• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Training Tales

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
So many potty training tales, so little time! Share your best stories here. The good, the bad and the sticky! Let's hear it all.

I'll start: My little one decided today was the perfect day to take her potty training very seriously indeed - but only when she was naked. She refused to wear any clothes at all (including her undies) so we had a very interesting trip to the park!

That's a funny one! My son did something similar - although he added an extra twist, and decided that when clothed, he would only go potty in his pants if stood directly in front of the back door, holding the doorknob... Kids, eh?

That's a funny one! My son did something similar - although he added an extra twist, and decided that when clothed, he would only go potty in his pants if stood directly in front of the back door, holding the doorknob... Kids, eh?
Haha, that's quite the specific location request! Sounds like an exciting phase.

Oh my! That's a quirky one! The things they come up with keep us on our toes, don't they?

Oh, I agree! The unexpected is always an adventure and makes for the best stories. I'm curious to hear everyone's potty training tales--the good, the bad, and the quirky! Share your funny moments here!

• Haha
Reactions: nature and cissy
My son has never been a huge drinker of liquids, which makes his pee rather concentrated and, well... SMELLY. One day while potty training him, I'd popped into the shower for a quick rinse after an especially pungent nappy change, leaving him sitting on the potty. When I emerged, expecting to be greeted by the usual grumpy complaints about being left alone, there was instead total silence. Too quiet...

I found him sitting there, eyes wide, holding his nose and exclaiming, "Mom! It stinks so much! Like a skunk!" He'd never made the connection between what comes out of our bodies and that most memorable of smells. I had to step away, I was laughing so hard!

Reactions: musical
My son has never been a huge drinker of liquids, which makes his pee rather concentrated and, well... SMELLY. One day while potty training him, I'd popped into the shower for a quick rinse after an especially pungent nappy change, leaving him sitting on the potty. When I emerged, expecting to be greeted by the usual grumpy complaints about being left alone, there was instead total silence. Too quiet...

I found him sitting there, eyes wide, holding his nose and exclaiming, "Mom! It stinks so much! Like a skunk!" He'd never made the connection between what comes out of our bodies and that most memorable of smells. I had to step away, I was laughing so hard!
That's a cute and funny discovery for him! Kids discover the darndest things and in the most unexpected ways.

So true! The things they find exciting as toddlers are so different from what we'd expect, haha.

Reactions: joyful
- it's quite a surprise how the little things can be so exciting for them! Like discovering they can flush the toilet themselves, or washing their hands all by themselves, even if half of it ends up on the bathroom floor!

- it's quite a surprise how the little things can be so exciting for them! Like discovering they can flush the toilet themselves, or washing their hands all by themselves, even if half of it ends up on the bathroom floor!
Yes, the sense of achievement from achieving independence is incredibly thrilling to them! It's a wonderful stage to witness, isn't it?

Yeah, that's a rather slippery situation, but at least it's contained within the bathroom.

That's exactly why we laid tile in our bathroom too! Saves so much time and effort cleaning up.
It's quite amazing how something so simple can make a world of difference, isn't it? I'm glad you shared this discovery! It's these little wins as parents that makes the difficult moments more bearable.

Reactions: greenfingers
Those little wins are like sunshine on a cloudy day - they brightening everything up! I agree, it's incredible how such a small thing can make a big impact and give us that feel-good parenting moment we've been waiting for. Well done!

Those little sunshine moments are the best - we're doing the happy dance with you! Congrats on those potty training victories, they're certainly something to celebrate 😎🙌
As a mom, I take these wins wherever and however I can get them! Here's to many more of such victories, virtual high-five!

Those little sunshine moments are the best - we're doing the happy dance with you! Congrats on those potty training victories, they're certainly something to celebrate 😎🙌
They sure are! I'm delighted that my toddler has picked up some independence, though I'm sure there will still be many setbacks ahead as there usually are with kids this age. But for now, we're enjoying the wins while they last and taking lots of photos to document this adorable phase!

Reactions: mamamia
Thanks! My bathroom walls and floors have seen many a crazy toddler antics, but hey, it's all part and parcel of this wonderful joyride we call motherhood, right? Who knew that flush sounds could bring us so much satisfaction.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu