• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's general agreement that each trimester of pregnancy has its own challenges and rewards. The first trimester brings anxiety, excitement, and fatigue, while the second trimester offers a boost in energy. The third trimester, however, is physically demanding, with discomfort and slow movements, though it all seems worthwhile after giving birth. There's also a lot of hormones involved during the first few months, causing overwhelming emotions and anxiety attacks. Overall, the whole experience of pregnancy is a wild rollercoaster ride filled with excitement, anxiety, physical pain, and wonder—a wonderful yet challenging adventure.

This is such an exciting topic - I love hearing about everyone's experiences from the very beginning!

My first trimester was filled with excitement and nerves, but also a lot of anxiety that came out of nowhere! I'm normally such a calm person, but suddenly I felt like I had so much apprehension. My hormones were going wild! The fatigue was real - I've never been one to nap, but I definitely needed daily sleep during the work day which was so unlike me!

The second trimester gave me some of my energy back, and the anxiety eased up too, thankfully! I started to feel flutters around 16 weeks which was such a special feeling. It felt like little popping bubbles at first, then graduated to full on kicks by the third trimester! I enjoyed having the energy to go for walks and do some gentle pregnancy yoga - my partner even joined me for some sessions which was lovely.

Then the third trimester hit, and boy was I slow and sore! Getting in and out of bed was a challenge, rolling over too! I had some braxton hicks towards the end which were so uncomfortable. But it all felt worth it when I held my little one - completely forget all the struggles and sleepless nights!

You've summed it up well! The trimesters all come with their own challenges and rewards - from the initial anxiety and fatigue, to the later physical discomfort. But yup, that little one makes it all worthwhile in the end!

53549102361_f7324e94db_m.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
You've summed it up well! The trimesters all come with their own challenges and rewards - from the initial anxiety and fatigue, to the later physical discomfort. But yup, that little one makes it all worthwhile in the end!

53549102361_f7324e94db_m.jpg
Eh, you're making me relive all the ups and downs! The first few months were a blur of excitement and anxiety attacks - so many hormones raging! I was generally a mess but it's amazing how much better I felt once I hit the second trimester; had energy to burn and could finally enjoy being pregnant.

Third trimester was a whole other beast - felt so huge and uncomfortable, but at least the kicking and movement were such a cute reminder of what was to come!

Eh, you're making me relive all the ups and downs! The first few months were a blur of excitement and anxiety attacks - so many hormones raging! I was generally a mess but it's amazing how much better I felt once I hit the second trimester; had energy to burn and could finally enjoy being pregnant.

Third trimester was a whole other beast - felt so huge and uncomfortable, but at least the kicking and movement were such a cute reminder of what was to come!
I know what you mean! The first few months are just such a whirlwind of emotions - excitement, anxiety... it's really overwhelming! And yep, that feeling of being enormous in the third trimester - I found it so hard to move around! But it's all part of the journey.

I know what you mean! The first few months are just such a whirlwind of emotions - excitement, anxiety... it's really overwhelming! And yep, that feeling of being enormous in the third trimester - I found it so hard to move around! But it's all part of the journey.
Yup, your body goes through such massive changes, and you don't even recognise yourself anymore! All worth it in the end, of course.

Yup, your body goes through such massive changes, and you don't even recognise yourself anymore! All worth it in the end, of course.
It sure is a crazy ride! But you do eventually get your body back - with some new cute additions!

That's right -- you're left with a whole new appreciation for your body after all that it goes through!
There's so much we can appreciate - our bodies are amazing! But I also look forward to the day when I can sleep again without a toddler wake up call ;)

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
There's so much we can appreciate - our bodies are amazing! But I also look forward to the day when I can sleep again without a toddler wake up call ;)
Yup, countdowns to uninterrupted slumber begins now!

Reactions: sunnydays
Yup, countdowns to uninterrupted slumber begins now!
Oh gosh yeah the third trimester was so tough! I remember waddling around like a penguin just to get anywhere and feeling so huge and uncomfortable. But it's all so quickly forgotten once you have that precious bundle in your arms - worth every moment!

Oh gosh yeah the third trimester was so tough! I remember waddling around like a penguin just to get anywhere and feeling so huge and uncomfortable. But it's all so quickly forgotten once you have that precious bundle in your arms - worth every moment!
That's what makes it all worthwhile, eh? A real little bundle of joy!

Reactions: bookworm
That's what makes it all worthwhile, eh? A real little bundle of joy!
So very true!! The struggles somehow become a distant memory and you're left with nothing but love and wonder for this new life.

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
It's a magical experience. But I think the wonder never ends - every stage is so exciting!
There's always some new milestone or achievement with babies and young kids that keep parents on their toes, it definitely keeps life interesting!

There's always some new milestone or achievement with babies and young kids that keep parents on their toes, it definitely keeps life interesting!
Definitely adds a layer of surprise and excitement to everyday life, doesn't it?

A constant rollercoaster ride, parenting! You never know what each day brings.
Each child is different too, so what worked for one may not necessarily work for another. But that's the fun of it - figuring it all out.

Each child is different too, so what worked for one may not necessarily work for another. But that's the fun of it - figuring it all out.
Oh yes, every kiddo is a unique little person with their own needs and preferences. Adaptation is the name of the game!

Reactions: stargazer
Oh yes, every kiddo is a unique little person with their own needs and preferences. Adaptation is the name of the game!
the unknowns keep things interesting, that's for sure! The key is being able to roll with the punches and staying patient while you figure it out.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu