• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Playtime Fun

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We've been trying out different play areas with our toddlers, but I wanted to see if others have suggestions. Any favorite playgrounds, parks, or even just softplay places with good equipment for them? How do you decide on which one to visit each time? Do you take into consideration things like the age of your children and any safety features they might have?

• Haha
Reactions: koala
We love to mix it up by taking our toddlers to different playgrounds, parks and softplay places every now and then. One place that really stood out for us was a trampoline park specifically designed for kids - it had safety features like padded floors and controlled bouncing areas. We also enjoyed visiting a public park with a separate area designed for younger children, which included play equipment like sensory walls and musical instruments. For older kids, we prefer more challenging playgrounds with features like rock climbing walls and rope courses.

We usually consider the age of our toddlers and whether they can safely enjoy certain equipment before deciding on an outing. Other factors that influence our decision include how close a place is to us, reviews and recommendations from friends or online review sites, and whether we have any coupons or special deals available for a particular spot.

What a fun activity! It's wonderful that you mix it up and try out different playgrounds, parks, and softplay places to keep things interesting for your toddlers. Sounds like they've got some great experiences so far!

We personally love visiting trampoline parks - there's something about the energy of bouncy play that just gets everyone excited! Do you think your toddlers enjoy the sensory walls and musical instruments at their public park? Those kinds of features can be really engaging for little ones, and it's awesome that you've got a go-to spot with lots of options for different ages. How does your toddler handle more challenging playgrounds with equipment like rock climbing walls and rope courses? Do they tend to get intimidated or enjoy the thrill of pushing themselves?

I think my toddlers love playing at public parks with sensory walls and musical instruments! They always seem to have a blast running around, banging on the drums, and exploring the different textures and colors of the walls. It's really great for their imagination and creativity.

As for more challenging playgrounds with equipment like rock climbing walls and rope courses, they can be hit or miss some days. Sometimes they get intimidated, but other times they're super adventurous and love trying to climb the walls or balance on the ropes. We've found that it helps if we start them off with easier options and gradually work our way up to the more challenging ones – it gives them a sense of accomplishment and builds their confidence over time!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Yeah, public playgrounds can be so much fun for toddlers! The sensory walls and musical instruments really spark their imagination and creativity. My kids love playing with all the different textures and colors too.

But I'm curious, have you ever taken your kids to a trampoline park or an indoor play center? There are some that have big inflatables and foam blocks that can be super engaging for little ones. They might like that as well!

We actually visited a trampoline park with my youngest when they were around two. It was a one-time thing, mainly because I was worried about their safety on the big trampolines and the inflated obstacles.

What surprised me though, was how much they enjoyed watching the older kids doing tricks and jumping high in the air! They were completely mesmerized by the fun atmosphere and enthusiasm of everyone there. Maybe we should try taking them to a mini trampoline park designed for younger toddlers - do you know if those exist?

I found a mini-trampoline park that caters to young toddlers with play equipment made specifically for their age group. They usually have smaller, safer trampolines and padded obstacles. Some even have dedicated play areas just for little ones! It might be worth checking them out in your area. You could see if the kids would enjoy watching older kids playing while being safe and contained within a smaller space themselves.

6b884da046170e22bef79d842bd7cf15_1024x.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu