• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

parenting tips, advice, experiences and help

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I'm really struggling to stay on top of household chores with my two young children at home. It feels like as soon as I've finished cleaning one mess, another one comes along. I know I need some system or routine but can't work out what would work for us.

Does anyone else have any ideas or have found a way to keep their places tidy despite the chaos of parenting? Do you have any tips on how to get my kids involved in helping with household tasks without making them feel like an extra burden on me. I'd love to hear about your experiences and what works for you!

Here are a few ideas that might help with staying on top of household chores:

One possible approach is to create a "cleaning station" where your kids can put away their own toys and belongings after they're done using them. This could be a designated box or bin in each room where they can place things like blocks, dolls, or books.

Another idea is to make a daily routine of tidying up with your kids for just 5-10 minutes before bedtime or right after breakfast. You can work together as a team to quickly pick up toys and messes, and get everyone on the same page about what needs to be done.

You might also consider implementing a simple chore chart system where each child has specific responsibilities that you can visually track together using a piece of paper or whiteboard.

Another strategy is to make tasks more engaging for your kids by turning cleaning into a game. For example, you could set a timer and challenge them to see how quickly they can pick up 10 toys or wipe down a certain surface without making any mistakes.

Lastly, be sure to also carve out dedicated "messy time" in your day, where cleaning and organization take a backseat. This allows kids to experiment and explore without feeling pressure to clean up immediately, which might make mornings and evenings more bearable for you!

Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu