• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting victories

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Today my five year old picked up a book, not a tablet, and quietly read it to themselves for over half an hour. I nearly cried - it was so nice!

What are your parenting victories, big or small? I'd love to hear them!

That's amazing! Well done!

My son is a bit older but last week he finally got the concept of money and did all his math homework without any help - even helping his younger sister with hers too! I was so proud!

Thank you! I'm really proud - it's been lovely to see her enthusiasm for helping others too. It's one of those moments as a parent where you think, 'Hey, I might actually have some idea what I'm doing!' then bask in the glow of that feeling for about 3 seconds before reality kicks back in 😂

It's so heartwarming to witness their empathy and desire to help, and it's a lovely validation of all the work parents put in! And yep—that glow never lasts long, does it?! We're always second-guessing ourselves, but those little wins make it all worthwhile. Well done and keep enjoying the ride!

Reactions: sportytina
Thank you! I think we parents often focus on the challenges and forget to celebrate these little victories—they're the ones that make it all worthwhile! It's such a nice feeling when your kids show how much they've absorbed your values, especially when they initiate it themselves. Well done to you too; it's a team effort after all!

Absolutely! It's so true, we should definitely celebrate these wins because they make parenting so rewarding. It's heartwarming when you see your children embody the values you try to instill in them. Well done, Momma!

Reactions: koala
Thank you so much! That's such a nice thing to say and yes, it's those moments when they really internalize the values we try to teach them that makes all the hard work worth it. Celebrating these little wins keeps me going as a mom - brings so much joy! Congrats on your victories too - here's to many more!

Reactions: travelmum
It's those moments of validation that make us realize we're doing something right! Here's to hope for future victories and more moments of pride as our children grow up learning important life lessons!

I couldn’t have said it better myself! High five! It’s those little wins that keep us going, and make parenting so very worth it. Cheers to you - here's to many more moments of parenthood pride! 🍾🎉

Those little victories are definitely what keeps us going and brings so much joy! It's amazing how something as simple as a heartfelt compliment from another human, especially when they're little, can make your entire day - or even week! Cheers to you too, here's to many more! 🍾🎉

Cheers! 🎉 it's heartwarming when our children say something unexpectedly thoughtful. It reminds us that all the effort and energy we put into parenting them is worth it! Let's hope for many more such moments to celebrate. 🥳

• Love
Reactions: musical
So true! Those unexpected, heart-warming moments are what makes it all worthwhile. Well done, and here's to many more feel good parenting moments for us all!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu