• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, sharing our experiences and supporting one another through this pregnancy journey would be amazing! I'm really looking forward to hearing your stories and connecting with you all during this exciting (and maybe a little scary!) time. Let's get started!

1st trimester: Week 1 - 12 / Symptoms:
- exhaustion: I feel like I could nap all day every day, even when getting ample sleep at night.
- tender/swollen breasts and nipples
- frequent urination and constipation
- mood swings, hormones are wild!
- mild cramping

2nd trimester: Week 13 - 26 / Symptoms:
- the exhaustion lifts, yay! I have so much more energy than the first trimester!
- increased appetite, especially craving fruits and smoothies
- my growing bump is getting noticeable, it's so exciting! (But also sometimes difficult to sleep at night)
- baby kicks start around week 16, they're so adorable!!

What have your experiences been like so far? What symptoms did you encounter in your first and second trimesters? Any funny cravings or weird symptoms that surprised you? I love hearing all the stories!

Reactions: doctormama
The first trimester was a blur of exhaustion and nausea. I slept whenever and wherever I could, which was luckily at night since the baby seemed to know that was naptime!

Breast tenderness was so intense; I remember wearing baggy shirts to try and hide it because the sensitivity was overwhelming. Frequent urination had me running to the bathroom every hour, sometimes more frequently than that!

The second trimester brought some relief from the exhaustion, but my appetite grew significantly, and I started eating like a teenage boy. I'd eat a large meal and an hour later feel hungry again.

My cravings were mostly savory—chips and guacamole, cheese and crackers, and pickle spears with ice cream were my go-to snacks. The baby's kicks became more prominent, which was a weird but awesome feeling.

I also experienced some strange symptoms like heartburn and hiccups, which I wasn't expecting. The hiccups would sometimes wake me up at night and were so unexpected!

It's such a wild ride, this pregnancy journey. Now that the bump is growing, it's becoming more real every day. Can't wait to hear more of your stories!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
The third trimester brought on a whole new set of challenges! The obvious growing bump led to physical discomfort and frequent trips to the physiotherapist, as recommended by my OB. The kicking got stronger and more pronounced; some kicks felt like a full body stretch!

I started to get really bad heartburn and indigestion, which was so uncomfortable, especially at night. I found myself propping up my upper body with extra pillows, which helped ease the burning sensation.

And of course, there was the added challenge of trying to pack for the hospital and prepare the nursery, despite feeling huge and sluggish!

It's such an exciting time though; nesting instincts kicked in, and I just wanted everything to be perfect for our little one's arrival. That anticipation and excitement truly made up for all the discomforts and more!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
The third trimester challenges are so real! I remember the physical discomfort and the frequent body stretches that felt like a workout on their own!

I also experienced terrible heartburn and indigestion, it was so annoying especially when it kept me up at night. I found some relief by using plenty of pillows for support too, although it was a mission to keep rearranging them every few hours.

The nesting instincts are such an interesting phenomenon, they really kick in hard! Preparing for the little one's arrival and having everything perfect is such an exciting time despite the discomforts. It's all worth it in the end!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
The struggle is real, but yes, it's all worth it! The comfort issues are so varied; I feel like you need a whole new dictionary of body aches and pains during pregnancy!

I remember the heartburn and indigestion issues too, such a nasty feeling especially when you're desperately trying to get some rest. Pillows become your best friend - though by the end of the night they're all on the floor! Haha.

The baby bubble is so fun; preparing and nesting are such an exciting time - every little outfit and item for the nursery is adorable. Enjoy it all, despite the challenges; it's such a special journey.

The joy of preparing and nesting makes the discomfort worthwhile! It's like a wonderful dream curating this tiny human's wardrobe and setting up their space. You're right about the body aches and pains dictionary - there should be an app for that!

The heartburn and indigestion are no fun, but luckily there's plenty of adorable baby snuggles ahead to make it all fade quickly. I feel like the pillows on the floor situation was my life for the last trimester - and now it's become a game of finding them in the nightstand drawers every evening!

It's such a special time indeed.

It's such a fun phase, enjoying the preparation and all the possibilities! The aches and pains are real, but they do make the end goal so much more worthwhile. And yes, the nesting instinct is such a lovely feeling - curating the wardrobe and having all those tiny clothes is so exciting!

The first few weeks after birth in a blur, and then it's so fun to really see the baby's personality come out. You're right about the pillows - I feel like I'm constantly re-arranging mine at night too, ha! Such a special time and definitely worth every second.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
It's such a wonderful time Curating those tiny little outfits and preparing the nursery is such a fun experience as you get ready to welcome your little one.

You're so right about the first few weeks - a blur of excitement, exhaustion, and wonder at this new little person! And it's incredible how distinct their personalities are even from those early days.

The aches and pains are definitely forgotten once you see your little bundle and the special moments that follow make it all so worthwhile. Enjoy every moment and congrats on your exciting journey! x

The excitement never ends, does it? Curating their wardrobe and decorating the nursery is almost as fun as watching them grow and develop - their personalities are just incredible. You're so right!

It's a wonderful blur of excitement, wonder and love. The hard bits fade so quickly from memory - which is lucky given the sleep deprivation!

Congratulations on your journey too! x

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: musical and lioness
It's so true - the excitement really doesn't end and watching them grow is so fascinating! The hard times are soon forgotten, especially with each stage bringing something new and exciting. Can't wait to decorate the nursery - thanks for the congrats, hope all is going well for you too! x

I'm really enjoying watching my belly grow every day and feeling those little kicks and movements - it's such an amazing experience! Can't wait to hold the little one in my arms, but also nervous about the responsibility ahead! It's a wild ride for sure, and I can't wait to see what the next stages have in store. Enjoying every moment too - the nursery decorating will be so much fun! Congrats again xx

• Love
Reactions: musical
You sound so excited and happy, it's lovely to hear! I agree, it's an incredible feeling to experience all the changes and watch your bump grow - it's such a unique journey. The nervousness is totally normal, but it's a wonderful reminder of the enormous love you have for them already. Decorating the nursery is going to be so much fun; it's a great way to get prepared and feel ready for their arrival. I'm sure you'll enjoy every moment of it. Enjoy this special time and congratulations on your journey! x

Thank you so much for your kind reply! I am beyond excited, and I can't wait to decorate the nursery - it's such a special part of preparing for their arrival. The nervousness comes and goes, but I'm trying to enjoy every emotion as it's all part of this incredible journey. Congratulations on your journey too! It's lovely to share this experience with others x

It's such a fun and special time - enjoy decorating the nursery and all the excitement! I agree, it's lovely to share experiences like these and have people to relate to at this special time :) Congrats to you too! x

It really is an exciting time - all the preparation and nesting instincts kicked in! I'm so glad you're enjoying it too and it's lovely to share the experience with others going through similar journeys, it makes it all the more special :) Congrats again! xx

It's so true - this group has been such a wonderful support and it's great hearing everyone's different experiences and milestones. It really is an exciting time can't wait to meet our little one! Congrats again lovely xx

Reactions: luciana
It's so heartwarming to hear how supportive this group has been for you, and I couldn't agree more about how exciting it is to hear everyone's different milestones and experiences! It really makes pregnancy journey so special and unique. Congratulations to you too - can't wait for your little one's arrival!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu