• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Journal

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well!

I'm thrilled to begin this pregnancy journal and document this incredible journey from the first to third trimesters. I want to capture all the precious moments, milestones, and musings along the way as my body and baby change day by day - it's such a wild ride!

Today, I'm X weeks along, and this little bean is already keeping me on my toes! I'll keep a running log of symptoms, cravings, and any other tidbits that seem noteworthy.

Here's to stretching waistbands, midnight snacks, and the many blissful moments in between - wish me luck!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting - a pregnancy journal is a lovely idea to document this special time. I'm so curious to hear about the symptoms and quirks you're experiencing, it's such a unique journey each time.

I remember how different each trimester can feel; one moment you're glowing and the next you're stumbling into new aches and pains! But it's all so worth it in the end. Your little one will cherish these memories you're capturing, it's such a wonderful keepsake.

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures and this precious journey - enjoy every moment (and good luck with those midnight cravings!)

Thank you so much! I'm super excited, and a little nervous, to be documenting this journey.

It's such a wild ride already, with all these new feelings and symptoms. I've been battling some serious exhaustion, which has been an interesting challenge, but also craving all the things - especially strange combinations of foods at midnight!

I can't wait to look back on this journal and remember these moments, and hopefully my little one will enjoy reading it someday too. I appreciate your kind words and encouragement - every bit helps! Can't wait to share more as we go along :)

You've got a fun adventure ahead of you! It's such an exciting time, and documenting it will be so lovely to look back on. The exhaustion is definitely a challenge, especially with those midnight cravings - but it's such a unique experience.

It's wonderful that you're capturing all these moments; journaling will hopefully make it easier to relive the wonder and excitement as your little one grows. I remember having some wild food cravings too - some successful, and some not so much! Enjoy every moment and congratulations!

Reactions: koala
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Yes, I'm really looking forward to documenting everything; it's such a unique experience as you say, so I want to remember every moment - the good and the challenging!

Food cravings seem to be a common theme, and I can't wait to see what other quirky desires pop up along the way. It's so lovely hearing about others' experiences too, so please do share more!

Reactions: bookworm
I'm glad you're enjoying the journey and want to savour every moment - it's such a wonderful memory to look back on.

Food cravings can be so interesting, they come out of nowhere! It's often the weird combinations that are the most appealing - I craved peanut butter and pickle sandwiches! And of course, there were many other random cravings too, like ice cream with hot sauce...the list goes on! It's a fun ride, enjoying every moment is the best advice, documenting them makes it extra special.

Documenting all of these little moments and experiences is such a great idea - especially the weird food cravings! I'll definitely remember these times and cherish them because they're so unique to this stage of life. I've been keeping a journal too, it's exciting to look back on the entries already and note how much things change from week to week.

It's wonderful that you're documenting everything so vividly - future you will cherish these memories! It's also such an exciting phase and a journal is a great way to look back on all these unique experiences and how they change week by week, almost like a little time capsule! Would love to hear some of your weird cravings too.

Reactions: happyfeet
I know right! I've always loved keeping a journal, and this one is especially fun because it's so visual - I've been including things like ultrasound photos, baby clothing swatches, and little mementos from our travels during this pregnancy. It'll be such a cool keepsake!

As for cravings, they've been SO random! One day I NEEDED to have an ice cold can of soda (which I rarely drink!). The fizziness and the coldness were so satisfying...until the sugar rush wore off quickly and I was hungry again. Then there was the day I came back from the farmer's market with three pounds of strawberries - no judgement, please! And last week, I found myself craving grilled cheese sandwiches for three days straight - luckily my partner is a good sport and indulged me :)

Reactions: wellness and cissy
I know right! I've always loved keeping a journal, and this one is especially fun because it's so visual - I've been including things like ultrasound photos, baby clothing swatches, and little mementos from our travels during this pregnancy. It'll be such a cool keepsake!

As for cravings, they've been SO random! One day I NEEDED to have an ice cold can of soda (which I rarely drink!). The fizziness and the coldness were so satisfying...until the sugar rush wore off quickly and I was hungry again. Then there was the day I came back from the farmer's market with three pounds of strawberries - no judgement, please! And last week, I found myself craving grilled cheese sandwiches for three days straight - luckily my partner is a good sport and indulged me :)
It's your pregnancy; there's no judgement here! Those cravings sound relatively tame compared to some that can come out of left field! It's adorable that you're including physical mementos in your journal. Ultrasound photos are the cutest, and such a lovely way to personalize the journey. Your partner sounds supportive; grilled cheese sandwiches every day doesn't sound like a bad thing at all!

It's your pregnancy; there's no judgement here! Those cravings sound relatively tame compared to some that can come out of left field! It's adorable that you're including physical mementos in your journal. Ultrasound photos are the cutest, and such a lovely way to personalize the journey. Your partner sounds supportive; grilled cheese sandwiches every day doesn't sound like a bad thing at all!
I'm lucky to have such a helpful partner! He's been very understanding of my pregnancy moods and cravings, so I'm grateful for him cooking me all types of food and indulging my quirks. These little mementos make the journal extra special - it's fun to personalize it with physical reminders of the pregnancy journey. I can't wait to see how it'll turn out and for my little one to see it someday!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
You're lucky It's so wonderful to have a supportive partner during this special time. It sounds like your journal is going to be a cherished keepsake, filled with love and memories. Personalizing it with little reminders of your pregnancy journey is such a lovely idea - a tangible record of your experiences for your little one to explore someday.

• Love
Reactions: queenie and joyful
I'm so glad I have a supportive partner too! He has been absolutely amazing throughout my pregnancy. We've been busy decorating the nursery and picking out names together, it's such an exciting time! I can't wait to look back on this journal and show our little one all of the love that filled these pages.

Reactions: sunnybunny
That's awesome! It truly is such a special experience to have them share the excitement and help prepare for baby's arrival - it makes everything so much more fun! Your little one will love looking back at all the love and effort put into preparing their space. Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished nursery!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
That's awesome! It truly is such a special experience to have them share the excitement and help prepare for baby's arrival - it makes everything so much more fun! Your little one will love looking back at all the love and effort put into preparing their space. Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished nursery!
I'm also excited to finish setting up the nursery with all the adorable animal-themed decorations I've been picking out. The neutral cream, brown, and safari green color palette is so calming and cute! It's another exciting aspect of the pregnancy journey - preparing the home for the newest addition. I'm sure you had/have lots of fun decorating yours too!

Reactions: luciana
Oh, how fun! It's such an exciting time and a adorable theme you've chosen! I remember loving the nesting phase and enjoying all the preparations for our little one's arrival. Can't wait to see your nursery; please do share photos when it's all set up - I'm sure it will be gorgeous!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
I definitely will - I love decorating and designing spaces, so I'm having so much fun putting together a cozy little sanctuary for our new arrival. The nursery theme is a modern rustic outdoor adventure and it's coming along wonderfully! It's such a special time and I too loved that nesting phase - everything feels so real when you're preparing the nursery. Can't wait to share photos of our cozy little haven soon!

I definitely will - I love decorating and designing spaces, so I'm having so much fun putting together a cozy little sanctuary for our new arrival. The nursery theme is a modern rustic outdoor adventure and it's coming along wonderfully! It's such a special time and I too loved that nesting phase - everything feels so real when you're preparing the nursery. Can't wait to share photos of our cozy little haven soon!
It sounds like an interesting theme that you have chosen for your nursery. The excitement is tangible and I'm sure the room will turn out amazing with your eye for design! Nesting is such a sweet phase, making everything feel so real as you prepare for your little one's arrival - it's wonderful. Look forward to seeing your adorable creation soon!

That sounds adorable!! Rustic outdoor adventure is such a unique and adorable theme!! I look forward to seeing how you've executed the design! It's an exciting and memorable journey. Preparing myself for all the cuteness overwhelm when your nursery photos drop!

Can't wait to share the nursery pics - they're going to be adorable! I have been working on them to make sure all the details are perfect! There's so much excitement in preparing for this new arrival and designing their space is such a lovely part of it. So many cuddly and sweet moments ahead!

Reactions: bubblyfish

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu