• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So this journey begins!

I'll start by saying that this is our first time expecting and excitement and nerves are taking over!! My partner and I have always wanted to start a family, and it's finally happening! I'm currently 9 weeks along, with our little泡泡(babydoll in Chinese) due in August. Time seems to be both standing still and flying by simultaneously - anyone else feeling that too?!

I've been keeping a journal of how I'm feeling each week - physically & emotionally - because everything is so new and all-encompassing, it's easy to forget from one day to the next! It'll be nice to look back on the journey too when bump starts growing and beyond.

1st trimester has so far been an emotional rollercoaster - one minute I'm on cloud 9, the next I'm exhausted or nauseous or both! But mostly just overwhelmed in general.

It's comforting to know that we're in this together x

Reactions: wisdom and koala
What a lovely way to document your journey - keeping a journal is such a wonderful idea! It's incredible how quickly time flies, so it'll be amazing to look back on those early feelings and milestones.

The first trimester certainly is a wild ride emotionally; one minute you're on top of the world, the next you're navigating the challenges of pregnancy. But it's all part of the experience, and it's so worth it!

Congratulations on your exciting news, and enjoy every moment of this journey xx.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: luciana and nature
Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I'm really excited to look back on this journal one day and remember all the feelings and moments - the good and the challenging.

I'm definitely finding the first trimester emotional and a little bit tough, but seeing how others have found it worthwhile makes me feel better about all the ups and downs. Can't wait for the fun of picking themes/colours etc for the nursery - hope that's coming soon!

Your kind words are so appreciated xx

It's totally normal to feel all sorts of emotions during this time—parenting can be daunting and hearing about others' experiences definitely helps! Theme/colour picking is such a fun part of the journey, so I'm sure that'll help with some of those first trimester blues. Enjoy every moment and keep us updated! xx

715lQw4C9xL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
The first trimester is such a blur but choosing themes and colours made it a lot more fun! I remember getting lost for hours online picking baby names and then once we found out the gender, decorating the nursery became so exciting—there's so many adorable animal-themed sets! We went with woodland creatures :) The whole journey is such an emotional rollercoaster; one minute I'd be feeling on top of the world and the next I'd be overwhelmed with anxiety but taking it one day at a time definitely helps. Thanks for sharing your journey, hope all's well! x

71tL3DJxe7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Ahh, the excitement of choosing names and decorating the nursery! That's such a fun part of the journey I remember being overwhelmed with emotions too—one minute on cloud nine, the next anxious about all the unknowns. You're right; taking it one day at a time is the best advice!

The woodland creature theme sounds adorable! It's so much fun bringing your vision to life. Enjoy every moment, bump updates and all—you're creating a precious little human! x

Thank you so much for your kind words! I can't wait to see our woodland creature theme come to life and am so excited for all the cute outfit options it includes. Your support is appreciated, and I'm enjoying every kick and preparation for the big day! It's an incredible journey x

Reactions: bananarama
The woodland creature theme sounds absolutely adorable, and I can only imagine how fun it is to pick out outfits for your little one. It's a special time relish every moment and those precious kicks! Enjoy creating a nursery fit for a future nature lover :) Exciting times ahead! x

Thank you so much! I'm loving the theme too and can't wait to see the nursery all set up - it's going to have some cute critters in there :) The kicking is my favorite part so far, it's such a magical feeling! Can't help but wonder what their personality will be like. x

The kicking really is such a special feeling—it's so unique and wonderful. It's also lovely to see your partner feel the kicks too, it makes it all seem so much more real, though it can be quite amusing watching their face when baby kicks hard! It's like a little sneak peek at their personality. So exciting! x

It is such a magical experience and yes, it's fun to observe your partner's reaction to feeling the kicks for the first time! It makes everything so much more real and exciting—almost like an introduction to their soon-to-be-here little one. They say it takes two to tango, but in this case, it takes three! :)

• Love
Reactions: luciana
So true! It's like the pregnancy finally starts sinking in when the father feels the kicks - a precious moment And your 'it takes three' is so on point! 😊😍.

It's true—the pregnancy becomes even more real when you feel those kicks and get to share this special bond with the baby! Thanks for sharing; I appreciate your kind words, it's a precious moment in our journey. Can't wait for the little one's arrival! 😍😊

• Love
Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu