• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Training Strategies

One thing that helped us was making it into a game! We'd have 'potty parties' where we'd celebrate every success, no matter how small, with lots of cheers and high fives. We also got some sticker charts and let our kiddo pick out some small prizes to put on there as rewards - which they loved! We kept it up with lots of praise and positive reinforcement. It helped that the whole family was on board and we could all cheer our little one on together.

Good luck - it's a fun but sometimes challenging process!

That's fantastic! We also played it up as a game and song-and-dance activity, with lots of cheers and laughter. Keeping it light-hearted and fun definitely helped keep morale high - both for the kiddo and the adults alike!

The sticker chart is a great idea too - we found different themed stickers that our kid was into at the time, which went on everything from potty attempts to actual success pees and poops. And of course, the whole family being involved is such a huge help! It's definitely a team effort. High five!

That's a great strategy! Making it fun and involving the entire family will indeed keep the mood positive and encouraging. The sticker idea is something we also did, and it worked like a charm, especially with the whole family cheering whenever a sticker goes up! And you're right - keeping it as a fun memory, and not a stressful one, makes potty-training seem like such a breeze! Here's to more cheers and high fives all around!

That's a great strategy! Making it fun and involving the entire family will indeed keep the mood positive and encouraging. The sticker idea is something we also did, and it worked like a charm, especially with the whole family cheering whenever a sticker goes up! And you're right - keeping it as a fun memory, and not a stressful one, makes potty-training seem like such a breeze! Here's to more cheers and high fives all around!
The support and encouragement from fellow parents on this thread warm my heart! It's so true that the little ones feed off our energies, so keeping things upbeat and fun helps them along in their learning journey.

The support and encouragement from fellow parents on this thread warm my heart! It's so true that the little ones feed off our energies, so keeping things upbeat and fun helps them along in their learning journey.
I think as parents, we can all agree it's rewarding to share these little gems that make parenting a little easier and more enjoyable. It's a great confidence booster to know some strategies work across the board! Here's hoping many more parents can chime in with their successful stories to lift each other up. We're all in this together!

Absolutely! It's so encouraging to hear about strategies that have worked for others - gives us hope and inspiration, especially when we're in the trenches with our own little ones! I'll share my own experience with potty training our toddler:

I opted for a very laid-back approach, as intense boot camps didn't align with our family's vibe. We started with bare essentials - lots of bare floor time and plenty of access to water and toilet breaks. We made it fun with stickers and little rewards like dancing whenever there was success. The key for us was consistency without pressure. I involved my toddler in the process by having him help pick out training underwear with his favorite characters, and we'd talk about 'big kid' responsibilities.

It was a gradual process with many accidents along the way, but staying consistent paid off sooner than I thought! It's such a confidence booster when it clicks, and it's so exciting to see your little one gain some independence. Here's to sharing more of these wins - parenting can be tough, so it's great to celebrate the triumphs, no matter how small!

I think as parents, we can all agree it's rewarding to share these little gems that make parenting a little easier and more enjoyable. It's a great confidence booster to know some strategies work across the board! Here's hoping many more parents can chime in with their successful stories to lift each other up. We're all in this together!
It feels good to have such an encouraging parenting group right here! Sharing experiences and knowing that we are not alone in our trials and triumphs is a confidence booster. Let's hope more users join in on the conversation to share their wisdom! It's heartening to hear these little nuggets of information and they make the tough job of parenting a little less daunting.

Indeed, it's wonderful to have a supportive group to share experiences and gain insights from one another! I agree that these little bits of wisdom shared within the community make parenting seem a lot more manageable and enjoyable. Knowing that others are going through similar situations really boosts our confidence as parents, and we come out feeling less alone. Let's keep the conversation going and benefit from each other's valuable inputs!

Indeed, it's wonderful to have a supportive group to share experiences and gain insights from one another! I agree that these little bits of wisdom shared within the community make parenting seem a lot more manageable and enjoyable. Knowing that others are going through similar situations really boosts our confidence as parents, and we come out feeling less alone. Let's keep the conversation going and benefit from each other's valuable inputs!
It's assuring to have such a supportive group to offer insights and experiences, especially for new parents like myself! The shared wisdom is invaluable.

It's assuring to have such a supportive group to offer insights and experiences, especially for new parents like myself! The shared wisdom is invaluable.
It is great to have an online community where we can all share our different experiences as parents. It's almost like having a support group, doesn't it? We all have different ways of handling the same situation, and it opens up our minds to new ideas. It gives me hope that, together, we are stronger and can tackle most challenges in parenting!

It's certainly comforting to know that we're not alone in our parenting journey and that others have gone through similar phases. Having a community to share these experiences makes tackling them feel much more doable! It's great to hear your take on things and I'm sure many new parents would agree with you! We can all do with some reassurance and words of wisdom from time to time.

It's certainly comforting to know that we're not alone in our parenting journey and that others have gone through similar phases. Having a community to share these experiences makes tackling them feel much more doable! It's great to hear your take on things and I'm sure many new parents would agree with you! We can all do with some reassurance and words of wisdom from time to time.
Having a supportive community is reassuring, especially for new parents who are still getting the hang of things. It's wonderful how everyone here shares their varied experiences and strategies - it's like having access to an enriching parenting workshop!

Absolutely! It's so encouraging to have insights from other parents who've gone through similar situations and come out victorious. Their stories make us realize that we're not alone in this journey, and there's always something new to learn. Sharing experiences creates a supportive environment where we can adopt different strategies and find what works best for our little ones - it's like having a parenting toolbox at our fingertips!

Absolutely! It's so encouraging to have insights from other parents who've gone through similar situations and come out victorious. Their stories make us realize that we're not alone in this journey, and there's always something new to learn. Sharing experiences creates a supportive environment where we can adopt different strategies and find what works best for our little ones - it's like having a parenting toolbox at our fingertips!
You're right about having a supportive community that offers varied insights - it does feel like having a parenting workshop at your fingertips! Each one of us has different stories to share, and it's encouraging to know there's always someone who can relate. This is such a helpful and uplifting thread! I wonder if any new parents have any quirky or cute tactics to share - they'd be reminded of them as their little ones grow up quickly!

Having a diverse range of experiences and advice shared in one place is indeed a great resource for parents, especially when you can relate to someone's situation and find encouragement in it! I do love hearing about people's unique and fun strategies too - makes potty training seem like an exciting adventure instead of a daunting task. It's heartwarming to see little ones grow up and develop their own personalities, often showing us simple yet effective ways to approach toilet training. It's a special journey for both parent and child!

Having a diverse range of experiences and advice shared in one place is indeed a great resource for parents, especially when you can relate to someone's situation and find encouragement in it! I do love hearing about people's unique and fun strategies too - makes potty training seem like an exciting adventure instead of a daunting task. It's heartwarming to see little ones grow up and develop their own personalities, often showing us simple yet effective ways to approach toilet training. It's a special journey for both parent and child!
It's nice to hear some positivity amidst the challenges that parenting brings! I think we could all use some feel-good stories to brighten our days.

It's nice to hear some positivity amidst the challenges that parenting brings! I think we could all use some feel-good stories to brighten our days.
it adds some warmth to our day-to-day struggles as parents when we hear of successful potty-training stories and funny anecdotes! It's a lovely change from the daunting tasks at hand.

it adds some warmth to our day-to-day struggles as parents when we hear of successful potty-training stories and funny anecdotes! It's a lovely change from the daunting tasks at hand.
Yes, it's nice when you realize you're not alone in your challenges and can take comfort in other parents' experiences. Their successes give us hope that one day, we'll look back on these training days with fond memories, knowing full well the struggles were worth it!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu