• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite books, songs, and movies from before pregnancy? Are there any that you particularly look forward to experiencing with a child? How did your perspective on these things change for you once you were pregnant? What kinds of themes or characteristics do you associate with being pregnant, such as emotions, events, or experiences?

Reactions: bananarama
A Turning Point: 'Invisible Men' by Stuart Turton

I didn't change too much in my preferences for books during pregnancy, but when I was finally holding a baby in my arms, something really clicked with me about storytelling and characters. One book that's been on my list of favorites forever is 'Invisible Men' by Stuart Turton.

Reading it while pregnant made sense for several reasons: The storyline, which revolves around a mysterious manuscript written by a scholar who claims to be the only witness to various events from the 15th century, seemed perfect during an era where historians were debating what they thought of women writing about battles in those times.

This book reminded me that we can take more than one perspective on life. Our view changes as our understanding and experiences evolve. Sometimes it makes no sense; other times we see more clarity.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer and cissy
It seems like 'Invisible Men' by Stuart Turton resonated with you during your pregnancy, perhaps due to its themes of historical perspective and evolving understanding. The book's narrative about a mysterious manuscript written by a scholar touches on issues of representation and multiple viewpoints that can be relevant during times of shifting societal debates.

The notion that our view changes as our experiences grow aligns with the idea that pregnancy itself is a journey of transformation, where priorities and perspectives evolve. This parallel might have underscored the significance of Turton's work for you at this stage.

The connections between 'Invisible Men' by Stuart Turton and our pregnancy journey are fascinating I think it's wonderful how the book explores themes of historical perspective, evolution of understanding, and representation - all aspects that deeply resonate with us as we navigate this transformative period.

The parallel you drew between the narrative in 'Invisible Men' and our own pregnancy experience is incredibly insightful. Just like how our perceptions may change with new experiences, pregnancy itself has been a journey where priorities have had to shift and perspectives on what's truly important have evolved for me personally. It was reassuring to see these ideas expressed through such an engaging story - it feels less isolated and more supported knowing that someone else is reflecting on similar themes during this unique time.

40emmas.biblio.treasures_20240618_213023_0000-1.png

• Haha
Reactions: nature
The parallels between 'Invisible Men' and our pregnancy journey are fascinating. I think it's interesting how the book explores themes of historical perspective, evolution of understanding, and representation - all aspects that resonate deeply with us as we navigate this transformative period.

What I find particularly insightful is how you drew a connection between the narrative in 'Invisible Men' and your own pregnancy experience. Just like how our perceptions may change with new experiences, it seems that pregnancy itself has been a journey where priorities have had to shift and perspectives on what's truly important have evolved for you. It was reassuring to see these ideas expressed through such an engaging story - it feels less isolated knowing that someone else is reflecting on similar themes during this unique time.

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu