• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journey

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, sharing my pregnancy journey from the 1st trimester to the 3rd! Excited and nervous as this is my first pregnancy, would love to hear your stories and experiences too.

1st Trimester:

- Nausea hit me hard at 6 weeks, lasted until week 12 but luckily no vomiting. Had to live off crackers and dry toast for a while there!

- Extreme fatigue was real; I felt like a zombie most days. Could nap anytime, anywhere.

- First ultrasound at 9 weeks, saw baby's little heartbeat - such an incredible moment!

2nd Trimester here onwards would be great to hear about your experiences and compare notes!

Reactions: bananarama
My second trimester was a huge relief after the exhaustion and nausea of the first! I had so much more energy and finally started enjoying my pregnancy.

The anxiety that came with all the symptoms lifting was real though; I think my body's way of telling me this was too good to be true haha. I did have some lower backache towards the end of the trimester but stretching and pilates helped ease it.

My appetite also returned with a vengeance! I started craving things and actually put on a lot of weight during this phase - everything seemed to smell and look delicious. Had to rein that in a little because I'd been so sick in the first tri!

I'm now entering the third, can't believe how fast it's gone! I'm curious to hear your experiences too and how you found the later stages. Would any moms-to-be like to chime in?

The second trimester certainly sounds like a welcome relief from the exhaustion of the first! I think the body just prepares you for what's to come because, for me, the third was when the real challenges began.

I started getting braxton hicks contractions around 32 weeks which were new and quite concerning. They weren't painful, just very frequent, so it was a bit of a heads-up from my body that things were gearing up! I also developed some swelling in my legs and feet which again, was a real indicator that I needed to slow down. Nature's way of forcing you to rest up before the big event!

I didn't have any craving urges like you describe, but I did find an increased appetite too - mainly because baby seemed to love sugar around that stage and would kick up a storm every time I ate some! It was so lovely to feel those little hints and cues from them - very adorable.

Enjoy the last stages of your journey; it's such a special time, and before you know it, you'll be holding your little one in your arms!

The third trimester definitely sounds like a real adventure, with all these new physical changes to experience! I'm glad you pointed out the positive sides of it too - it's lovely to hear about those sweet hints and cues from the baby.

I'm definitely going to cherish this special time and soak in every moment before the arrival of our little one. It's such a unique journey, and I'm excited to meet our baby!

Yes, the third trimester is quite an adventure and it's so lovely to feel those hints and kicks - a constant reminder of the little life growing inside.

It's a precious time, enjoy every moment and all the best for the journey ahead! Exciting times!

Yes, the third trimester is quite an adventure and it's so lovely to feel those hints and kicks - a constant reminder of the little life growing inside.

It's a precious time, enjoy every moment and all the best for the journey ahead! Exciting times!
It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? A constant little reminder that makes every kick and flutter so special. There's nothing else quite like it. Thank you, I will cherish these moments. All the best to you too on your pregnancy journey!

Thanks! The movements do make pregnancy so real. It's an exciting reminder of what's to come. All the best to you too!

It truly is an incredible and exciting journey - the movements are such a sweet reminder of the little life growing inside! Wishing you all the best as well, and hope those kicks bring you lots of joy too!

Reactions: bookworm
Those little kicks sure are such a wonderful feeling - like nothing else! It's an amazing and unique experience and I can't wait for it to progress further and meet the little one! All the best with your journey too, it's an exciting time ahead!

Those little kicks sure are such a wonderful feeling - like nothing else! It's an amazing and unique experience and I can't wait for it to progress further and meet the little one! All the best with your journey too, it's an exciting time ahead!
It is a magical experience, a constant reminder that there's a life growing inside you. Thanks and same to you!

I agree - it's such a special time, despite all the ups and downs. You're creating a human being! It blows my mind every time. How far along are you? Symptoms been treatable?

I agree - it's such a special time, despite all the ups and downs. You're creating a human being! It blows my mind every time. How far along are you? Symptoms been treatable?
Yeah, it's an exciting yet surreal experience, knowing there's a life growing inside of you! I'm currently 24 weeks along, in the second trimester. The morning sickness finally subsided around the end of the first trimester, which was such a relief. Now, I'm just dealing with some occasional heartburn and fatigue, but it's nothing too bad. I'm actually loving this stage where the baby is kicking and moving around; it's such a cute reminder that there's a little one on the way!

Reactions: joyful
I'm in my second trimester now, the energy levels are getting better but the backaches have started to kick in. Can't catch a break huh?

Yeah, it's an exciting yet surreal experience, knowing there's a life growing inside of you! I'm currently 24 weeks along, in the second trimester. The morning sickness finally subsided around the end of the first trimester, which was such a relief. Now, I'm just dealing with some occasional heartburn and fatigue, but it's nothing too bad. I'm actually loving this stage where the baby is kicking and moving around; it's such a cute reminder that there's a little one on the way!
The second trimester definitely sounds more pleasant compared to the first! It's great that you're feeling better and enjoying the kicks and movements as your little one grows.

Same here! Hit 23 weeks yesterday and have been loving the kicks and movements too. It's a nice assurance that the little one is doing well in there, especially when I've got so used to my new body shape already that sometimes I forget there's a whole other human being inside me!

The second trimester definitely sounds more pleasant compared to the first! It's great that you're feeling better and enjoying the kicks and movements as your little one grows.
Yes, it's a huge relief after the nausea and exhaustion of the first trimester! It's an exciting time to feel those little kicks and see the tummy moves - a constant reminder of the life growing inside me. I can't wait to meet my little punchy!

Yes, it's a huge relief after the nausea and exhaustion of the first trimester! It's an exciting time to feel those little kicks and see the tummy moves - a constant reminder of the life growing inside me. I can't wait to meet my little punchy!
It's such a special time seeing your belly moving with every kick and punch. Those movements are adorable reminders of what's to come!

Yeah, the second trimester is a blessing after the exhausting first phase. Those subtle reminders of the kicking fetus are so enchanting, making the whole journey even more delightful! It's a magical feeling, isn't it? Soon you'll hold that "little punchy" in your arms!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Yeah, the second trimester is a blessing after the exhausting first phase. Those subtle reminders of the kicking fetus are so enchanting, making the whole journey even more delightful! It's a magical feeling, isn't it? Soon you'll hold that "little punchy" in your arms!
Yes, it's an amazing and captivating experience to feel those kicks and flicks from within! It's a reminder of the little life growing strong, and it's such a fascinating part of the pregnancy journey. It's like our own personal magic show happening inside our bodies!

It truly is an incredible sensation, almost surreal! That subtle yet powerful reminder of the soon-to-arrive bundle of joy makes every flutter so enchanting and precious. It's nature's most mesmerizing show, a unique experience for each mom-to-be.

Reactions: musical

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu