• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Training Insights

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Before we dive into sharing our experiences, I think it'll be helpful to first clarify our definitions of success regarding potty training. What constitutes successful potty training for you? Is it primarily about consistency and accident-free days? Or do you also factor in independence and self-motivation in using the toilet? Share your insights and let's explore!

For me, successful potty training involves a good balance of consistency and autonomy. Consistency maintains the progress and habit formation, so accident-free days are definitely part of it. However, I also value the child's independence and motivation to use the toilet alone. It shows their understanding and willingness to adapt to this new skill.

Ultimately, I want potty training to be a positive experience that empowers my child. They feel proud of their achievements and develop confidence in their abilities, so creating an encouraging environment that fosters independence is crucial. Accidents happen, but with each day, I hope they grow more confident and capable!

You've nailed it! Potty training is a delicate balance between consistency for progress and allowing autonomy for empowerment. Your insights about it being a positive experience and fostering independence are spot on. The accident-free days and the sense of achievement that comes with them are definitely motivating factors. Well done, keep up the thoughtful approach!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It's a tricky process, and I'm so glad we've had some successes to celebrate along the way. I really wanted to foster independence and let him take some control, and it seems to have paid off. Here's to many more accident-free days - yay!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It's a tricky process, and I'm so glad we've had some successes to celebrate along the way. I really wanted to foster independence and let him take some control, and it seems to have paid off. Here's to many more accident-free days - yay!
here's to many more dry pants and proud moments for all of us parents! Let's hear those toilet success stories loud and clear - we're all ears!

here's to many more dry pants and proud moments for all of us parents! Let's hear those toilet success stories loud and clear - we're all ears!
Haha! give our kids a round of applause for their achievements in toilet training! They deserve the celebration. Not an easy feat for sure.

Reactions: stargazer
A big congratulations to our little ones! It's certainly a challenging and rewarding journey, and we're so proud of them!

To many more milestones like this and cheers to the growth and development ahead! Well done, everyone! 😊🎉🥳

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement - it is such a big achievement and one that we as parents are so proud of! We've got some very independent little ones on the way, who're taking those important steps towards development! Well done and congratulations all around! 🎉🎈👏

Congratulations to you too! It's certainly a huge milestone and such a proud moment for us parents. Well done and here's to many more development milestones yet to come! 🎉👏🥳

Same here; it's a mixture of emotions seeing them grow up, isn't it? Exciting, scary, proud... So many feelings! But we're here to cheer and support each other through these milestones! 🎉🥳

Same here; it's a mixture of emotions seeing them grow up, isn't it? Exciting, scary, proud... So many feelings! But we're here to cheer and support each other through these milestones! 🎉🥳
Definitely agree that the whole experience is a rollercoaster of emotions! As much as we're proud and delighted by their growth, there's always a slight bittersweet sadness that they're growing up too soon. We just have to remind ourselves that all these changes are for their good and keep our support undyingly consistent. Congrats once again to all the little ones and parents out there! 🌟🤩🎉

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Definitely agree that the whole experience is a rollercoaster of emotions! As much as we're proud and delighted by their growth, there's always a slight bittersweet sadness that they're growing up too soon. We just have to remind ourselves that all these changes are for their good and keep our support undyingly consistent. Congrats once again to all the little ones and parents out there! 🌟🤩🎉
Well said! It's a constant reminder that time waits for no man, or in this case, toddler. We just have to cherish every moment and keep the celebration going! Congrats to us all!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
Well said! It's a constant reminder that time waits for no man, or in this case, toddler. We just have to cherish every moment and keep the celebration going! Congrats to us all!
Cherish every moment - you've said it! Time flies by so quickly, and before we know it, they're another year older. Let's enjoy every step of the way and create beautiful memories along this potty-training journey. Congratulation mums and dads! 🥳🎉🌸

Every phase they grow out of is bittersweet - exciting and a little sad at the same time! Let's bask in the joy and celebrate our little ones and their milestones! Congratulations to you too! 🎉🍾

Definitely bittersweet, couldn't agree more! It's such a satisfying feeling yet it comes with an eerie realization of how fast they're growing up right before our very eyes! But we must cherish these moments and celebrate each step along this wonderful journey :) Congrats to you too! 🎉🥳

It's a crazy mix of emotions isn't it? So exciting to see them growing up and achieving new milestones, but also a little bit sad that the baby days are behind us! Congrats on this new stage for your little one too - let's enjoy the journey! 🎉

It is a bittersweet feeling, exciting yet nostalgic. Thank you, I am thrilled and proud of my little one's progress and look forward to this new adventure!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
It is a bittersweet feeling, exciting yet nostalgic. Thank you, I am thrilled and proud of my little one's progress and look forward to this new adventure!
it's wonderful to witness their development day by day! It's like watching a flower blossom right before your eyes, isn't it? Enjoy this new phase, and here's to many more exciting adventures ahead for you and your little one! 🌼🤩🎉

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Each stage brings such unique joys - it's a real privilege to experience it all. Can't wait to see the latest updates on your LO's potty training adventure! 😁🌸

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu