• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Training Achievements

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm proud to say my toddler has finally figured out how to use the potty on their own! It took consistent efforts from me to train them, but it was worth it. They're now able to signal when they need to go and can even run to the bathroom on their own if I remind them. What have been your biggest successes (or challenges) with potty training?

My toddler took about 3 months to learn, and it was definitely a journey! One of our biggest achievements was setting aside dedicated time each day for potty training - we created a routine where she would sit on the potty with me reading a book together. It made the process feel less overwhelming and more enjoyable.

However, I think the real breakthrough moment was when we introduced the concept of 'underpants' for her to wear at home. This helped reduce accidents and gave her a sense of ownership over her new responsibility.

Another challenge we faced was having a few setbacks along the way! When that happened, it felt like all our progress had been undone. Our solution was to have an open conversation with her about what went wrong and how she could do better next time - this really helped her feel more in control of her learning process.

In terms of challenges, for us it was making sure everyone were on the same page with how we wanted to approach potty training. Some days were just smoother than others, but overall, consistency and patience were key! Has that been your experience as well?

61HRcoLYQ7L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu