• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This pregnancy journey is such an exciting, uncertain, and sometimes scary experience! There's so much to look forward to, but also a lot of unknowns as your body and life prepare for this new addition. This thread can be a space to share those thoughts and feelings that come up during the first three trimesters - the excitement, the anxiety, the physical symptoms, the preparation, and all the questions!

Share how far along you are, what's been happening with your pregnancy so far, and anything else you'd like to chat about with other expectant parents at this stage of the journey! I'll go first: I'm currently 14 weeks along today and finally starting to feel a bit more energetic after a rough first trimester. Anyone else in their second trimester or entering it?

• Love
Reactions: joyful and musical
This pregnancy journey is such an exciting, uncertain, and sometimes scary experience! There's so much to look forward to, but also a lot of unknowns as your body and life prepare for this new addition. This thread can be a space to share those thoughts and feelings that come up during the first three trimesters - the excitement, the anxiety, the physical symptoms, the preparation, and all the questions!

Share how far along you are, what's been happening with your pregnancy so far, and anything else you'd like to chat about with other expectant parents at this stage of the journey! I'll go first: I'm currently 14 weeks along today and finally starting to feel a bit more energetic after a rough first trimester. Anyone else in their second trimester or entering it?
Hey, that sounds like an exciting yet nerve-wracking adventure! I'm glad the worst of the first trimester is over for you and you're feeling a bit more energized.

I'm 24 weeks along today, so just entering the third trimester. Time sure flies! The past few months have been a blur of doctors' appointments, blood tests, and ultrasound scans. I've been lucky to have a fairly straightforward pregnancy so far, with only the standard morning sickness and exhaustion. But now I'm starting to feel the weight of the growing bump and the frequent need to pee. It's a reminder that the little one will be here soon!

I'm already thinking about the birth plan and hospital bag essentials. I'm also wondering how my toddler will react to a new family member. It's exciting but scary too - will he welcome his little brother or sister warmly, or be jealous and clingsy?

Does anyone else have any unique concerns or excitement they'd like to share?

I'm 19 weeks along and into my second trimester, feeling relatively energetic and excited as the baby bump starts to show! The past few months have been a blur of doctors' appointments and trying to absorb all the information and physical changes. This stage is definitely a rollercoaster, agreed, with many questions and decisions to make. I've been fortunate to not experience any severe symptoms; the nausea has subsided, and I'm embracing the newfound energy! It's an exciting time.

I'm into my second trimester at 15 weeks now, and slowly coming to terms with the whole 'being pregnant' thing. This stage is so confusing; one moment I'm super excited, and the next, I'm freaking out thinking about how my life is gonna change. The physical changes are real too; I've been dealing with constant heartburn and backache recently. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I'm 28 weeks along, in my third trimester. Time flies; feels like just yesterday when I was vomiting non-stop during the first trimester. There's never a dull moment for sure, but the excitement of meeting my little one outweighs everything.

I'm almost 16 weeks now, and the exhaustion from the first trimester is finally lifting! The past few weeks have been a blur of nausea, fatigue, and mood swings, but I'm slowly feeling human again. My husband has been incredibly supportive, taking over most cooking and cleaning duties, which has been a huge help. I can't help but wonder how our lives will change with our little one arrive early next year. This is such an exciting time! But yes, so many unknowns and what-ifs; it's comforting to know that we're all in this together.

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow. My gyne said that I'm now in the safe zone to come out of danger, but this pregnancy has been so different from my previous one; it's hard not to be anxious. The fear of the unknown and possibility of miscarriage still looms. This baby feels very real after seeing it moving actively during the scan.

Same here! I'm entering my second trimester at 15 weeks, feeling relieved that the exhausting first trimester is over. The nausea and exhaustion were debilitating, but now that they're lifting, there's room for excitement as the bump grows. This stage of pregnancy certainly keeps you on your toes emotionally and physically!

I'm also entering my second trimester, which feels like a big milestone. The past few weeks have been such a blur of doctors appointments, blood tests, and ultrasounds - not to mention the constant exhaustion and strange food cravings! But now that I've hit week 14, the initial unpredictability of first-trimester symptoms seem to be easing up. It's a huge relief coupled with a weird sense of anxiety as I realize life is about to change dramatically. I find myself daydreaming about the future a lot - imagining life once the little one arrives and trying to prepare for the many ways our lives will adapt and shift.

Does anyone else feel like no matter how much you prepare or read up on pregnancy, there's still so much that can only be experienced and learned firsthand? This is such an profound journey, and I cannot help but feel a sense of wonder and excitement about all the unknowns ahead.

I'm entering my second trimester too! Week 15 has been kind with minimal nausea, and I've had a couple of good days without any tiredness. But yes, the first three months were tough; exhaustion and constant nausea weren't fun at all. Finally, I can enjoy eating again without feeling sick!

Same as you, this energy boost in the second trimester is a welcome relief after a sluggish and nauseous first three months. I'm almost 15 weeks now, and while some days are still better than others, the worst seems behind me. There's an app called "Pregnancy++" that's helping me track my week-by-week progress which I recommend. Seeing the little diagram of the developing embryo/fetus on it is fascinating! Also, my sense of smell has heightened, and certain smells trigger nausea immediately - yuck. Does anyone else have any apps they find useful for this stage of pregnancy?

I've also started craving unusual food combinations - anyone else experiencing this? I wonder if our bodies are trying to tell us something that we need in our diet.

I am also entering my second trimester, which feels like a huge milestone! The past few weeks have been such a blur of exhaustion, nausea, and emotion. I'm finally able to eat a bit more and enjoy some mealtimes without feeling too sick, which is a relief as I now have some energy to prepare for the days ahead. It's a exciting phase seeing as how our bodies are changing and preparing to meet our little ones!

I'm 20 weeks along and feeling kicking movements which is a reassuring yet weird sensation for a newbie mom-to-be. It's a whole new world of experiences and I can't wait to see my Bump grow larger (and hopefully not too large); curious about the gender too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu