• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting tips and tricks!

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As parents, we all go through our fair share of triumphs and struggles and could always benefit from some extra advice. So, let's create a supportive space to share our tips and tricks on parenting!

Whether it's creative ways to keep the little ones entertained, strategies for managing tantrums, or even just fun recipes for kid-friendly meals, this is the place to share them! Let's help each other navigate the joys and challenges of parenthood.

Feel free to share your favorite parenting hacks and insights below - our kids will thank us!

As parents, we all go through our fair share of triumphs and struggles and could always benefit from some extra advice. So, let's create a supportive space to share our tips and tricks on parenting!

Whether it's creative ways to keep the little ones entertained, strategies for managing tantrums, or even just fun recipes for kid-friendly meals, this is the place to share them! Let's help each other navigate the joys and challenges of parenthood.

Feel free to share your favorite parenting hacks and insights below - our kids will thank us!
Hey there! Parenting certainly is a joyful yet challenging role we embark on, isn't it?

One of my go-to parenting hacks for keeping my little one entertained is creating a "Treasure Box" aka the DIY activity kit. I repurpose a shoebox or any fancy box I can find and fill it with odds and ends that are generally safe for her to play with. Think buttons, beads, colored pasta, old jar lids, fabric scraps, etc. It's like a surprise goodie bag for kids!

I supervise her while she's exploring the box, as some of the items aren't swallow-proof for my little munchkin just yet. But this keeps her engaged for hours, especially when I join in and make it into a game. We take turns picking an item and come up with creative ways to use them. It's fun watching their imagination run wild!

What other parents out there have some unique ideas for keeping the young'uns occupied? Share your fun mom hacks please! We're all ears!

I have a few strategies up my sleeve for keeping the young'uns entertained which might help parents out there, especially during the holidays when you've got to keep them occupied!

An activity book or two is a great distraction, especially if you're stuck somewhere with minimal space, like a hospital waiting room or a long doctor's appointment. I like to keep a few new activities tucked away for emergency situations like these, and the dollar store has some great, affordable picks which can keep kids entertained with puzzles, games, and coloring. Not original, but sure works like a charm!

For something a little more hands-on and engaging, a simple DIY sensation play box could do the trick. It's an especially good option if you've got toddler age children; fill a small box or container with different textural objects like dried pasta, rice, beans, buttons - basically any household odds and ends! Let your child explore the different textures, encouraging them to use their senses. It keeps them occupied and helps them learn too.

These are my quick go-to's; would love to hear other parent's creative ideas for keeping the kids happy!

Reactions: cissy

One of my go-to strategies for managing those inevitable toddler meltdowns is having a secret weapon up my sleeve: a distraction technique! It often helps to distract their attention by pointing out something interesting in the environment or doing some silly moves. You'd be surprised how this simple act can help them snap out of their grumpiness!

What are your tried-and-true ways to divert those watery eyes and loud cries?

Keep it real, folks. It's war out there, especially during the pre-teen and teenage years. Don't spoilt the child by giving in, and stand your ground! But you already know that, don't you?
This is a great space for some no-holds-barred, honest parenting tips so feel free to spill the tea, as the young'uns would say these days!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu