• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys & baby preparation

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, we're going to share our experiences and advice on navigating those early pregnancy trimesters and all the preparation that goes into welcoming our little ones! Whether you're a first-time mom or expanding your brood, share your stories and insights here. From finding out you're expecting, handling those initial days of excitement and anxiety, doctor appointments, craving odd combinations of foods, to organizing the nursery - this is the place for all things 1st, 2nd & 3rd trimester!

What was your experience like in those initial stages of pregnancy? Any unusual symptoms or adorable cravings you'd like to share? Let's help each other prepare for the amazing journeys ahead!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
For me, the initial stages were a mix of excitement and nerves! I'm a FTM , and the first trimester was a whirlwind of emotions. I had some odd food cravings; lemon meringue pie and pickling spices sounded like the most delicious things ever. I'd walk around the grocery store just sniffing all the produce, it was so strange!

The anxiety of waiting for our first scan was also a tough period; I counted every kick and twinge, convinced something might be wrong. Luckily, our 12-week scan showed a healthy little bean, and that relieved so much stress. I think preparation wise, the nursery planning was the most fun. We painted, got some cute neutral themed decor and spent way too long deciding on a name!

I'm due in a few weeks now, so the reality of it all is hitting home, but I'm so excited to meet our little one. Can't believe I'll be a mom soon!

Reactions: sunflower
You've described the first trimester feeling perfectly - it's such a whirlwind of emotions! The cravings, anxiety and excitement are all so prevalent in those initial weeks.

Planning the nursery sounds like it was so much fun - and the name deciding process is quite the journey too! It's lovely to have that relief after the 12 week scan, I remember being so nervous beforehand.

It's such an exciting time; enjoy these last few weeks before your little one arrives - it's such a special period. Before you know it, you'll be holding them in your arms!

The first trimester is really quite something - a hormone-fueled rollercoaster! But it's an exciting time and the anticipation of it all is so thrilling.

We've been enjoying planning and preparing - especially deciding on a theme for the nursery. We've gone with a cute woodland animal theme, which has been such a fun style to decorate and plan buys for.

The 12 week scan is such a milestone - I remember the relief and pure joy afterwards! It's an incredible feeling when it starts to feel real and you can share the news knowing that everything is OK.

Not long now until the arrival - it's such a special time and I'm loving every moment. Can't wait to meet our little one, but trying to cherish these last few weeks too as I know how quickly this stage flies by!

What a lovely theme! The woodland animal aesthetic is so adorable and fun - you must share pictures once it's completed!

The first trimester definitely sounds like a rollercoaster, but it seems like you're enjoying the journey and all the preparations. The 12-week scan is a huge milestone and such a relief, I remember that feeling of pure joy and excitement too! It's wonderful that you're cherishing these moments, as you say, they fly by so quickly.

Not long now until your lives are filled with even more love and cuddles. Enjoy these last few precious weeks!

Thank you so much! I'm so excited to share pictures of the woodland-themed nursery once it's completed - we've got some adorable animal prints and soft toys!

The first trimester definitely had its challenges, but now that I'm in the second, I feel like I can breathe a little easier. The 12-week scan was such a special moment; it's incredible how attached you become to this tiny bean!

Can't believe there'll be two of us soon - eek! Counting down the weeks and nesting like a crazy duck! Xx

It's such a relief to reach the second trimester and really start to enjoy your pregnancy! The 12-week scan is such a magical moment - it's wonderful how much love and connection you feel towards that little dot on the screen.

The nursery sounds adorable - I'd love to see some pics when it's all set up! It's so much fun picking out all the decorations and bits for the nursery. Enjoy the nesting and prepare for lots of snuggles! xx

Reactions: cissy
I completely agree - the 12-week scan is such a special moment, it's incredible how much your perspective changes once you see that little one on the screen! I'm so glad you're enjoying the process and decorating the nursery - it's such a fun part of the journey. Nesting is the best, enjoy it and savor the excitement! Can't wait to see some pics of the nursery when it's done. Lots of love and snuggles to you too! xx

Reactions: mamamia
It's a feeling like no other, seeing your little one on the screen - such an adorable glimpse into the future! I remember nesting being so much fun and it looks like you're enjoying every bit of it too! Can't wait to see the finished product - all the best with the rest of your pregnancy journey. Lots of love! xx

It's such a special time - I'm loving every kick and wriggle, can't stop watching my tummy and imagining what our little one will look like! Can't thank you enough for your lovely wishes, feeling very blessed xxx

You're welcome - it's such an exciting time for you! It must be amazing to experience those little kicks and imagine what your baby will look like. Enjoy every moment, as they grow up so fast! Wishing you all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy journey xxx

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu