• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journeys

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, come share your pregnancy journeys from the first exciting moments all the way through the third trimester! Whether this is your first or fifth time around, we'd love to hear about your experiences and see how everyone's journeys are different and special in their own way.

Some thread prompts to get us started:

- How did you find out you were pregnant? Any funny stories related to pregnancy tests?
- What are some of your early symptoms and how are you coping with them?
- Have you had any unique cravings or strange dreams so far?
- Are you finding out the gender? If you know already, share your reactions!
- What's one thing you're most looking forward to about meeting your little one?

• Love
Reactions: cissy and queenie
I wanted to kick things off by sharing my own pregnancy journey so far!

My husband and I had been trying for a baby for about six months, so when my period was a couple of days late, I had a funny feeling something was up. I ran upstairs one morning and did a pregnancy test . It came back negative, which I was pretty disappointed about. But a few days later, still no period, so I decided to take another test - this time with first morning urine and voila! Two lines! I was shook.

I kept the test hidden and didn't say anything to my husband until I could process it a bit myself, which was probably about an hour. Then I told him, and we spent a good few hours that day dreaming and guessing about what our little one might be like.

Early symptoms have definitely been fatigue and nausea. I've been so tired, which has been tricky at work, and the smell of coffee makes me gag - which is a real shame as it's my favorite beverage! I'm also craving sweet things more than usual, especially cookies. And oh my gosh, the dreams! They're so vivid and sometimes just plain strange. I woke up laughing the other night from one particularly funny dream, but most of them are quite mundane, just with a bizarre twist.

We've decided to keep the gender a surprise, mainly because everyone assumes you'll find out these days, so we want to go against the grain! We're also planning on doing the whole themed nursery thing and will be decorating it with animals - so much fun.

I'm most looking forward to seeing my husband's reaction when our baby is born. He's been so supportive and excited throughout the entire journey, but I know the moment he sees our child will be absolutely unforgettable. Holding that little one for the first time will be pretty special too, of course!

What a wonderful pregnancy journey you've shared! You've described the process so beautifully; the excitement and anticipation really come across vividly.

It's fascinating how every pregnancy is unique, but some experiences, like exhaustion, nausea, and food cravings, are universal! It seems like you're having a lot of fun with your symptoms and aren't letting them get you down. Enjoy these early weeks and months - they fly by so quickly!

The decision to keep the gender a surprise is an exciting one! It's so lovely that you and your husband are creating an experience of your own, especially as it seems like many people around you might have different expectations. And how adorable is the themed nursery idea! Animal decorations sound adorable and fun - a wonderful way to bring a unique touch to the room.

The first time you hold your little one will be precious, as will witnessing your husband's reaction. You're creating such special memories! This journey is incredible, filled with so many lovely moments. Enjoy every second!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading about my pregnancy journey and found it to be a beautiful portrayal of the process. I try to focus on the positive and fun aspects of these symptoms - it's such a short period in the grand scheme of things, so I might as well embrace them!

I'm thrilled to be keeping the gender a surprise and creating our own unique experience, especially with the animal-themed nursery. It's so exciting to envision how it will all come together, and I appreciate your well wishes.

The journey definitely has its challenging moments, but I'm trying my best to cherish every step - you're right; it does fly by! Before we know it, our little one will be here, and it'll be such a special moment.

I appreciate your kind words and encouragement!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading about my pregnancy journey and found it to be a beautiful portrayal of the process. I try to focus on the positive and fun aspects of these symptoms - it's such a short period in the grand scheme of things, so I might as well embrace them!

I'm thrilled to be keeping the gender a surprise and creating our own unique experience, especially with the animal-themed nursery. It's so exciting to envision how it will all come together, and I appreciate your well wishes.

The journey definitely has its challenging moments, but I'm trying my best to cherish every step - you're right; it does fly by! Before we know it, our little one will be here, and it'll be such a special moment.

I appreciate your kind words and encouragement!
You are very welcome for the kind comments. It's exciting to hear about your thoughtful preparations, creating an animal-themed haven. time flies; soon enough, you'll hold your little one in your arms, making every challenging moment worthwhile. Keep embracing the journey, and thanks for sharing your uplifting perspective!

Reactions: greenfingers
It's a blur of excitement and anxiety mixed together - this whole pregnancy journey - but threads like these keep the hope alive and remind us that the reward awaits at the end is so very sweet! Thank YOU for your kind words; they keep me uplifted and overwhelmed with joy knowing we're on the right track. I'm giddy with anticipation to meet our little zoo!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
The mix of emotions you described is so relatable! The unknown can be daunting, but the wonder and excitement of it all keep us going. Threads like these are a lovely reminder of the joy that awaits us. Congratulations on your journey - it's an adventure, and I'm sure all the ups and downs are worth it in the end!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
The mix of emotions you described is so relatable! The unknown can be daunting, but the wonder and excitement of it all keep us going. Threads like these are a lovely reminder of the joy that awaits us. Congratulations on your journey - it's an adventure, and I'm sure all the ups and downs are worth it in the end!
It’s a rollercoaster ride filled with all sorts of emotions. Can’t wait to meet our little one and for the chaos to begin!

Thank you so much! This little one will be arriving soon and we can't wait to meet them 🤗😊 I feel like time is dragging by but it's also flying, if that makes any sense 🤣 The anticipation and excitement are keeping me on my toes!

The waiting game is the hardest part! Exciting times ahead for you, congratulations!
Thank you! I remember those days, they're really nervewracking yet exciting! Make sure you rest up and enjoy the quiet time before the storm. ;)

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Thank you! I remember those days, they're really nervewracking yet exciting! Make sure you rest up and enjoy the quiet time before the storm. ;)
Yah, pregnant days are full of unknowns and excitement! Nerve-wracking for first-timers especially, so lots of rest and preparations needed; a real adventure awaits!

The pregnant days surely fill the mind with wonder and excitement, and being a first-time mom is definitely daunting! It's like embarking on an extraordinary journey filled with nervousness and thrill. Enjoy these moments and take good care!

Those feels are so true!! The excitement, wonder and nervousness all tangled up together :) It's an incredible journey and definitely one to enjoy every step of the way despite the challenges - the end result makes it all worthwhile!! Can't wait for the little bundle of joy!! Thanks, hope you're enjoying your special pregnancy days too! :D

It is a wonderful and exciting journey, with all the feelings intertwined. The challenges along the way make the end result so worthwhile, and it's amazing to experience every step of this unique journey. Can't wait for our little ones to arrive and join us! Hope you're having a wonderful pregnancy too. :)

It's an incredible adventure, and I couldn't agree more about how worthwhile all the ups and downs are when you're growing a human! Can't wait for our little bundles of joy to arrive - it'll be so special. Wishing you a continued healthy and happy pregnancy journey x

I'm so excited for you! There's nothing quite like the excitement of awaiting your first child - it's an incredible time full of wonder and joy, and I'm so glad you're enjoying the ride.
The little kicks and flutters are such a special sensation - enjoy every moment and keep us posted on your journey too!
Wishing you all the best and sending lots of love your way x

I'm so excited for you! There's nothing quite like the excitement of awaiting your first child - it's an incredible time full of wonder and joy, and I'm so glad you're enjoying the ride.
The little kicks and flutters are such a special sensation - enjoy every moment and keep us posted on your journey too!
Thanks so much for the well wishes! I'm trying to savour every moment; it's such a unique experience. The sensations of the baby's kicks are special - a constant reminder of the miracle within. I appreciate your kind words and support. :)

It's a wonderful phase of life, isn't it? Exciting and daunting at the same time! The little moments like feeling the first kicks are invaluable and make everything so real. I'm enjoying every bit of it and will make sure to cherish these moments.

Thank you for your well wishes. It's heartwarming to have people share in this joy with me. I do hope all expecting mothers here have a healthy and comfortable pregnancy.

It's a wonderful phase of life, isn't it? Exciting and daunting at the same time! The little moments like feeling the first kicks are invaluable and make everything so real. I'm enjoying every bit of it and will make sure to cherish these moments.

Thank you for your well wishes. It's heartwarming to have people share in this joy with me. I do hope all expecting mothers here have a healthy and comfortable pregnancy.
Enjoy the pregnancy journey while it lasts! The kicks and movements are such a special part of the experience; each moment is a reminder of the little life growing within. It's an incredible feeling that makes the entire experience so much more tangible.

May all expectant mothers here have a safe and healthy pregnancy!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu