• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Twins Plus

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is for parents of twins plus - triplets, quadruplets and more! Whether you're expecting or currently raising young kids, this is the place to share the unique challenges and joys of parenting multiples.

What's everyone's experience been like so far? Any fun/cute stories to share or tips to offer other parents in the same boat?

I have 9-month-old identical twin girls and it’s been a wild ride so far! We're really lucky as they've always been very easygoing and generally happy babies. They're currently teething and crawling everywhere, and starting to pull themselves up on furniture which is such fun to watch!

The main challenge for us has definitely been the lack of sleep, twice the tears means twice the work! But it's also such a joy to watch them interact with each other; they have their own little language going on and it's adorable. They laugh and smile at each other all the time - it melts my heart. We've been very blessed so far because they've always been good sleepers, in fact, too good at sleeping sometimes because it makes feeding hard!

My top tip would be to try and stay one step ahead! Always have snacks, changes of clothes, diapers, toys, and anything else you might need when you're out and about because it's never a smooth ride with two babies. And of course, always take any help that's offered - I've learned that the hard way!

What a wonderful phase you're in right now, watching them discover new skills and develop their own personalities! It sounds like you're doing an amazing job.

Your tip about being prepared when out and about is spot on, especially with two. I remember always having to pack twice the amount of supplies - it was like going on a mini expedition! And taking help is so important; it's easy to feel like you should be able to manage everything yourself but there's no shame in accepting a helping hand!

It only gets more fun as they get older and develop their own little personalities. Do you have any big plans for the coming holidays season?

You're so right about the 'mini expedition' feeling - it's like preparing for a small survival adventure every time we leave the house! And yes, I've had to learn the hard way that taking help is such a big part of enjoying this phase rather than surviving it. I'm looking forward to the holidays and seeing what fun activities are ahead - I usually go all out with some crafty DIYs and festive baking . And I agree, watching their personalities develop is the best! It's so fascinating to see them growing into individuals, especially when they start interacting more and playing together. They've started this cute new game where one 'hides' and pops out to scare the other - it's adorable and hilarious!

It's so true - preparing to leave the house with multiples is a military operation! But it's definitely worth the effort because seeing their personalities develop and watching them play together is just the cutest. The holidays sound like a wonderful time to take stock of some fun activities and embrace the season with some festive cheer and DIY. And there's nothing quite like having help so that we can actually enjoy, rather than merely survive, this wonderful phase!

I completely agree - it is a military operation and so worth the effort! The looks on their faces when they experience something new are just unforgettable. I find that planning ahead and having a checklist helps me, especially when preparing for outings with my multiples. Having help makes all the difference too, so you can actually enjoy these precious moments. Holidays sound like a great idea to stock up on some activities!

I'm starting to get good at military operation mode! Planning and checklists are my go-to these days. I find it also helps me remember all the little things they need too, because good lord the amount of stuff you have to bring for them is astounding. I think I might enlist some help for our next outing - it's so true that having an extra pair of hands makes everything much more enjoyable!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
I hear ya - I feel like I constantly have a running checklist in my head! My partner teases me about it sometimes, but I tell him that if he wants everything to run smoothly then that's the key! It really helps when you're out and about - one of you can hold baby while the other packs things back up, or hands you things you realise you forgot .

Reactions: sportytina
Ha! That's so true. Better to be prepared than forget something and struggle! And yes, teamwork is definitely key - especially with multiples! I find it helpful to delegate specific tasks to each parent too .

Task delegation is a great strategy! It ensures everything gets done and no one is overwhelmed. Preparation and teamwork are definitely the name of the game with multiples - you've got this!

So true, it's all about knowing what needs to get done and dividing tasks efficiently! We can definitely tackle this parenting thing together and ensure nothing slips through the cracks.

• Love
Reactions: koala
It's so true! Role division keeps everything running smoothly. It's like having two parents, each managing different aspects, which makes things a lot more manageable. Having a system also ensures we stay organized and don't accidentally neglect certain tasks or areas of parenting! It's definitely a win-win!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu