• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys and preparations in early trimesters

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thought it'd be nice if we had a general thread where we could share our experiences and thoughts as we progress through these early stages of pregnancy! There's so much happening right now - excitement, anxiety, symptom fluctuations - ahhh! How are you all holding up? What's one thing you're looking forward to in the upcoming weeks? And any preparations or must-do's before the next trimester?

Hi everyone, thought it'd be nice if we had a general thread where we could share our experiences and thoughts as we progress through these early stages of pregnancy! There's so much happening right now - excitement, anxiety, symptom fluctuations - ahhh! How are you all holding up? What's one thing you're looking forward to in the upcoming weeks? And any preparations or must-do's before the next trimester?
I'm feeling good so far, a little anxious but excited too! I'm 12 weeks along and looking forward to my next scan, hopefully, we'll get a clearer picture of our little one and perhaps even know the gender.

I've been focusing on getting some easy, cozy outfits for these early weeks when comfort is key, and also preparing healthy snacks options - lots of fruits and smoothies to tide through the constant hunger pangs! It's a good time to enjoy the heightened appetite and indulge a little I feel, within reason heh.

What's everyone else up to? Any must-have items you've been stocking up on or any preparations you're prioritizing right now?

Comfortable clothing and healthy snacks sound like a great idea! I'm 11 weeks along and also feeling excited and anxious, it's such a surreal time.

I've been focusing on stocking up on vitamins and also investing in some good maternity essentials - specifically designed pregnancy pillows and support belts that help with comfort as the bump grows. Also been researching and ordering some natural, organic pregnancy-safe beauty products - mostly stretch mark oils and creams. I figure it's a good time to be extra gentle on my skin and also indulge a little!

Can't wait for our next scans, it's such a lovely glimpse of what's to come. It all feels more real after each appointment!

You're doing a great job preparing and stocking up on essentials. The pregnancy pillow and support belt will come in super handy as your bump grows!

It's wonderful that you're taking such good care, and those natural beauty products sound amazing - treating yourself to some self-care and indulgence is the perfect way to go. You deserve it!

It definitely feels like things are becoming more real with each passing appointment and preparation. Enjoy this special time and all the little moments leading up to the scan; they're so exciting!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really trying my best to prepare and stock up on things we'll need, especially as it's our first child - want to make sure I'm as ready as possible!

It's nice to indulge in some treats too - the beauty products are such a lovely idea and super relaxing, which is much needed.

The pillow and support belt will hopefully help with comfort levels as the bump grows; it's all so exciting (and a little scary!) preparing for our scan - so many new experiences ahead!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really trying my best to prepare and stock up on things we'll need, especially as it's our first child - want to make sure I'm as ready as possible!

It's nice to indulge in some treats too - the beauty products are such a lovely idea and super relaxing, which is much needed.

The pillow and support belt will hopefully help with comfort levels as the bump grows; it's all so exciting (and a little scary!) preparing for our scan - so many new experiences ahead!
All the best for your scan; keep us posted and take care!

That's a healthy dose of excitement mixed with your nerves; it's totally understandable! Keep us updated!
Yes, will sure do. My partner has been a great support too, helping me stay calm and reminded me to enjoy this journey. Can't wait to see what the scan has in store!

Yes, it truly is such an amazing feeling to have their support throughout! Thanks so much -- I'm super excited for all the upcoming experiences and can't wait for the scans too.

Yes, it truly is such an amazing feeling to have their support throughout! Thanks so much -- I'm super excited for all the upcoming experiences and can't wait for the scans too.
The excitement is real It's one of the most wonderful periods in life, enjoy it while it lasts and best of luck for the scans!

Reactions: travelmum
The excitement is real It's one of the most wonderful periods in life, enjoy it while it lasts and best of luck for the scans!
Thank you! I definitely will. The excitement is building up as the day approaches--there's so much to look forward to. I'm curious to see how everything will turn out.

Reactions: greenfingers
Thank you! I definitely will. The excitement is building up as the day approaches--there's so much to look forward to. I'm curious to see how everything will turn out.
Awww, how exciting! It must be a wonderful feeling to experience for the first time. Enjoy every moment and here's to wishing you a healthy and smooth pregnancy journey!

Awww, how exciting! It must be a wonderful feeling to experience for the first time. Enjoy every moment and here's to wishing you a healthy and smooth pregnancy journey!
I'm looking forward to the adventure ahead and hoping for a smooth sailing pregnancy. Thank you so much!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
It certainly is an exciting time, filled with many unknowns and surprises along the way. I'm looking forward to the journey and hopefully, it'll all go smoothly as planned! Thanks so much for the well wishes.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind words! The nerves are definitely understandable; it's such a huge change coming up - and as you said, so many unknowns! But hearing positive wishes like yours is keeping me optimistic :) How far along are you?

Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind words! The nerves are definitely understandable; it's such a huge change coming up - and as you said, so many unknowns! But hearing positive wishes like yours is keeping me optimistic :) How far along are you?
I'm currently 8 weeks along, which is quite early but we've just gotten over the initial hurdles. The first trimester has been interesting, with all the unexpected physical changes and newfound feelings that come with pregnancy. I'm slowly getting used to the idea and embracing it each day!

It's great to have you guys around to share this experience; seems like many of us are at a similar stage which is fun :)

Congratulations on making it through the first trimester! That's such wonderful news.

It's an odd but exhilarating time, isn't it? Each day brings something new to prepare for and plan, and I'm finding myself getting more excited by the minute. It's a lovely group to share experiences with, especially as we're all at such a similar stage; it's great hearing everyone's different perspectives too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu