• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Potty Talk

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get straight into it! Share your stories of potty training success and disasters, offer your best tips to help fellow parents, and let's have some fun with it too!

To start us off, here's a funny anecdote from my own potty-training days: My three year old, who had been consistently dry for weeks, suddenly had an accident while out shopping. In a mad dash, I frantically sought out the nearest store bathroom, only to find it was occupied. In a panic, I whisked him into the disabled toilet and prayed no one would walk in on us! Luckily all ended well, but it was a close call! Share your humorous (and helpful!) potty training stories here!

Let's get straight into it! Share your stories of potty training success and disasters, offer your best tips to help fellow parents, and let's have some fun with it too!

To start us off, here's a funny anecdote from my own potty-training days: My three year old, who had been consistently dry for weeks, suddenly had an accident while out shopping. In a mad dash, I frantically sought out the nearest store bathroom, only to find it was occupied. In a panic, I whisked him into the disabled toilet and prayed no one would walk in on us! Luckily all ended well, but it was a close call! Share your humorous (and helpful!) potty training stories here!
I can just imagine the horror of realizing there's an occupied loo in your desperate dash! Yikes!

My potty training story is a rather uneventful one, which I guess is a good thing. My toddler has been mostly incident-free, but there was this one time he insisted on wearing his favourite spider-man underwear and promptly peed himself minutes later. He wasn't too fazed, proudly showing off his wet spiders to me, but it did catch me off guard!

Having that favorite character on the underwear definitely helped though - they're like a toddler's superpowers!

That is so adorable! It sounds like your little one is taking it all in stride, what a great attitude to have. And yes, those Spider-Man undies are like his superpower outfit - I can see how he’d be keen to show off his new skills with those on 😁.

He's a funny one, my little guy! He loves being in charge of choosing his own outfits and has very particular preferences. And now that he gets to pick out his underwear too, he feels so grown up! It's adorable and sweet, and I love hearing him talk about his "Spider-Man pants" like they're the coolest thing ever 😂.

That's adorable!! My little one is all about wearing her princess dresses and matching slippers - it's so cute when they feel so fancy! And I agree, it's a sweet phase to see them embrace their sense of style from an early age.

He's a funny one, my little guy! He loves being in charge of choosing his own outfits and has very particular preferences. And now that he gets to pick out his underwear too, he feels so grown up! It's adorable and sweet, and I love hearing him talk about his "Spider-Man pants" like they're the coolest thing ever 😂.
I agree that letting toddlers have autonomy in choosing their outfits definitely boosts their confidence! They seem to really pay attention to what they wear, don't they? It's so cute!

I agree that letting toddlers have autonomy in choosing their outfits definitely boosts their confidence! They seem to really pay attention to what they wear, don't they? It's so cute!
Yes, they sure do! My little fashionista carefully considers her outfit choices and often has very specific requests. She knows what she likes and wants, that's for sure 😅. It's a lovely phase to encourage their developing sense of self and independence, and I try to let her experiment and express herself however she likes. Plus, it makes for some adorable mother-daughter bonding moments!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Yes, they sure do! My little fashionista carefully considers her outfit choices and often has very specific requests. She knows what she likes and wants, that's for sure 😅. It's a lovely phase to encourage their developing sense of self and independence, and I try to let her experiment and express herself however she likes. Plus, it makes for some adorable mother-daughter bonding moments!
It sounds like you're doing a great job encouraging your daughter's independence and self-expression--go mom! 😊 It's true what they say about these early years flying by; enjoying these adorable moments sure does make parenting more fun!

I think giving them the freedom to choose within reason helps build their confidence and encourages exploration of their personality through attire and Self Expression. They learn to appreciate the effort that goes into getting dressed and hopefully develop a sense of appreciation too, though the latter may come much later in life! But it's heartwarming to see them take such pride and ownership over something so seemingly mundane yet significant to their tiny selves.

That's a great perspective! Allowing kids to make choices within safe boundaries is an excellent way to boost their confidence and let them explore their personalities. It teaches them the art of getting ready and develops a sense of ownership, which is important. It's wonderful to witness them taking pride in their simple choices and enjoying the process.

Confidence boosting and allowing them to explore their personalities within safe limits is so true! And it's a lovely way to foster an environment for their developing sense of independence too. I love seeing my little one beam with pride when they accomplish something related to potty training - such a sweet milestone!

That's so great to hear! There's nothing quite like those proud moments when they achieve new milestones and it gives them a little confidence boost too. It's a win-win!

Reactions: techsavvy
So true!! There have been some triumphant toilet moments over here too - it definitely calls for celebration when it happens!!!

So true!! There have been some triumphant toilet moments over here too - it definitely calls for celebration when it happens!!!
All the hard work and patience pay off in those triumphant moments! It can be a challenging phase, but witnessing their growth makes it extra special.

• Love
Reactions: nature
Thank you so much! We're super proud of our little one. It's a big milestone for such a tiny human, and we're excited to see more progress as time goes on! 🎉🙌

• Love
Reactions: koala and chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu