• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health Tips

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The discussion centred around healthy eating and nutritional habits during pregnancy, with several moms sharing their favourite snacks and meals. Frozen grapes, a popular choice among the group, offer a tasty frozen treat, while smoothies packed with fruits and vegetables emerged as another favourite snack option, easy to prepare and nutritious.

For nausea, the consensus was that bland crackers or dry toast helped settle sensitive stomachs, and ginger in any form was praised for its effectiveness. Several moms also recommended small, frequent meals to manage heartburn and indigestion. The conversation highlighted the versatility of frozen fruits and vegetables, which can be blended into smoothies or eaten frozen as a refreshing snack.

Pregnant women in the group agreed that fruits, especially berries, were a nutritious go-to when cravings struck, and they sought advice on healthy, ready-to-eat snacks that could help them stay cool. The benefits of high-protein foods like yoghurt, eggs and cheese were also discussed, which help curb cravings and provide lasting energy. Overall, the discussion fostered an exchange of practical tips aimed at nourishing expectant mothers and their babies.

This is a place to discuss all things health and nutrition during pregnancy. Share your tips on maintaining good health, eating well and keeping yourself and baby strong!

What's your go-to healthy snack option? Or do you have a favourite nutritious meal you've been enjoying this pregnancy? Any great tips for managing pregnancy symptoms like nausea or heartburn? Let's share some wisdom and create a resource here for healthy pregnancy ideas!

Reactions: sunflower
One of my favourite healthy snacks has been frozen grapes! I love the extra chill and sweetness they provide, especially during the summer months. They're like a little burst of goodness and help curb any sugar cravings too.
As for meals, I've been into one-pot wonders that are easy to throw together - think stews, chilli and curries. My go-to pregnancy comfort food is a hearty vegetable and lentil soup with a side of crusty toast. Yumm!
For nausea, I found having some bland crackers or dry toast on hand to nibble helped settle my stomach in the first trimester. Also, ginger tea or even just sniffing fresh ginger seemed to help. And for heartburn, I've been careful with portion sizes - eating smaller meals and avoiding lying down right after eating seems to help!

Frozen grapes are such a fantastic idea! I'll have to try that - especially in summer.

I've been into smoothies for a quick, healthy snack too. And for meals, give me all the one-pot wonders! Haha. A good hearty soup is my go-to as well.

For nausea, I found the good old crackers and dry toast helped me too. Ginger tea is wonderful - I also found sucking on ginger candies helped settle my stomach sometimes.

I'm going to remember the tip about portion sizes for heartburn. That's a great idea! Smaller, more frequent meals have been helping me.

Frozen grapes are a tasty summer treat - and great for keeping cool!

Smoothies are a fantastic idea for a healthy snack. I've been loving one-pot meals too - so easy to throw together and usually pretty nutritious.

I second the crackers and toast for nausea - and ginger in any form is a godsend!

Small, frequent meals have helped me with heartburn too. Some great tips here!

Great tip about the frozen grapes! I'll have to try those - sounds like a delicious and healthy snack.

I've also been into smoothies lately - such an easy way to get a serving of fruits and veggies, and you can pack them with nutritious add-ins like spinach or avocado.

And yes, crackers and toast are my go-tos for nausea. I'm finding that plain saltines are the best for some reason - the plainness seems to help keep any queasy feelings at bay.

I've found small meals help me too, otherwise I get heartburn and indigestion. It's such a relief to find foods that sit well!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
Smoothies are a great idea! You can also add some protein powder to your smoothie for an extra health kick, which helps keep you full for longer and is a good way to get some extra nutrients in.

I totally agree about the crackers - plain is definitely best for settling any tummy troubles! I've found that the saltiness of them can help calm any nausea too, which is a nice bonus.

Small and frequent meals have helped me too, especially when they're high in protein. I find yoghurt, eggs, and cheese are good go-tos that sit well and give some lasting energy.

Frozen fruits in general are great as healthy snacks - the cold can be soothing and they take a while to eat, which is nice and distracting when you feel like you could eat everything in sight!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Great additional tips!

I've found that smoothies are a fantastic way to mask the taste of any nasty vitamins too - especially good if you're struggling with morning sickness and a sensitive palate!

Frozen fruits are a brilliant snack idea, I'll have to give that a go. Anything cold has been quite soothing for me too, so I'll definitely stock up on some frozen goodies.

Smoothies are a great idea! It's an excellent way to get some extra nutrients and easy to throw in some greens too. I find having cold snacks ready in the freezer is helpful - frozen yoghurt drops, fruit or even some healthy homemade popsicles. Anything to keep things cool and soothing definitely helps!

Great idea to have cooling, frozen snacks ready in the freezer! I'll definitely be trying those - especially the yoghurt drops and popsicles which sound delicious and healthy too! It's good to stay ahead with these hacks - anyone got any other suggestions for easy, healthy snacks that can help keep cool?

Some more frozen snack ideas:
- Frozen fruit - especially frozen grapes, or banana slices!
- Ice blocks made from pureed fruit or vegetable soups - you can even add some sneaky greens like spinach which you won't taste once blended.
Also consider keeping some ready-to-eat cooling treats in the fridge too. Things like natural yoghurt, cheese cubes, milk and of course water are easy to grab and will help keep you cool and refreshed when the cravings hit!

Great suggestions!

I've been blending my ice blocks - using frozen berries, banana and spinach with some coconut water or plain ol' H2O. It's such an easy way to get some extra nutrition in there and keep things interesting.

I've also been enjoying frozen pineapple chunks straight from the bag - a nice tropical treat!

That sounds delicious and refreshing, especially the tropical pineapple treat! It's fantastic how easy it is to create nutritious snacks and keep things exciting throughout pregnancy with some creativity 🙂 Frozen fruit and veggies are so versatile!

It really is amazing how frozen fruits and vegetables can be whipped into delicious, healthy treats! Easy to prepare, convenient, and nutritious - they tick all the boxes, especially when you're pregnant and craving something exciting! Enjoy your tropical delight 😊🍍🥝

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
Fruits are a great go-to when you have those pregnancy cravings! Quick, tasty, and healthy - they're every expectant mother's best friend!

Fruits are a pregnant woman's BFF! They're nature's candy, satisfying your sweet tooth with a healthy kick. Also, the vitamins and minerals are an added bonus!

What fruits do you guys crave when you're expecting? I'm curious because during my pregnancy, I couldn't get enough of berries - raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries! They were my go-to snack, and I could literally eat them by the pound!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I agree! Fruits are a pregnant woman's best friend. Their natural sweetness satisfies those sugar cravings, and they're so refreshing, especially during the warmer months.

Like you, I craved lots of berries when pregnant. There's something about their freshness and tanginess that was so appealing. I'd also reach for frozen fruits, especially frozen grapes - they're like little bursts of sweetness, and they helped with my ice cream cravings too!

Fruits are a great way to go for expectant mothers! They are healthy and refreshing, and it's wonderful how they can satisfy those sugar cravings. Berries and frozen grapes sound fantastic - so much so that I'd say they could give ice cream a run for its money!

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Berries are versatile! You can make some delicious smoothies, and also freeze them if you want an icy treat - healthy frozen yoghurt style. They're also packed with good stuff, which is an added bonus! I'll have to try frozen grapes too, sounds delicious and a great alternative to ice cream!

• Love
Reactions: koala and joyful
Frozen berries are such a good idea - healthy and tasty! Yes, definitely give frozen grapes a go - they're sweet enough that you won't miss ice cream . And with all the good stuff in them it's like having a super healthy snack too.

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu