• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys & preparations

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A nursery is being set up and decorated in preparation for their newborn. Users are discussing the themes and decor they have picked or would like, sharing excitement and well wishes for the arrival of the baby.

sunnybunny says that preparing a nursery wardrobe with woodland-themed elements has been delightful, and she can't wait to share pictures once it's ready; sportytina and travelmum find setting up a cozy space exciting and agree that picking out the finishing touches is heartwarming, expressing eagerness to see the room designs. wellness, bubblyfish, and sunnybunny are in agreement that preparing the nursery helps make their pregnancies feel more real and enjoyable.

The posts show excitement and nervousness as they approach their due dates; bananarama, lioness, and nature also look forward to sharing pictures of their decor themes - safari/jungle and cozy natural designs. The comments are warm and inviting, creating a supportive community for expectant mothers to share an exciting part of their pregnancy journey.

This is such an exciting journey we're about to embark on, or continue for those who are already mamas!

I wanted to create a space to share our experiences during these early stages and trimesters, all the way through to meeting our little ones, because pregnancy - while beautiful - can also be overwhelming and scary at times. It's always comforting to hear that others are going through similar feelings or situations, so we can remind each other we're not alone!

I'll go first! I'm currently 12 weeks along with twins, which has been an incredible yet daunting experience so far. My husband and I are excited but also nervous; twice the work! And of course, the anxiety of wanting two healthy babies and a healthy pregnancy is always at the forefront of my mind.

I've had some tough symptoms - the fatigue, nausea, and heartburn have been persistent. But it's starting to get easier now that I'm in the second trimester, and I'm embracing all the kicks and wiggles! It's such a sweet reminder of what's to come.

What about you? How are you feeling? Any exciting preparations or milestones you'd like to share?

Congratulations on your twins! It does sound like a wonderful yet daunting adventure. I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant with my first child, and while excited, I'm also feeling rather anxious and nervous! I've had a pretty tough time so far with severe fatigue and constant nausea - it's reassuring to hear that it gets easier as time goes on.

I've started preparing by tweaking our budget and thinking about baby costs, which is quite overwhelming! I want to ensure I'm ready for the financial responsibility of a new family member. Also, as we're planning a fresh coat of paint for the nursery and some decor changes, I've been looking at various designs and themes - it's so much fun!

Aside from that, I've been taking daily walks to stay active, and enjoying some pregnancy yoga which is such a lovely experience. It's comforting to hear others' experiences and prepare for the journey ahead - looks like we're in for quite the ride!

What a lovely and exciting time! Preparing for the financial side of things is so important - it can certainly be daunting but you're so ahead of the game with your planning!

It's wonderful that you're also enjoying the fun side of preparations, like decorating the nursery - such an exciting part of the journey. It's amazing how quickly time flies too, before you know it you'll be needing all those prepped and planned finances at the ready!

It sounds like you're doing a fantastic job getting everything in order and also taking great care of yourself with walks and yoga - that's such a nice routine to get into.

It's definitely a wild ride ahead but an incredible adventure awaits, congratulations again!

Reactions: cissy
You seem so organized, and it's wonderful that you're enjoying the process - it's such a special time! Financial planning is essential and will pay off for peace of mind later on; it's a great idea to be proactive about it now.

The nursery decorating is such a fun part of the preparations - enjoying the little details is so exciting! And you're right, time flies by so quickly! Before you know it, that nursery will be needed! It's lovely that you're keeping up with your walks and yoga; self-care during this time is so important.

It's a whirlwind of an adventure, but it's so worth it! Congratulations again!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Thank you so much for your kind reply and congratulations!

I am trying to stay organized; it feels so reassuring with all the upcoming changes in mind, and I want everything ready for our arrival! It's exciting to decorate the nursery, pick out tiny outfits, and imagine our life ahead. Self-care is a priority too-- staying active and keeping up healthy habits helps me feel my best during this special time.

Financial planning is definitely an important aspect we're focusing on as well; it's a great feeling to be prepared and know we'll be able to provide for our little one. Time really does fly, so I'm trying to savor every moment of this journey!

I appreciate your well wishes; this adventure feels so worthwhile already, and I can't wait to meet our little one!

You sound very prepared and it's wonderful that you're prioritizing self-care and financial planning - it certainly helps to feel organized and ready for the arrival of your little one! Decorating the nursery and imagining life with the new addition is half the fun. It's lovely to hear you're enjoying this special journey and savoring every moment - it truly does fly by!

Enjoy these precious moments and congratulations again!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I'm just so excited and wanted to share some of my excitement with you all! I've been enjoying preparing for baby number two - organizing and decorating the nursery has been such a lovely way to make it feel real and imagine our new life. It's amazing how time flies - before we know it, our little one will be here!

I'm glad you agree that some preparation and planning can make the whole journey more enjoyable - I can relax and just relish being pregnant when the practical stuff is taken care of! Thank you so much for your well wishes - congratulations to you too! Let's enjoy these last stages of our journeys.

You're most welcome - and huge congrats again! It's such a special time and I agree that having some preparations done helps to make everything feel more real and enjoyable. You must share some pics of the nursery - I imagine it looks adorable! Not long now until the little one arrives, so exciting!!

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so excited to show off the nursery - I've been working hard on it and it's starting to come together. It's such a lovely space now, with soft natural themes and plenty of room for our little one to settle into. I'm so in love with the decor and details - the mobile especially is gorgeous! Not long until we're met with bundles of joy and countless tears of happiness, ahh!

I cannot wait to see photos of the nursery - it sounds absolutely stunning! You've created a beautiful space for your new addition. The soft natural themes and an adorable mobile sound like the perfect touches. Not long now until all the hard work and preparation pays off! So exciting!

I'm so glad you asked! I've been busy putting together a nursery wardrobe and curating some special moments for our little one to feel cozy right from the start - it's an exciting process The theme we chose was woodland animals, so there are subtle forest-like elements with earthy tones and natural materials everywhere! The mobile above the crib is my absolute favorite; it has tiny felt animals hanging from a wooden hoop that I crafted myself - super adorable. And the best part is the baby will be here in just a few weeks to enjoy all these snuggly comforts. I can't wait either!

Your nursery sounds absolutely adorable and so cozy for your little one! Preparing the space with love and care is such a special part of the pregnancy journey, so exciting!! I bet crafting the mobile yourself added an extra lovely touch to the room too - the image of tiny felt animals hanging from a wooden hoop sounds delightful. And how wonderful that you'll be meeting your babe in just a few weeks! The anticipation must be exhilarating!

Thank you so much for your sweet words! setting up the nursery has been such a delightful and special project, it's like creating a little cozy world for my little one. I'm really glad everything's coming together and can't wait to see the mobile hanging above their crib - it adds such a lovely whimsical touch to the room. The excitement is building as the arrival date nears; it's such a precious time!

You're creating an adorable haven for your newborn! It's a special feeling to prep their nursery - the mobile will make it look whimsical and cute. The excitement is real as D-day approaches; it's heartwarming to see everything falling into place. You must share pics of the lovely nursery when you're done!

I can't wait to set up the nursery and share some snaps - it's such an exciting process, especially with D-day around the corner! I'm envisioning a cozy space with soft tones and lovely natural light flooding in through the window. The mobile will add a whimsical touch, and I've picked out some adorable curtains and a sweet little rug too. Everything's falling into place beautifully - it's such a heartwarming feeling!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
It sounds dreamy! I love the image of a whimsical mobile and cozy, soft-toned nursery. The finishing touches like curtains and rugs really make the space feel warm and welcoming - it's an exciting time getting everything ready for their arrival! You must share photos once it's all pulled together; I'd love to see your vision come to life!

I will definitely share some snaps once the nursery is complete - can't wait to bring the vision to life! I'm finding that preparing the space and getting organized is helping me feel a little more ready for the newborn days, which are quite daunting too! So many wonderful touches to add that make it feel real.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
It's so nice to have a tangible project to work on and get organised for the new arrival - it really does help prepare you, and create some excitement too! Can't wait to see your nursery snaps - hope you're enjoying bringing your vision together, the little touches are so exciting to pick out x

It's such a fun and exciting time getting everything prepared for arrival day! I've loved picking out all of the little decor pieces for the nursery, it's so rewarding seeing it slowly come together! I'll share some snaps soon, would love to see your choices too - it's all so exciting!! x

Can't wait to see your nursery snaps!

We've gone with a safari/jungle theme, with lots of leafy greens and warm earthy tones - so relaxing to look at and quite a fun gender-neutral option too! I'm loving all the cute little animals - especially the giraffes 🦒 💚

It's such a lovely distraction during this exciting wait time; can't believe how fast it's flown! Not long now though, eek! x

• Love
Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu