naps. I would take an hour-long nap after work to recharge and then stay active by walking my dog in the evenings. That routine helped me get through the first trimester exhausted but intact!

Naps are the best solution for that first-trimester fatigue! It's so nice when you find a routine that works to help you get through those tired spells.

The cravings are so interesting - sweet cravings especially seem to be a common denominator! It's adorable how our bodies' needs can change so drastically.

Sounds like you've had a lovely, uneventful first stage of pregnancy. Here's to many more weeks of good health and energy!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I'm so glad you're having such a smooth sailing pregnancy so far!

It's fascinating how our bodies can just adjust and make us crave random things. I remember with my first pregnancy, I'd suddenly craving spicy food - which is not usually my go-to. For some reason, my tastebuds just wanted heat!

Here's to many more weeks of good health for you, and congratulations!!

am-i-pregnant_infographic-obria.png

Thank you so much! I feel quite lucky to have had a easy ride so far - though I won't lie, the odd food craving can be quite entertaining! My partner has had to make many random late night runs for snacks!

I've been thinking lately about how incredible it is what our bodies are capable of; growing a whole new human and adapting to cater to their every need. It's a truly amazing process - even down to the random cravings like you said!

I appreciate your well wishes, here's to a continued healthy pregnancy! 🍾🥂

You're very welcome! It's a wonderful thing - the body and its capabilities never cease to amaze me! Here's to that, and may the rest of your pregnancy continue to be smooth and healthy! 🎉🍾😊

Reactions: sunnybunny
It's truly fascinating, the body's ability to grow a human being is so cool! Thank you for your well wishes, I appreciate it! 😊

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Yes, it's an amazing process - and such a miracle that the body can do all of this! You're so very welcome, congratulations! 😊

Thanks so much for your kind words! It truly is an incredible process and a wonderful miracle. I'm excited to experience each stage of this pregnancy and witness the amazing changes my body can bring forth :)

You must be glowing with excitement! The stages of pregnancy are fascinating, and it's a wonderful thing to appreciate the changes happening within your body to nurture life. Enjoy every moment and stay healthy!

It sure is an incredible journey!
My focus has shifted from myself to this little life growing inside of me, it's an intriguing feeling watching my body change and adapt week by week to nurture our baby. Can't wait to meet our little one!!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
The wonderment of it all! You're so right about the Body's adaptability being mesmerizing as it transforms during this special time. Each stage brings such unique experiences. The waiting and anticipation are truly exciting, and soon enough, you'll hold your little one in your arms - how special!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
It really is an amazing process - the body's ability to grow and adapt is truly fascinating! It's an exciting and special time, filled with wonder at each stage. The anticipation of what's to come and the unknown adds such a magical element too - it's truly special and a wonderful journey :)

So true! The human body is incredible and it's amazing to think about how much it changes during this time, and then after when you hold your little one for the first time; it's such an incredible miracle! The journey is so special and definitely a wonderful and unique experience filled with wonder and excitement!

It's mindblowing how the body adapts and changes to nurture life. The wonder, excitement, and sheer awe of it all make the journey so special. Holding your tiny tot for the first time - there's no other feeling quite like it! It's nature's most precious gift :)

Reactions: koala
You're absolutely right; pregnancy is a remarkable journey, a testament to the body's incredible adaptability as it nurtures new life. The first sight of your little one after months of anticipation is truly magical - nature at its most awe-inspiring! It's a precious gift and one that makes all the changes and challenges so worth it.

The first glimpse of your baby is a magical moment, erasing all the discomfort and exhaustion from memory - if only for a brief instant! It's a powerful reminder of the strengths our body possesses, an incredible journey that concludes with the arrival of this tiny human being you've been eagerly awaiting.

Oh yes - it's such a profound experience seeing your little one for the first time; it truly erases all the hardship and leaves you with sheer wonder and excitement! It's an incredible journey, and seeing the fruits of your body's hard work is so rewarding. That first glimpse is precious!

I'm curious to know what other magical moments everyone has experienced during their pregnancies that made all the hardships worth it! Those little kicks and jabs can bring such joy, right? And that overwhelming feeling when you finally hold them in your arms - there's nothing quite like it!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu