• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy Health Recommendations

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As many of you know, pregnancy is a beautiful but also physically demanding and trying time on a woman's body. I'd love to hear some of your go-to wellness tips and tricks for staying healthy and keeping those pesky aches and pains at bay.

Are there any stretching routines or yoga poses that have helped keep you comfortable? Do you have recommendations for pillows or props to help with sleep? What about dietary changes that have made you feel energized and nutritious? Any recommendations for natural remedies to ease some of the less enjoyable symptoms of pregnancy are welcome!

I'll start: I found out that a short walk right before bed really helps with sleep quality - especially on days when I'm feeling particularly restless. It seems to tire me out just enough to fall asleep easier and also helps with insomnia.

Can't wait to hear your ideas!

Hello everyone!

As many of you know, pregnancy is a beautiful but also physically demanding and trying time on a woman's body. I'd love to hear some of your go-to wellness tips and tricks for staying healthy and keeping those pesky aches and pains at bay.

Are there any stretching routines or yoga poses that have helped keep you comfortable? Do you have recommendations for pillows or props to help with sleep? What about dietary changes that have made you feel energized and nutritious? Any recommendations for natural remedies to ease some of the less enjoyable symptoms of pregnancy are welcome!

I'll start: I found out that a short walk right before bed really helps with sleep quality - especially on days when I'm feeling particularly restless. It seems to tire me out just enough to fall asleep easier and also helps with insomnia.

Wearing a maternity support belt helped me ease the hip and back aches especially when I had to be on my feet for long hours. It really gave me some much needed relief and made me feel more comfortable throughout my pregnancy.

75% of the time, I felt like giving up on doing any exercises, but forced myself to at least do some light stretching before bed and it made a difference! I also found that drinking ginger tea helped settle my nausea and upset stomach sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Hello everyone!

Hi there, I can share some pregnancy wellness tips from my own experience.

For dietary changes, I focused on including more snacks rich in calcium, iron, and protein like yoghurt, milk, and cheese. Getting enough nutrients seemed to help with some of the fatigue and helped me feel a bit more energized.

I also found that keeping up with a daily walk, about 30 minutes to an hour, kept my energy levels stable and helped with digestion. It's a great natural way to aid bowel movements, which can be an issue during pregnancy. Walking also helped with my backaches and leg pains; staying active definitely keeps the aches at bay.

I'm sure many mums-to-be here also swear by yoga! I found that certain poses, like the cat/cow stretch and child's pose, were extremely comforting and relieved a lot of pregnancy aches and pains. Some women also find that a warm bath or shower aids in relaxing the body and easing sore muscles.

For pillow props, investing in a good prenatal pillow can help with sleep comfort. Those side-sleeper pillows with the cut-out spot for the bump can make a world of difference!

And as you mentioned, a short stroll before bed can really help with relaxation and getting a good night's rest. It's a great way to unwind and calm the mind, too, especially if you're feeling anxious or overwhelmed.

What other natural remedies or comfort methods have worked well for you all?

Reactions: cissy
Hello everyone!

Hi there! I haven't had much time to be on the forum lately, but your post caught my eye.

I'm Fiona, a 34-weeks pregnant mum-to-be, so I can definitely share some of my experiences and recommendations, especially on the physical aspect of keeping comfortable during pregnancy.

For stretching, I've been recommended by my obstetrician to do modified yoga poses as it gets harder to move around. Basic poses like modified downward dog, mountain pose and child's pose have been a godsend in relieving backaches and general stiffness. She also recommended that I invest in a good maternity support belt which has helped with my lower back pain especially when I'm standing or walking. It takes some getting used to but it's definitely worth it.

Pillow-wise, I've got three giant u-shaped pillows surrounding me as I sit here. Haha! They're very helpful for propping up my bump and legs in a comfortable position, which seems to change weekly. I'm sure many mums on the forum can recommend their favorite pregnancy pillows that help with sleep too.

I also find that having a small snack before bed helps me sleep better. I get really bad heartburn sometimes, so eating an apple or having some plain biscuits settles my stomach enough to fall asleep. Plus a small snack seems to curb those nighttime cravings and keeps me from eating a full meal at odd hours.

Hope these tips help! Can't wait to hear the natural remedies others swear by!

Hello everyone!

I second the motion for walks! For me, long, slow walks helped not only with sleep but also keeping energy levels stable and managing cravings.

As for yoga, wide-leg forward fold and modified cobra pose were comforting and relieved backaches. And of course, a good body pillow for some extra support during bed time!

What other mummies have found helpful for their aches and pains?

• Sad
Reactions: luciana
Hello everyone!

A short stroll before bedtime is a great way to improve sleep quality; it's a simple but effective tip lassoed from personal experience!

As for me, being a huge advocate for mindfulness and its myriad of benefits, I've found that practicing deep breathing exercises whenever possible throughout the day helps to ease some common pregnancy discomforts. It's amazing how taking those few moments to slow down and focus on conscious breathing can help soothe anxiousness, improve posture, and even ease the baby's position for a more comfortable pregnancy journey.

I also swore by my pregnancy pillow which, despite its bulky nature, cradled me and the bump snugly through the night. It certainly helped with hip and back pain, making for a more restful slumber.

What other natural, holistic methods have worked well for you ladies? Let's share the love!

• Sad
Reactions: cissy and nature
Hello everyone!

For pillows, I find that using a pregnancy pillow has helped me sleep better especially for side sleepers. It cradles your bump and provides support so you don’t have to keep adjusting your positions every few minutes. As for dietary changes, I usually recommend adding omega-3 fatty acids, found in fish like salmon, which helps with brain development and also reduces the risk of preterm birth - but always check with your gynae before consuming fish oil especially if you're under any other medical conditions or allergies.

Oh, and Congratulations! :D

Hello everyone!

Don't discount the power of foot reflexology; it's a godsend during pregnancy for all sorts of aches and pains. Get yourself a good massage, preferably by a trained therapist who knows the pressure points for expecting moms! Also helps to get baby into optimal position for birth. Win-win.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu