• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Healthy Habits

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi all, hope you're having a healthy pregnancy!

As the title suggests, this thread is for discussing the healthy habits we can adopt during pregnancy to benefit ourselves and our little ones. Let's share our knowledge and experiences on how to keep fit, eat right and maintain a positive mindset throughout these special 9 months and beyond.

I'll go first! I've found that moderate exercise, like a daily walk or some gentle yoga, helps keep my energy levels up and puts me in a good state of mind. Also, drinking loads of water keeps things in check and prevents dehydration which is not great for us expecting mamas. Who else has some healthy hacks they love? Share away!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Hi all, hope you're having a healthy pregnancy!

As the title suggests, this thread is for discussing the healthy habits we can adopt during pregnancy to benefit ourselves and our little ones. Let's share our knowledge and experiences on how to keep fit, eat right and maintain a positive mindset throughout these special 9 months and beyond.

I'll go first! I've found that moderate exercise, like a daily walk or some gentle yoga, helps keep my energy levels up and puts me in a good state of mind. Also, drinking loads of water keeps things in check and prevents dehydration which is not great for us expecting mamas. Who else has some healthy hacks they love? Share away!
Water's an essential one, for sure! I try to up my water intake too, though it's not always easy when you're not feeling the thirst. Having tasty, healthy snacks around helps me a lot, like homemade smoothies or energy balls made with oats, nuts and dried fruits - gives me a natural sugar boost and keeps cravings at bay.

I've also been enjoying swimming as an exercise - it's so nice to feel weightless in the water, plus it helps keep my body cool which is a bonus in this Singapore heat!

Snacks are a great idea to keep cravings at bay and having tasty, healthy options like smoothies and energy balls is a good strategy!

Swimming is amazing during pregnancy - it's such a nice feeling to be weightless, and it's an excellent low-impact exercise. Plus, it's a fun way to cool off!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet and koala
Healthy snacks are so key - keeping those cravings at bay is so important for healthy eating habits during pregnancy! Swimming is a fantastic exercise that many women find very helpful, it's nice to feel weightless especially as your body changes so much. Great tips!

Feeling weightless and being able to move freely with swimming is such a wonderful feeling during pregnancy and a great way to stay active. Healthy snacks are a must to combat cravings, too - it's amazing how pregnancy amplifies hunger!

What other healthy habits or snacks have been helpful during your pregnancy? I'm curious what foods helped keep you satisfied and energized without giving into unhealthy options!

I found that eating small, frequent meals kept me satisfied and helped me avoid those intense cravings and resulting binge episodes!

Because my stomach didn't feel empty for long periods, I didn't crave unhealthy foods as much - which was great!

Keeping a supply of healthy, bite-sized snacks like veggies, fruits, and cheese cubes in the fridge was helpful. I also kept some nutritious bars and smoothies in the pantry for when I needed something substantial but easy to eat quickly.

Drinking lots of water throughout the day and staying well hydrated was another big one for me because it helped with so many pregnancy-related issues. It's amazing how something as simple as upping your water intake can make you feel so much better!

And of course, getting some regular gentle exercise like walking or swimming kept my energy levels stable and helped me sleep better too.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
I found that eating small, frequent meals kept me satisfied and helped me avoid those intense cravings and resulting binge episodes!

Because my stomach didn't feel empty for long periods, I didn't crave unhealthy foods as much - which was great!

Keeping a supply of healthy, bite-sized snacks like veggies, fruits, and cheese cubes in the fridge was helpful. I also kept some nutritious bars and smoothies in the pantry for when I needed something substantial but easy to eat quickly.

Drinking lots of water throughout the day and staying well hydrated was another big one for me because it helped with so many pregnancy-related issues. It's amazing how something as simple as upping your water intake can make you feel so much better!

And of course, getting some regular gentle exercise like walking or swimming kept my energy levels stable and helped me sleep better too.
Eating frequent small meals is a great strategy! It really helps with controlling cravings and keeping the hunger pangs at bay.

I also agree that keeping a stocked fridge full of healthy snacks is the way to go. It saves you from reaching for the easy but unhealthy options, especially when pregnancy cravings strike!

I've never been much of a water drinker, so this habit has been a challenge for me, but I'm trying to drink up because I know it's beneficial for my little one and me.

Gentle exercises like those you mentioned are a godsend for keeping energy levels stable - and hey, any exercise that helps us sleep better is a big bonus!

Great to hear these healthy habits are working well for you!

Drinking plenty of water can be a challenge, but it's a worthwhile habit to develop, and worth bearing in mind the benefits for our little ones!

Controlling cravings is so important, too - and a stocked fridge will definitely help with that. It's a good idea to prepare healthy snacks ahead of time so they're ready to go when cravings strike!

Stocking up on healthy snacks is such a great idea - it really helps to have those go-to foods prepared and readily available! I also find that having some quick, healthy meals on hand can curb any unhealthy cravings. It's so easy to reach for take-out menus when you're exhausted and hungry, but having nutritious options in the fridge or freezer takes a lot of the work out of it!

Stocking up on healthy snacks is such a great idea - it really helps to have those go-to foods prepared and readily available! I also find that having some quick, healthy meals on hand can curb any unhealthy cravings. It's so easy to reach for take-out menus when you're exhausted and hungry, but having nutritious options in the fridge or freezer takes a lot of the work out of it!
I couldn't agree more! Pregnant mamas need all the convenience they can get, especially in the latter stages, so preparing meals ahead of time and keeping them ready in the freezer is an excellent strategy. It's so true that the easier option wins when you're exhausted - having healthy meals readily available certainly helps curb the temptation to call for takeaway!

I couldn't agree more! Pregnant mamas need all the convenience they can get, especially in the latter stages, so preparing meals ahead of time and keeping them ready in the freezer is an excellent strategy. It's so true that the easier option wins when you're exhausted - having healthy meals readily available certainly helps curb the temptation to call for takeaway!
Pregnancy definitely makes you crave for the path of least resistance, especially in the later trimesters! Having to cook and prepare healthy meals is a task, so your method of preparing meals ahead of time is a wise one.

I also second the idea of having quick, healthy go-to dishes - I usually opt for boiled soup stocks, which are tasty and nutritious and only require reheating. What other simple, convenient meal preparations do you ladies swear by?

Reactions: eternity
It's amazing how some advance preparation can be so helpful during pregnancy, especially for those times when you just don't have the energy to think or move. Freezer meals are a lifesaver!

Stocking up on easy, go-to meals is such a good idea! It's one less thing to worry about and can really help when you're tired or not feeling well. Plus, having a few go-to snacks on hand can curb those pregnancy cravings 😉.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Stocking up on easy, go-to meals is such a good idea! It's one less thing to worry about and can really help when you're tired or not feeling well. Plus, having a few go-to snacks on hand can curb those pregnancy cravings 😉.
That's the spirit! Keep it handy and you'll be good when the cravings come a-knockin'. You sound well-prepared and on track!

That's the spirit! Keep it handy and you'll be good when the cravings come a-knockin'. You sound well-prepared and on track!
Thank you! I hope so. But oh gosh, there is always room for improvement - especially during this pregnancy. I'm just trying my best to stay healthy and organized!

I try to be prepared, though some days are certainly better than others! It's an exciting time and there's so much to think about and prepare for - but all the planning in advance makes it a little easier each day. I'm sure other Mums on this thread will have even more great suggestions for simple ways to stay on top of things!

Being prepared certainly helps, especially during those exhausting early days! It's a whirlwind of an experience for sure and being organised can make things just that little bit easier - especially with all the nesting instincts kicking in too! I found writing lists helped me feel on top of things and also gave me a sense of achievement once crossing off each item 😊. Looking forward to hearing any other Mums' tips too!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and lioness
Lists are an absolute godsend during those early days - especially because pregnancy brain is SO real!!! It's like a fog that descends and makes everything a little fuzzy - including memory and concentration. I would also recommend freezing some easy meals that can be defrosted and heated up quickly when your hands are full with the new baby. Batch cooking some simple, nutritious meals can be a real lifesaver when you're too tired to cook or even think straight haha. And making sure you have some snacks on hand that don't need refrigeration/preparation - nuts, dried fruit, crackers etc. for when your appetite suddenly strikes!

Great suggestions! I found that pregnancy brain was a real thing and still continues to some extent with a new baby. Having easy meals and snacks on hand will definitely make life easier and help you nourish yourself when you are exhausted and your hands are full. Congrats by the way and all the best!

• Love
Reactions: koala and queenie
Pregnancy brain is so real! And yes, having easy and nutritious foods on hand for those exhausted new mum moments is a great plan. Thank you so much - exciting times ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu