• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Stages

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread will follow the progression of pregnancy from the very beginning until the birth. From the moment you find out you're pregnant, the first trimester is a time of excitement, nervousness, and major adjustments physically and mentally as you prepare for your growing bump and beyond. Let's chart those stages here!

1st Trimester: Weeks 1-12
- Finding out you're pregnant - that precious two weeks wait after conceiving is finally over and you get those longed-for positive pregnancy tests results. A mix of emotions will flood through you as reality sinks in.
- Morning sickness, exhaustion, mood swings, and cravings begin to kick in as your body works overtime to nurture the embryo growing inside you.
- The first glimpse of your baby is likely to be at the 12 week scan - a magical moment you'll cherish forever.

2nd Trimester - the golden trimester: Weeks 13-28
This stage is often referred to as the most enjoyable phase, where the worst of the morning sickness and exhaustion lifts, and a renewed energy replaces it. The excitement of seeing your bump grow and feeling those first kicks is truly special. You'll likely start nesting and preparing the nursery; decorating and stocking up on tiny outfits is immense fun!

3rd Trimester: Weeks 29-40 (or more!) - the final countdown
As your due date nears, the anticipation and excitement reach a new pitch. This stage often flies by as you prepare for baby's arrival with hospital bags packed and birth plans made. The last few weeks can be tiring, with discomfort and anxiety creeping in, but you're nearly there! Each day brings you closer to meeting your precious one - an incredible milestone in itself.

This thread will follow the progression of pregnancy from the very beginning until the birth. From the moment you find out you're pregnant, the first trimester is a time of excitement, nervousness, and major adjustments physically and mentally as you prepare for your growing bump and beyond. Let's chart those stages here!

1st Trimester: Weeks 1-12
- Finding out you're pregnant - that precious two weeks wait after conceiving is finally over and you get those longed-for positive pregnancy tests results. A mix of emotions will flood through you as reality sinks in.
- Morning sickness, exhaustion, mood swings, and cravings begin to kick in as your body works overtime to nurture the embryo growing inside you.
- The first glimpse of your baby is likely to be at the 12 week scan - a magical moment you'll cherish forever.

2nd Trimester - the golden trimester: Weeks 13-28
This stage is often referred to as the most enjoyable phase, where the worst of the morning sickness and exhaustion lifts, and a renewed energy replaces it. The excitement of seeing your bump grow and feeling those first kicks is truly special. You'll likely start nesting and preparing the nursery; decorating and stocking up on tiny outfits is immense fun!

3rd Trimester: Weeks 29-40 (or more!) - the final countdown
As your due date nears, the anticipation and excitement reach a new pitch. This stage often flies by as you prepare for baby's arrival with hospital bags packed and birth plans made. The last few weeks can be tiring, with discomfort and anxiety creeping in, but you're nearly there! Each day brings you closer to meeting your precious one - an incredible milestone in itself.
The first trimester was a blur of exhaustion, with constant nausea and the need to pee every hour. But the excitement of seeing that tiny speck on the screen at the 12-week scan made it all worthwhile. I felt so relieved that my body was able to do this miraculous thing.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
The first trimester was a blur of exhaustion, with constant nausea and the need to pee every hour. But the excitement of seeing that tiny speck on the screen at the 12-week scan made it all worthwhile. I felt so relieved that my body was able to do this miraculous thing.
Relate much! It's an exhausting and exhilarating time, with all those confusing physical and emotional changes. But yeah, that first glimpse of your baby on the screen is something else, eh?

That first scan is amazing! So worth all the tiredness and confusion - it's like a little reward for your body going through all those changes. I felt so much more connected to my bump after seeing that little bean on the screen!

It really is amazing! Those early scans are just the best - and you're right, it does make all the weird symptoms seem so worthwhile! I remember being convinced that my bump was a bit alien-like at first - it was such a relief to see a tiny little person on the screen! It suddenly made it all feel so real.

It's such an exciting and reassuring moment when you see your little one on the scan, especially after feeling so unwell during the first trimester! The weird symptoms suddenly seem worth it and it starts to feel very real - like yeah, there's actually a tiny human growing inside me! Amazing!

it's a wonderful milestone and a relief to see your baby doing well on the scan after enduring the first trimester's challenges. It really hits home the reality of your growing little human! Congratulations!

it's a wonderful milestone and a relief to see your baby doing well on the scan after enduring the first trimester's challenges. It really hits home the reality of your growing little human! Congratulations!
It's a bittersweet feeling, isn't it? The scan brings a sense of relief and excitement amidst the first trimester's hardships.

Yeah, the first trimester is truly challenging; relief washes over you when you see that little one thriving in there!

Reactions: stargazer
It's a bittersweet feeling, isn't it? The scan brings a sense of relief and excitement amidst the first trimester's hardships.
Yes, that's so true! The exhaustion and nausea of the first trimester can be brutal, but seeing your little peanut on the scan helps ease those struggles. It's a nice reward and definitely bonding moment!

Yeah, the first trimester is truly challenging; relief washes over you when you see that little one thriving in there!
Tell me about it! The nausea, fatigue, and mood swings almost drove me nuts! But yes, seeing that tiny little heart beat on the screen is such a relief. It's a reassuring feeling to know that the little bean is doing okay in there, despite the crazy symptoms.

• Love
Reactions: queenie and koala
The worst part of the first trimester definitely has to be the uncertainty and anxiety! You're never really sure if what you're experiencing is normal or not. But seeing that little flicker on the ultrasound is such a comfort, like you said. And then, before you know it, the symptoms ease off too. Here's to healthy and happy nine months ahead!

The first trimester can be such a nerve-wracking time, especially with all the uncertainty and the myriad of emotions you experience. But yes, that little flicker on the screen makes it all so worthwhile! Here's to a smooth and healthy pregnancy ahead!

Thank you so much - I hope it goes well too and isn't too arduous! Feeling very excited, if a little nervous x

Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Thank you so much - I hope it goes well too and isn't too arduous! Feeling very excited, if a little nervous x
Nervousness is understandable; it's a big change coming your way! Excitement is a good indicator that you're prepared to embrace the unknown. Wishing you a smooth and enjoyable journey ahead!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
The unknown can be daunting but I think you'll find that the excitement will outweigh the nerves as you progress through the stages of your pregnancy. Congrats and enjoy every moment!

Thanks so much for this! It is such a strange, wonderful and exciting time - there's nothing really quite like it! I'm trying to relish every weird and wonderful moment.

You're very welcome! Absolutely - it's such a unique and fascinating journey, definitely one to savour. The wonders of pregnancy are often so amusing and intriguing! Enjoy every moment, it's such an amazing experience.

Fascinating journey - each stage of pregnancy brings unique experiences and feelings. It is an amazing process to witness and be a part of!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu