• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health Tips & Advice

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your tips and advice on maintaining good health during pregnancy!

What foods helped you maintain energy and keep yourself and baby healthy? Did you have any go-to nutritious snacks?

How did you deal with common ailments like morning sickness, heartburn or headaches? What natural remedies or comfort solutions did you find worked best?

Did you incorporate any fitness or exercise routines into your pregnancy journey? Any safe workout tips to stay active and healthy?

Any recommendations for expecting moms on staying hydrated, getting quality sleep and managing stress levels? Let's create a helpful resource full of valuable insights!

I'd recommend pregnancy Pilates! I found it a great way to stay active, and also helped with my back pains.

Food-wise, I craved a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, especially berries - which are of course full of vitamins and nutrients. I also went crazy for yogurt and granola, which felt like a healthy snack option and kept the hunger pangs at bay.

For morning sickness, ginger chews were my go-to. They helped settle my stomach and tasted good too. I also found that having some soda crackers by the bed helped - just in case of any midnight illnesses.

I didn't have too many issues with headaches, but when they did strike, a cool damp cloth on my forehead and some rest in a dark room helped tremendously.

Staying hydrated was tricky as I kept forgetting to drink water. Setting phone reminders for that, and also to remind me to slow down and breathe deeply when feeling overwhelmed, helped me manage stress levels.

Overall, listen to your body, keep moving, stay hydrated and enjoy the ride!

I'd recommend pregnancy Pilates! I found it a great way to stay active, and also helped with my back pains.

Food-wise, I craved a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, especially berries - which are of course full of vitamins and nutrients. I also went crazy for yogurt and granola, which felt like a healthy snack option and kept the hunger pangs at bay.

For morning sickness, ginger chews were my go-to. They helped settle my stomach and tasted good too. I also found that having some soda crackers by the bed helped - just in case of any midnight illnesses.

I didn't have too many issues with headaches, but when they did strike, a cool damp cloth on my forehead and some rest in a dark room helped tremendously.

Staying hydrated was tricky as I kept forgetting to drink water. Setting phone reminders for that, and also to remind me to slow down and breathe deeply when feeling overwhelmed, helped me manage stress levels.

Good tip with the ginger chews; luckily, they sound a lot more tasty than they sound! Berries and yogurt are delicious and healthy go-to snacks

I'd also recommend drinking lots of lemon water - it's hydrating and refreshing, especially when chilled. I found that having small, frequent meals helped too - keeping energy levels stable avoided any feelings of nausea.

I also swear by acupuncture for any aches and pains - a natural, drug-free solution that really eased discomfort and helped me relax.

Anyone else with some good, healthy habits to share?

That's great to know about pregnancy Pilates! I've heard of people swearing by yoga, but not Pilates. I'll remember that it's a good option for staying active, which is so important, and a great way to deal with back pain too.

Fresh fruits and veggies are the best snacks - nutritious and tasty! I also loved citrusy fruits like oranges and mandarins, which seemed to quench my thirst and satisfy my sweet tooth.

I'm noting down the ginger chews and soda crackers; they sound like easy-to-access remedies that expectant moms can keep stocked!

Your tip about phone reminders is a good one - it's such an simple yet effective way to stay on top of things, especially when our minds are elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your tips! Hopefully other moms-to-be can learn something new too.

Glad to help with some ideas for staying active and healthy during pregnancy - it's a very exciting time!

I found Pilates a godsend, especially as my back started hurting towards the end of my pregnancy. Yoga is amazing too, but I found Pilates gave me the extra support I needed.

Fruits and veggies are my go-to snacks still, even post-pregnancy - such an easy way to satisfy hunger without filling up on junk. I'm a big fan of soda crackers now too - a strange but effective comfort food!

The phone reminder trick is something everyone should adopt; it's so simple yet it really helps keep track of things, especially when you're exhausted and have a million other things on your mind!

Hope all the expectant moms here are doing well and finding ways to enjoy this unique time.

Pilates and Yoga are great recommendations - they can help ease physical discomfort and provide some much-needed mental relaxation too.

I also found that eating healthy snacks like fruits and veggies helped me a lot during pregnancy, especially when cravings struck! It's so easy to grab a healthy snack when it's readily available in the pantry or fridge.

The simple yet effective phone reminder is definitely worth a shot for all expectant moms - it took away some of the mental load I was experiencing.

Healthy snacks are a great idea - filling the fridge with good options makes a world of difference when cravings hit! And yes, those phone reminders can be a simple yet powerful tool for keeping on track. Well done!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Having healthy snacks available makes a huge difference - it's a great strategy! Phone reminders are an easy but effective way to stay on top of things, so glad you're finding them useful. Keep up the healthy habits!

Snacking is such a huge part of maintaining energy levels and managing those cravings! Phone reminders are an easy habit to keep up and they help keep you focused on your health goals too.

Set phone reminders for healthy snacks options like nuts, fresh/dried fruits, whole grain crackers, yoghurt, cheese cubes - easy to prepare and nutritious! It's a great way to stay energised throughout the day without reaching for unhealthy options.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
That's a brilliant idea! Healthy snacks are key, especially when you're pregnant and exhausted - it's so easy to grab whatever is quickest, rather than most nutritious. I'll add these to my shopping list now!

That's a brilliant idea! Healthy snacks are key, especially when you're pregnant and exhausted - it's so easy to grab whatever is quickest, rather than most nutritious. I'll add these to my shopping list now!
Pregnancy does come with all kinds of surprises, doesn't it? All the more important to keep a balanced diet and stay active, which can be challenging when you're growing another human inside you. I'm glad this thread has been helpful in gathering all these tips!

it's quite a hassle to prepare elaborate meals or snack options when pregnancy tiredness sets in. I usually keep a container of grapes in the fridge, which is super refreshing and easy to munch on throughout the day. Also, the portion control helps with mindless snacking!

What other healthy snacks do you ladies recommend keeping around for pregnancy energy boosters?

Pregnancy does come with all kinds of surprises, doesn't it? All the more important to keep a balanced diet and stay active, which can be challenging when you're growing another human inside you. I'm glad this thread has been helpful in gathering all these tips!
it's been an insightful thread on keeping yourself healthy during pregnancy - proves that simple solutions are often the best, and sometimes, all it takes is for someone to share their experience to help others!

Simple yet impactful insights - absolutely! It's amazing how sharing experiences can offer such practical and beneficial tips for expecting mothers. I've loved following this thread, and it's a great reminder that sometimes the most straightforward solutions are the best for our health.

Simple yet impactful insights - absolutely! It's amazing how sharing experiences can offer such practical and beneficial tips for expecting mothers. I've loved following this thread, and it's a great reminder that sometimes the most straightforward solutions are the best for our health.
the wisdom of other mothers is invaluable! Their insights can help expectant moms navigate some of the challenges that come with pregnancy - a great discussion all round.

we often overlook the obvious. Keep yourselves healthy, ladies!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
A very important reminder!

It's so easy to get caught up in all the excitement (and anxiety) of pregnancy that we sometimes forget the importance of our overall health and well-being during this time.

Staying healthy is a great way to ensure you're giving your growing baby the best possible start in life - so keep those healthy habits going, eat right, exercise and get plenty of rest. Your body will thank you for it!

So true! It's so important to remember that what we do impacts the little one growing inside us - keeping up with good habits sets a great precedent for once the baby arrives too, and helps ensure your own comfort and energy levels during an exhausting but exciting time. Keeping on top of nutrition is key - pregnant or not, we often don't realise how diet affects our energy and mood. Congrats on the pregnancy!

So true! It's so important to remember that what we do impacts the little one growing inside us - keeping up with good habits sets a great precedent for once the baby arrives too, and helps ensure your own comfort and energy levels during an exhausting but exciting time. Keeping on top of nutrition is key - pregnant or not, we often don't realise how diet affects our energy and mood. Congrats on the pregnancy!
A healthy diet contributes so much to our overall mood and energy levels; it's incredible the impact it has! Congratulations to you too; an exciting journey awaits.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu