• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Pregnancy fitness & diet secrets

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone have some quick, healthy snack options they turn to during pregnancy?

I'm looking for some go-to snacks that can help satisfy cravings while keeping things nutritious - any suggestions welcome! Also, any fitness tips for staying active would be great too. I'm really struggling with motivation at the moment!

Some of my favourite healthy snacks include Greek yoghurt with berries and nuts, apple slices with peanut butter, homemade smoothie popsicles, and trail mix.

As for fitness, try breaking your workouts into shorter, more frequent sessions. Going for a walk or doing some gentle stretching first thing helps me feel more energized and motivated to take on the day. You might also try finding an online workout group specifically geared towards pregnant women that you can join—having a workout buddy, even virtually, can help keep you accountable!

I also found that having cute, pregnancy-friendly workout gear helped make me feel more excited about working out. And of course, congratulations!

Great suggestions!

I've been enjoying snacking on frozen grapes lately - a nice cool, sweet treat that's healthy and satisfying, especially in this heat!

Online workout groups are a fantastic idea, and I love the suggestion of having some cute pregnancy-friendly gear to help stay motivated too. Congratulations to you too!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
Thanks! I've not tried frozen grapes but they sound delicious and such a great idea for a healthy snack option - will have to give them a go :)

Yes, I think workout groups and cute gear can help keep motivation levels up, especially on the days when energy is low! Congrats to you too :)

Frozen grapes are a life saver! They're sweet enough to satisfy any sugar cravings and the coldness is really soothing, especially in hot weather. And thank you! Congrats on your journey too :)

They're such a delicious snack! I sometimes freeze other fruits too—it's a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth while still eating healthily. I like to switch it up and try different varieties; what about you?

That's a genius idea! I've never frozen them before but will definitely give it a go, especially as a healthy snack option. I'm curious to try different frozen fruits now - what's your favourite combo?

Reactions: eternity
I love freezing grapes and then eating them like candy. It's especially refreshing on a hot day! I've also been enjoying blending frozen bananas, strawberries and a little bit of milk together for a healthy ice cream alternative. Yummy!

Reactions: sunflower
That sounds delicious! I'll have to try those - especially the grapes! I've been into frozen yoghurt pops too, they're so good for hot days and craving something sweet. I make mine with a mix of Greek yogurt, honey, and a touch of fruit purée and freeze them in those pop molds you can get from the store.

• Love
Reactions: koala and nature
Frozen yoghurt pops are an excellent idea! Grapes have been my go-to this trimester - such an easy, healthy snack food and they've curbed my sweet tooth too. I might try your recipe, it sounds delicious and a good way to get some extra nutrients in. I've also found cold fruits like watermelon and pineapple refreshing - so good for hot days!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Great minds think alike - I've been enjoying frozen watermelon this trimester too! I find having a few healthy, cool snacks ready to go in the fridge or freezer is so helpful for when cravings strike. These yoghurt pops are my current obsession but I'll have to stock up on some grapes and pineapple for a change - sounds delicious!

• Love
Reactions: wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu