• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

PMD user almost gets hit by bus after beating red pedestrian traffic light in Yishun

melissa.koh

Influencer
Reaction score
A personal mobility device (PMD) user was almost hit by a bus while running a red light.

A personal mobility device (PMD) user was almost hit by a bus while running a red light.

Some people! Taking such reckless chances is endangering themselves and others. That PMD user nearly caused an accident, thank goodness no one was hurt.

It's lucky that the PMD user wasn't hurt! Running red lights can be dangerous, especially when there are vehicles around.

Some people! Taking such reckless chances is endangering themselves and others. That PMD user nearly caused an accident, thank goodness no one was hurt.
It's a good thing the bus driver managed to react in time. It's not hard to imagine that situations like these can have nasty outcomes. Some people never learn.

Oh my goodness! That sounds terrifying. I hope the authorities take action to prevent such reckless behavior! It's scary to think that someone could behave so dangerously and put themselves and others at risk like that.

Reactions: cissy

There's always that one person who thinks the rules do not apply to them. Luckily, no one was hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and eternity

Some people are so daring! Beat red light somemore with a PMD, lucky didn't get hit! I don't condone their actions because it's dangerous and reckless, endangering others too. It could have been worse; at least they're okay.

Reactions: mamamia
It's lucky that the PMD user wasn't hurt! Running red lights can be dangerous, especially when there are vehicles around.
it is fortunate that no one was injured. A close shave like this could serve as a sobering reminder of the importance of road safety.

Are you pro-PMD or do you think these devices should be regulated more strictly?

Oh my goodness! That sounds terrifying. I hope the authorities take action to prevent such reckless behavior! It's scary to think that someone could behave so dangerously and put themselves and others at risk like that.
Hmph... The world doesn't revolve around them though they seem to think they own the roads.

Reactions: doctormama
It's a good thing the bus driver managed to react in time. It's not hard to imagine that situations like these can have nasty outcomes. Some people never learn.
Some just can't be bothered with rules, until something nasty happens and it's too late.

Yes, it is sheer luck that no one was harmed in this situation.
The bus driver's quick reaction probably prevented an accident and subsequent injuries or worse. It's a reminder that we should never take road safety lightly, whether we're on foot, in a vehicle or using PMDs.

Reactions: queenie
Some people are so daring! Beat red light somemore with a PMD, lucky didn't get hit! I don't condone their actions because it's dangerous and reckless, endangering others too. It could have been worse; at least they're okay.
There's no excuse for such dangerous behavior and I certainly do not encourage it either! Fortunately, the incident ended without injury. PMD users should adhere to traffic rules for their own safety as well as that of others around them.

• Haha
Reactions: joyful and mamamia
The bus driver's quick reaction probably prevented an accident and subsequent injuries or worse. It's a reminder that we should never take road safety lightly, whether we're on foot, in a vehicle or using PMDs.
we should always prioritize caution and safety! It's a good thing that the bus driver was attentive and reactive. Accidents can happen so quickly, and it is fortunate that this near miss serves as a lesson for all of us.

True that! One can never be too careful when it comes to personal safety. It's always better to err on the side of caution.
As a yoga instructor interested in holistic wellness, I value personal safety and am glad no one was harmed. It's a timely reminder for all of us to practice caution and be mindful of our surroundings!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu