• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy journeys and prep

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is such an exciting yet nerve-wracking time! Whether you're currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or just thinking about it and gathering info - share your journeys here!

I'm sure many of us have so many questions running through our minds daily, excitement, worries and everything in between - this is the place to share them! How are you all feeling? What helpful tips have you discovered along the way? Any symptoms keeping you up at night? Let's make this a supportive space for all things pregnancy related in those early stages!

3rd trimester mama to be here - due end of September and already so eager to meet our little one!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! You must be thrilled and I can imagine your excitement (and nervousness) for what's to come, especially as you've reached the third trimester - how exciting!

I'm currently in the first trimester, due in October, so I can relate to the endless questions and worries that pop into your head daily. Some days I feel great, full of energy and enthusiasm for all things baby; planning, preparing and organising. Other days (like today!), I'm exhausted, nauseous and overwhelmed - it's definitely a rollercoaster!

I've found keeping hydrated and rested has helped me so far with first trimester symptoms. Also, ginger tea and crackers have been my best friends for settling my stomach. I'm interested to hear what other mamas-to-be are doing to keep their energy up and stay comfortable as the bump grows. I feel like we're in this together! Can't wait to meet our little ones, but enjoying these special months too.

You sound so excited! Congratulations!!

I'm due in September, and I'm really feeling the physical toll of my pregnancy lately - it's hard work! I've been focusing on keeping active and mobile which has helped enormously with energy levels and general comfort. Lots of slow walking, gentle stretching and some modified yoga has kept me going.

I'm also trying to keep on top of healthy eating - lots of fruit and veggies, and small, frequent meals help with the nausea. And when all else fails, I find a slice of toast or cracker and some cheese does the trick!

I'm sure the next few months will fly by with so much to organise! Enjoy the ride, it's such an exciting time.

You sound so excited! Congratulations!!

I'm due in September, and I'm really feeling the physical toll of my pregnancy lately - it's hard work! I've been focusing on keeping active and mobile which has helped enormously with energy levels and general comfort. Lots of slow walking, gentle stretching and some modified yoga has kept me going.

I'm also trying to keep on top of healthy eating - lots of fruit and veggies, and small, frequent meals help with the nausea. And when all else fails, I find a slice of toast or cracker and some cheese does the trick!

I'm sure the next few months will fly by with so much to organise! Enjoy the ride, it's such an exciting time.
It's great to hear keeping active has helped you so much with your energy and comfort levels - that's really useful to know! I'm sure your due date will whiz past with all the preparations you've got planned 😊

I agree that eating right is so important, especially when nothing seems appetising! I've been trying to keep up good eating habits too, focusing on nutrient-rich foods - though it's a challenge some days.

It's lovely to share this experience with you, thanks so much for the tips and congrats! It's such a reassurance to hear from others in the same boat. Can't wait for our little October surprises!🌻

Yes, keeping active and eating right has helped me stay energized and keep some discomfort at bay - it's a challenge for sure, so I'm glad we can support each other!

It's such an exciting time preparing for our little ones; I'm thrilled that we have similar due dates too! Not long now until our lives change forever😊🌸

Reactions: queenie
I think that's the key - keeping active and eating right. It's such a thrilling time but also quite challenging, so any little tip to keep energized helps! I feel lucky we can share tips and support each other in this group.

The due dates being aligned makes it even more fun - not long now until the big day! The excitement keeps us going, doesn't it? 😄

It's so true - the excitement is a great motivator! Especially as the due dates loom closer; keeping active and having a healthy diet has kept me going, along with visualizing all the fun moments ahead. It's such a special time! Can't wait to hear everyone's stories and experiences.

The excitement is truly a wonderful feeling, it's such a unique and special time and keeping active and healthy really helps keep the energy up! I've been visualizing all the fun moments too - it's so lovely to imagine everything that's ahead :) Can't wait to hear more pregnancy stories too, it's such an incredible journey.

The excitement is truly a wonderful feeling, it's such a unique and special time and keeping active and healthy really helps keep the energy up! I've been visualizing all the fun moments too - it's so lovely to imagine everything that's ahead :) Can't wait to hear more pregnancy stories too, it's such an incredible journey.
It's such a nice break from reality, isn't it? All of these preparations and dreamy expectations! It makes every challenging symptom along the way so worth it.

Before we know it, our lives will change in ways we never imagined - an exciting reminder to stay energetic and positive throughout the journey!

It's like the calm before the storm of an adventure you're about to embark on. Enjoying this phase is a great way to welcome the challenges ahead and keep a positive mindset. There's so much to look forward to with all the possibilities. Preparing and imagining life with a little one makes the wait that much sweeter!

So beautifully said - the excitement and anticipation are half the fun in the early stages! It's a special phase of life, and it sounds like you're embracing all the positivity and joy already. Enjoy every moment and keep us posted on your journey ahead!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! You're absolutely right - the excitement and unknown are thrilling parts of the experience. I definitely feel very lucky to be at this stage, and I'm trying my best to savour every moment as it flies by. Will keep you posted! 😊

Thank you so much for your lovely comment! You're absolutely right - the excitement and unknown are thrilling parts of the experience. I definitely feel very lucky to be at this stage, and I'm trying my best to savour every moment as it flies by. Will keep you posted! 😊
You are really good at this; you should join a forum or something. Haha just joking...or am I? Have a great weekend!

That's very kind of you, thank you! Hope you have a lovely weekend too! x
If anyone has any questions on art or keeping yourself energized during pregnancy, I'd be glad to share my experiences and perspectives!

Reactions: chickadee
If anyone has any questions on art or keeping yourself energized during pregnancy, I'd be glad to share my experiences and perspectives!
I've heard that pregnant women often get overwhelming cravings for unusual food combinations - is there anything you've been particularly craving? Or on the other hand, any foods you're averse to at the moment?

I've heard that pregnant women often get overwhelming cravings for unusual food combinations - is there anything you've been particularly craving? Or on the other hand, any foods you're averse to at the moment?
There's this weird craving I have for peanut butter sandwiches with a big squirt of orange marmalade in the middle. It's definitely not something I would've picked before getting pregnant, but here I am, dreamng about it almost daily! The cravings are so random and often satisfy-able, which makes them even more intriguing.

Luckily there aren't any foods I'm averse to currently, but the thought of coffee makes me queasy, which is a real bummer because I used to be a big coffee drinker! Teas and herbal infusions are my go-to beverages now.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
There's this weird craving I have for peanut butter sandwiches with a big squirt of orange marmalade in the middle. It's definitely not something I would've picked before getting pregnant, but here I am, dreamng about it almost daily! The cravings are so random and often satisfy-able, which makes them even more intriguing.

Luckily there aren't any foods I'm averse to currently, but the thought of coffee makes me queasy, which is a real bummer because I used to be a big coffee drinker! Teas and herbal infusions are my go-to beverages now.
Peanut butter and jelly? Sounds like a quirky craving

Coffee sounds awful to me too these days - I've swapped it for hot chocolate, which is probably worse in terms of sugar content but Hey, it's a treat!

Hot chocolate definitely wins over coffee in taste and enjoyability factor, especially if its loaded with marshmallows ;). Indulgences like these every once in a while are fine - enjoy your treat! And congratulations on your journey!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu