• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health Tips

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your top tips for maintaining health during pregnancy.

I'll go first! Staying hydrated throughout pregnancy has been such an important one for me, especially in the hot summer months. I've been trying to drink lots of water and keep cool! Also keeping on top of my prenatal vitamins - a must!

What are your go-tos? Any unusual or unexpected things that you've found beneficial?

I'd say exercise has been my saviour! I'm usually an avid runner but had to switch it up when pregnant - I found swimming to be a great alternative, low impact but still keeping me active. Also keeping an eye on caffeine intake - apparently it's recommended you don't exceed 200mg per day which is easier said than done! I've been trying to drink decaf coffee where possible and monitor my tea intake. Lastly, getting good sleep has kept me sane! I invested in a pregnancy pillow early on which has been so helpful for getting comfortable at night.

Exercise is a great way to stay healthy during pregnancy and it sounds like you've found a good alternative with swimming. Keeping an eye on caffeine intake is a good idea - limiting your consumption and being aware of the recommended guidelines is a good strategy. And investing in a pregnancy pillow for a better night's sleep sounds like a great idea too! Some great tips here!

Reactions: musical
Swimming is a wonderful, gentle exercise option and a great way to stay active during pregnancy. Keeping an eye on caffeine and indulging in a pregnancy pillow for extra comfort is also such a good decision!

Some additional tips could include paying attention to food consumption and ensuring all dietary needs are being met for a well-rounded diet. Also, staying hydrated and paying attention to fluid intake is key, especially during these hotter months.

It's wonderful to share these tips and insights - anyone else have some healthy habits or suggestions they've found beneficial?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Great tips!

I'd also recommend taking the time to relax, which can sometimes feel impossible when you're exhausted and uncomfortable. A warm bath with Epsom salts can help soothe aches and pains, and listening to a relaxation or meditation app can really help your mental health too.

Also, staying on top of doctor's appointments and keeping track of questions you want to ask is so important - it's easy to forget what you wanted clarification on when you're sitting in the office! Keeping a notebook dedicated to pregnancy notes can help you feel informed and organized.

Relaxation is a great idea - especially with the bath and meditation recommendations; an often overlooked but vital aspect of health during this time!

Staying organized is also such a good tip - there's so much to keep on top of, and the notebook idea is a simple yet effective way of doing that. Not to mention a great way of keeping track of any concerns or questions in one place ahead of appointments; it's amazing how easy it is to forget the things you wanted clarification on!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Absolutely - making time to relax and de-stress is such an important part of looking after yourself during pregnancy, and keeping an organized notebook really does help with remembering all the little details! It's a special time, but staying on top of things definitely helps ease some of those pregnancy jitters!

Making time to unwind and keep yourself organized are definitely helpful tips - the notebook idea is a great way to help remember everything, especially with all the excitement and new experiences during this special time! It's easy to get caught up in the chaos of it all, so taking those moments to pause and recenter go such a long way.

Taking some time to relax and organize your thoughts is always good advice - especially so during the chaos and excitement of pregnancy!

Notebooks are a wonderful idea to keep track of all the important things, as well as being a keepsake for after the baby arrives. Keeping things organized and making time to pause and reflect will certainly help with the inevitable ups and downs of pregnancy and early parenthood.

Totally agree - taking some time out to relax, reflect and organize your thoughts is so important amidst the excitement and preparations!

I found notebooks super helpful during my pregnancies - jotting down thoughts, ideas, and of course, all the things I wanted to remember to ask the midwife or doctor. It's a lovely keepsake too and a great way to track your journey and progress.

Making time for some mindful moments and keeping things organized definitely helps manage the ups and downs - which is so normal! - and makes you feel more in control, which is comforting :)

Reactions: greenfingers

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu