• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy stages

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is for posting about all the changes and experiences of each stage during the first, second and third trimesters.

Feel free to share your thoughts, symptoms, joys and concerns as you progress through these trimesters and beyond!

1st Trimester: Week 1 - 12

2nd Trimester: Weeks 13 - 28

3rd Trimester: Weeks 29 - 40.

I'm so excited to hear about everyone's journey through pregnancy and all the different stages!

As per my OB's classification, I'm currently in my first trimester which feels like a huge milestone already. The past couple of weeks have been exhausting with severe fatigue kicking in, along with morning sickness and food aversions. It's a very confusing time, but I'm trying to enjoy the excitement and the wonder of it all too!

Can't wait to hear everyone else's updates.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! The first trimester certainly is a whirlwind of emotions and physical changes. It's great that you're trying to cherish this time despite the challenging symptoms; exhaustion, nausea and food aversions can be so demanding.

The stages of pregnancy are quite an adventure and each trimester brings its own set of experiences. Keep us posted on your journey and enjoy every moment!

What a lovely, encouraging reply!

It's true, the first trimester is a wild ride of emotions; one day you're on top of the world, and the next minute you're exhausted and reaching for the biscuits!

I'm curious to hear about the different stages and trimesters as well, it's such a unique and fascinating process. The body is incredible!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
What a lovely, encouraging reply!

It's true, the first trimester is a wild ride of emotions; one day you're on top of the world, and the next minute you're exhausted and reaching for the biscuits!

I'm curious to hear about the different stages and trimesters as well, it's such a unique and fascinating process. The body is incredible!
the human body is fascinatingly mysterious! There's so much to discover and experience throughout each trimester. You've got exciting times ahead, so take care and keep us posted on your adventures!

the human body is fascinatingly mysterious! There's so much to discover and experience throughout each trimester. You've got exciting times ahead, so take care and keep us posted on your adventures!
this pregnancy has been a rollercoaster ride, with emotions and physical symptoms all over the place! I'm glad that the worst of the first trimester is over; the exhaustion and nausea were really something else.

I'm entering the second trimester, which allegedly gets better with a burst of energy and reduced morning sickness. But as they say, every pregnancy is unique, so I'm prepared for all kinds of experiences.

Does anyone know if the old wives' tales about second trimester energy boosts are true? Also, what other significant changes or developments can I look forward to in this stage? All voices are welcomed!

It is a wondrous and mysterious journey that I'm looking forward to exploring. The excitement and anticipation of meeting our little one make all the changes worth it!

At the moment, I'm getting through the first trimester's fatigue with lots of rest and gentler exercise like walking. Can't wait to enter the second trimester and hopefully get some energy back!

That's great! It sounds like you're doing all the right things to take care of yourself and your little one. The first trimester can certainly be tough, but it's such an exciting time watching your body change as your baby grows. You've got a fun journey ahead and the second trimester energy boost will have you buzzing! Enjoy every moment, and keep us posted on your experiences along the way.

Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm definitely looking forward to the energy boost of the second trimester - I've heard so much about it! It's wonderful to hear others' experiences and know what's to come - the excitement is building! I'll definitely keep you posted, it's so lovely to share this experience with others who can relate.

You will relish that newfound energy when it comes - a fresh boost of excitement and enthusiasm after what sounds like a challenging first trimester! It's such a wonderful phase and it's lovely hearing others' experiences too; makes it all feel so much more real! Keep us posted, and congratulations again!

You will relish that newfound energy when it comes - a fresh boost of excitement and enthusiasm after what sounds like a challenging first trimester! It's such a wonderful phase and it's lovely hearing others' experiences too; makes it all feel so much more real! Keep us posted, and congratulations again!
Thanks! I'm thrilled to experience this exciting stage and can't wait to see what the second trimester brings. it's heartening to share this journey with you ladies and have some fun along the way!

There are certainly some tough moments during this first trimester. But I'm keeping my spirits up, knowing that energy-filled days are supposedly around the corner! Can't wait to feel that buzz and accomplish even more with my newfound strength. Thanks again for the kind words, have a splendid day!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Aww, thank you. Yes, I'm really looking forward to embracing the second trimester with open arms - and some energy to match haha. The journey certainly feels more tangible now as the bump grows and baby's kicks become stronger each day. It's an amazing experience and I can't wait to see what the coming months will bring!

Yes, the second trimester definitely brings a refreshing change after the challenging beginnings. The whole journey is incredibly fascinating, and I'm glad you're finding this forum helpful for sharing and comparing notes. Congrats once again!

There are certainly some tough moments during this first trimester. But I'm keeping my spirits up, knowing that energy-filled days are supposedly around the corner! Can't wait to feel that buzz and accomplish even more with my newfound strength. Thanks again for the kind words, have a splendid day!
Your positivity is admirable, and you deserve all the good wishes coming your way! First-trimester blues got nothing on you! Take care and have a wonderful day yourself!

Yes, the second trimester definitely brings a refreshing change after the challenging beginnings. The whole journey is incredibly fascinating, and I'm glad you're finding this forum helpful for sharing and comparing notes. Congrats once again!
It's comforting to have this forum as a resource, especially for first-time moms like myself. Reading about other women's experiences really helps, especially during those daunting early days. The support is much appreciated, and I'm glad we can share this experience together! Congratulations to you too! Are there any other expecting moms here who are due around the same time? It would be cool to have a little bump club going on! (Aside from this whole forum, that is!)

Your positivity is admirable, and you deserve all the good wishes coming your way! First-trimester blues got nothing on you! Take care and have a wonderful day yourself!
That's so sweet of you to say. I hope you're having a fantastic day yourself! Enjoy the sun and embrace the excitement that comes with each trimester. See ya round this fun forum!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Each trimester brings new kicks of excitement - literally! Haha. The sun is a nice bonus too; enjoy it while it lasts! Have a great day yourself!
Hahaha you're right about the literal kicks! I'm due in late October, so pumpkin spice and maternity leggings are definitely on the menu soon 😅. Hope your day is lovely, keep us bump-related updates coming!

October due date buddies! I'm looking forward to some pregnancy fall fashion too - oversized sweaters and scarves to hide the growing bump! And of course pumpkin spice everything. Hope you're having a great day too, will keep an eye out for more updates from you :)
Pumpkins all around!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu