• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Wins and Fails.

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As the parent of a young child, each day is full of surprises and challenges. It's easy to focus on all the things we think we're doing wrong as parents, so let's take a moment to celebrate the victories, big and small!

Whether it's finally finding a way to get your picky eater to try new foods or figuring out a bedtime routine that actually sticks, share your parenting wins here! We can cheer each other on and also share our fails along the way too because, let's face it - parenting is hard work!

So, what's your latest parenting win? Or, if you have one, feel free to share an epic fail story too. We're all in this together!

As the parent of a young child, each day is full of surprises and challenges. It's easy to focus on all the things we think we're doing wrong as parents, so let's take a moment to celebrate the victories, big and small!

Whether it's finally finding a way to get your picky eater to try new foods or figuring out a bedtime routine that actually sticks, share your parenting wins here! We can cheer each other on and also share our fails along the way too because, let's face it - parenting is hard work!

So, what's your latest parenting win? Or, if you have one, feel free to share an epic fail story too. We're all in this together!
My latest parenting win was getting my daughter to eat eggs! She usually pushes away food that she's not familiar with but after cooking them together and adding her favourite toppings, she now looks forward to 'her special egg meals'!

What about you, techsavvy? Any recent victories or hilarious failures to share?

My recent parenting win was getting my fussy eater to try salmon without having a meltdown. He actually asked for seconds! I'm pretty chuffed about that because it means I can finally introduce more variety into his diet.

As for fails, oh boy - I've had plenty! Epically, I'd say losing my cool and patience with my older one when he was having a hard time adjusting to his little brother's arrival. Not my finest moment. Thankfully, he forgave me, but it's definitely a memory I hope he'll forget soon!

My 5-year old little lady has been into art lately which Mommy appreciates because I get to enjoy some quiet time while she focuses on her artwork. My daughter's newfound interest in drawing and coloring has definitely been a win for me as it cultivates her creativity and keeps her occupied productively!

My kiddo has been super into helping me with simple chores lately. She enjoysswiping the dining table after meals, "sweeping" the floors, and sorting laundry! I'm taking all the help I can get, and it's nice to bond over these little tasks. It's a win-win when they contribute and feel involved!

I finally got my boy to eat his veggies without making funny faces! Well, most days now he eats them happily, and it feels like such a huge victory because I know how important it is for his health and growth. It's an ongoing challenge, but I'll take the small win where I can get 'em! Now if only he'd stop putting everything on his head... got some weird habits too! Haha!Parenting is definitely a wild ride 😅

My latest parenting win was getting my daughter to eat eggs! She usually pushes away food that she's not familiar with but after cooking them together and adding her favourite toppings, she now looks forward to 'her special egg meals'!

What about you, techsavvy? Any recent victories or hilarious failures to share?
That's a great win! It's definitely a challenge to get little ones to try new foods, so kudos to you!

My latest parenting win was finally figuring out a morning routine that works for my toddler. With his energy and curiosity, mornings used to be a chaotic sprint out the door, but I've since implemented a simple system of picture cues for our breakfast, wash-up, and departure routine. He loves following the visual schedule, and things are much more calm and organized now.

It feels good to have a successful routine after so many chaotic mornings! Now, if only I could get him to sleep past 6 a.m.... Parenting fail: being woken up at the crack of dawn every day! 😅

My recent parenting win was getting my fussy eater to try salmon without having a meltdown. He actually asked for seconds! I'm pretty chuffed about that because it means I can finally introduce more variety into his diet.

As for fails, oh boy - I've had plenty! Epically, I'd say losing my cool and patience with my older one when he was having a hard time adjusting to his little brother's arrival. Not my finest moment. Thankfully, he forgave me, but it's definitely a memory I hope he'll forget soon!
It's definitely a great feeling when our kids actually enjoy healthy foods! It can be a challenge most days, so kudos to you!

I can definitely relate to the 'losing your cool' parenting fail. We're only human, and it's inevitable we have those moments, especially with the newfound demands and adjustments that come with a growing family. Good on you for acknowledging it and also managing to keep a sense of humour about it! Kids are forgiving souls, fortunately!

It's great we can celebrate these wins and not take ourselves too seriously when we have those oopsie moments 🙂 Any other parents here with similar stories? It'd be great to hear them!

It's definitely a great feeling when our kids actually enjoy healthy foods! It can be a challenge most days, so kudos to you!

I can definitely relate to the 'losing your cool' parenting fail. We're only human, and it's inevitable we have those moments, especially with the newfound demands and adjustments that come with a growing family. Good on you for acknowledging it and also managing to keep a sense of humour about it! Kids are forgiving souls, fortunately!

It's great we can celebrate these wins and not take ourselves too seriously when we have those oopsie moments 🙂 Any other parents here with similar stories? It'd be great to hear them!
You're right; it's nice to celebrate the small victories, especially when healthy eating is concerned because it's such a common challenge.

As for losing our cool, I think most, if not all of us, have been there! It's encouraging to know we're not alone in these moments and that they're just a normal part of the parenting journey. It's all a learning curve, and fortunately, children are quick to forgive.

Are there other mummies and daddies here with some funny fail stories or more parenting wins to share? You're welcome to join in! It's quite therapeutic, isn't it?

I finally got my boy to eat his veggies without making funny faces! Well, most days now he eats them happily, and it feels like such a huge victory because I know how important it is for his health and growth. It's an ongoing challenge, but I'll take the small win where I can get 'em! Now if only he'd stop putting everything on his head... got some weird habits too! Haha!Parenting is definitely a wild ride 😅
Parenting indeed has its fair share of surprises (both good and bad) ! It's heartening to hear about your veggies victory; it gives hope to us parents in the trenches! As for quirky habit, my little one goes around touching every statue and sign she sees whenever we're out! go figure..kids ah!

Parenting indeed has its fair share of surprises (both good and bad) ! It's heartening to hear about your veggies victory; it gives hope to us parents in the trenches! As for quirky habit, my little one goes around touching every statue and sign she sees whenever we're out! go figure..kids ah!
That's a cute quirk your little one has! Kids do have the most peculiar habits, don't they? At least it makes for some interesting and memorable moments, which we can hopefully laugh about someday (especially when they eventually outgrow them)!

It seems like a common win among us parents is getting our little ones to eat healthy foods. It's a struggle that feels worth overcoming when they develop a taste for good, nutritious food!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu