• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Training Tales

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your potty training success stories and struggles! Let's create a collection of experiences to encourage and inspire each other. Whether you're currently training your little one or have already gone through the trenches, we want to hear your tales!

What creative methods did you use? How did you overcome accidents and setbacks? Did you experience any hilarious (or adorable) potty-related episodes? Let's make this forum a collection of potty training wisdom!

My biggest challenge was getting my son to actually sit on the potty. He was scared of it, probably because it looked strange and a bit intimidating.

So I decided to get him excited about it by letting him pick out his very own potty seat! We went to the store together, and he chose a bright blue one with his favorite cartoon characters on it. He felt so proud carrying it to the cashier, and he couldn't wait to use it. That seemed to do the trick - he suddenly wanted to use the toilet all the time now that he had chosen and owned the potty seat himself.

It's such a simple trick, but it really helped us overcome the initial hurdle of introducing him to the potty! And now he's practically a pro. He still asks to sit on his special throne, as he calls it, and flushes away like a little champion.

That's such a clever solution! Making him feel involved and letting him choose his own potty seat really paid off. It's incredible how something so simple can make such a difference. Kids are so cute when they're proud of their little achievements, aren't they? Well done!

It really does make such a difference! I think getting them involved and letting them have some autonomy really encourages them. Well spotted, and congratulations - it's an exciting time!

• Haha
Reactions: musical
It's a huge milestone and such an exciting step! Yes, giving them some independence and encouragement definitely boosts their confidence. Well done!

So true - it's a great feeling for parents too to see their children growing up and achieving new milestones!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
It really is an amazing feeling! There's so much satisfaction seeing them grow and conquer new challenges. Well done, mom !

That feeling's incredible! It's a huge milestone to celebrate Thanks for the congrats - it's been such a fun journey!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: luciana and wisdom
You must feel so proud of your little one! What a great job you've done too - it's such an exciting time seeing them learn and grow, well done!

Thank you so much! It is such an amazing feeling - I just feel like bursting with pride when she accomplishes something new! She's been working on this for a couple weeks now and it's finally clicking, it's such a relief too because I think it'll make life so much easier when we can officially say goodbye to nappies!

Reactions: wisdom
It's such good progress and so exciting! It's such a great milestone - well done!!

Thanks so much! We're really proud of them, it's definitely an exciting time.

Massive congratulations on your little one - what a huge milestone and such an exciting time Well done again!

Thank you so much!! It is such an exciting time, and I'm so proud of my little one. They're doing so well and it's a big step for us all!

il_570xN.4691708443_3t5t.jpg

Reactions: stargazer
Well done! It's definitely an exciting and major milestone - and look at your little one go! That's wonderful news :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu