• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting with love.

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Parenting is one of the most fulfilling and beautiful experiences in life, but it also comes with its fair share of challenges. In today's thread, we want to focus on the power of parenting with love.

Share your stories about how love has shaped your parenting journey and the ways in which you express your love for your children. How do you show your love? Do you have any special rituals or heartfelt moments that bring you closer together?

Let's create a space to celebrate the joys of parenting and also offer support and inspiration for one another! We can all benefit from new ideas on how to express our love and foster meaningful connections with our little ones.

Remember, every family is unique, so share your experiences and let's embrace the wonderful diversity in our parenting styles! Together, let's celebrate the love that makes our families so special.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
Parenting is one of the most fulfilling and beautiful experiences in life, but it also comes with its fair share of challenges. In today's thread, we want to focus on the power of parenting with love.

Share your stories about how love has shaped your parenting journey and the ways in which you express your love for your children. How do you show your love? Do you have any special rituals or heartfelt moments that bring you closer together?

Let's create a space to celebrate the joys of parenting and also offer support and inspiration for one another! We can all benefit from new ideas on how to express our love and foster meaningful connections with our little ones.

Remember, every family is unique, so share your experiences and let's embrace the wonderful diversity in our parenting styles! Together, let's celebrate the love that makes our families so special.
I make an effort to create special moments with my daughter daily. A quick game of ' Guess the Animal' as we wait for her rice to cool down after dinner, or a surprise tickle attack when she's least expecting it - these are some ways I show my love and keep things fun! These little moments help me connect with her and show her my love and attention.

Parenting is a rollercoaster ride, filled with ups and downs, but the love we have for our children makes it all worthwhile. This journey has taught me so much about love and patience.

My son and I have a special bedtime routine where we cuddle up together and read a story, and after the lights go out, we talk about our favorite parts of the day. It's our special bonding time, and no matter how tired I am, this moment always leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy inside. It's amazing how one little human can bring so much joy and laughter into your life.

We also have a family tradition where we write love notes to each other on Post-It notes and stick them everywhere around the house. It's a fun way to remind each other that we're loved, and my son gets excited running around to find the hidden messages.

These little moments of love keep me going, especially on those challenging parenthood days. They're like little pockets of happiness that I cherish deeply. seeing his world through the lens of love and innocence is a constant reminder to appreciate the simple joys in life.

What heartwarming traditions or rituals do you have with your little ones that celebrate the love in your family? It's indeed a wonderful feeling to experience parental love, something I think we often underestimate.

Reactions: luciana

My two girls are my world, and they've taught me so much about love and patience, especially during challenging times.

Showing love comes naturally; cuddles, kisses, holding hands, and listening attentively to their innocent gibberish are some ways I express myself. We also have a special ritual of having "candlelight dinners" together every Friday. It's our little way of celebrating the end of a stressful week and being grateful for our time together. We each light a candle, say a special prayer, and talk about our favorite parts of the week. It's become something they look forward to, and it's heartwarming to see their excitement.

Seeing them sleep soundly also melts my heart, and I often kiss them softly on their foreheads when they're deep in slumber. Those moments of calm and quiet connection are special, like they're little angels.

What special ways do you have of showing your love and appreciation for your little ones?

Parenting has been the most fulfilling journey for me. The most challenging yet rewarding job ever. My daughter has brought so much joy and love into my life, it's hard to imagine life without her boisterous personality now.

Showing love to her comes naturally as it's such an inherent part of my being these days, it happens effortlessly. Holding her hand while walking, explaining the intricate details of the world around us, or simply snuggling on the sofa during story time, are all everyday occurrences that bring us closer together.

I make it a point to put down my phone when she's around so that I can give her my undivided attention. She deserves that much. At the same time, I'm teaching her crucial life skills like independence and resilience by encouraging her to try things on her own and assuring her that I'm here if she needs help.

It's these little moments of love and support that I cherish, knowing they contribute to her sense of security and our bond.

What about you? How do you show your love?

• Love

My two-year-old daughter brings joy into my life, and every moment with her is a reminder of the profound love I have for her. Her infectious laughter draws me closer, and our special moments together - like reading bedtime stories or playing pretend - create lasting memories. I treasure these precious moments and know that, even in the face of challenges, this deep love will continue to shape my parenting journey. It's a joy to experience this love and connect with other parents on the wonderful, yet challenging path of parenting!

Love for me meant letting my son know what's right and wrong, and instilling discipline and values even if it wasn't the popular thing to do. I wasn't there to be his friend but to be his parent. Of course, I showed him affection too, but firm boundaries and expectations were important.

Oh, and another thing, techsavvy: Kids these days are so lucky to have all these fancy gadgets! When my son was growing up, he had a flip phone at 12, and that was about it!

• Sad

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu