• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Solo

queenie

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Being a sole parent comes with its own set of challenges and triumphs, so let's share our experiences and offer support to one another. Whether you're a divorced, separated, single parent by choice, or circumstances have left you flying solo, this is the place to find solidarity and advice.

What are some of the most rewarding or challenging aspects of your solo parenting journey? Let's start from there!

Being a sole parent comes with its own set of challenges and triumphs, so let's share our experiences and offer support to one another. Whether you're a divorced, separated, single parent by choice, or circumstances have left you flying solo, this is the place to find solidarity and advice.

What are some of the most rewarding or challenging aspects of your solo parenting journey? Let's start from there!
For me la, the most challenging part of solo parenting is definitely the lack of time and energy. Got kids to ferry around, appointments to keep, and then got work commitments as well. How to balance everything without going crazy or becoming a super grumpy parent is a real challenge! But on the flip side, it also taught me time management and how to be more efficient with my time. Can't waste time sitting around doing nothing, got to keep things moving along!

The most rewarding part has definitely been seeing them grow up to be decent human beings, despite the challenges. Also, I think being a solo parent has made me appreciate the little victories more - every small milestone they hit and every kind gesture they make feels like a big accomplishment. So I guess it kind of evens out!

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
For me la, the most challenging part of solo parenting is definitely the lack of time and energy. Got kids to ferry around, appointments to keep, and then got work commitments as well. How to balance everything without going crazy or becoming a super grumpy parent is a real challenge! But on the flip side, it also taught me time management and how to be more efficient with my time. Can't waste time sitting around doing nothing, got to keep things moving along!

The most rewarding part has definitely been seeing them grow up to be decent human beings, despite the challenges. Also, I think being a solo parent has made me appreciate the little victories more - every small milestone they hit and every kind gesture they make feels like a big accomplishment. So I guess it kind of evens out!
You've brought up some great points. The juggling act between kid's schedules, personal appointments, and work is a real challenge, and it's impressive how solo parents manage their time. It's a skill definitely worth praising!

And it's heartwarming to hear that you find joy in the small wins. They say parenting is a thankless job, but those little moments of achievement and pride make it all worthwhile. It's a great reminder that the everyday struggles are worth it.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Eh, let me share my thoughts on this one leh.

I feel like the most challenging part of flying solo as a parent is also what makes it the most rewarding – it's all on you! There's no one else to fall back on, so when your kid gets a high five for acing their exams or needs consoling after their first heartbreak, it makes the wins and losses that much more intense. And of course, managing discipline and ensuring they turn out to be functional adults is a whole other juggling act! But then again, that proud moment when they accomplish something on their own because you taught them to be independent - woah, no price tag for that feeling, man. You just have to roll with the punches and hope you're doing a decent job.

Some days are definitely harder than others. I think the most challenging part is managing everything on my own - from disciplinary issues to ensuring adequate quality time and giving ample attention to their holistic development - it can be pretty draining, especially when they're going through different phases at the same time! But on the rewarding side, I'd say it's also quite satisfying to know that I'm doing my best to give them a good start in life and hoping they'll turn out alright.

It's really encouraging to see others going through similar situations; we're definitely not alone in this!

Ah, the solo parenting journey - it's a real rollercoaster!

I think the most challenging part is when you realise you're basically on your own in all aspects of raising the kid. There's no one else to bounce ideas off, make joint decisions with or share the workload. You're the sole provider and caregiver, which can be draining physically and emotionally.

But on the flipside, there's also a lot of freedom in being able to parent your way - you're not compromised by anyone else's methods or beliefs, so long as you remember what's best for your child comes first. And the rewards? Well, seeing your kid develop into a great human being is definitely one. Knowing they've turned out well despite the challenges is a real win and a half!

It can be done, and we're here to help each other!

As a solo parent, there's no doubt the hardest part is balancing everything - work, household duties, childcare, and finding some me-time. It can feel like a juggling act! But one of the most rewarding aspects is that wonderful feeling when you nail it - like acing a challenging situation or creating special memories with your little ones, knowing you're doing an amazing job despite the odds.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
As a solo parent, there's no doubt the hardest part is balancing everything - work, household duties, childcare, and finding some me-time. It can feel like a juggling act! But one of the most rewarding aspects is that wonderful feeling when you nail it - like acing a challenging situation or creating special memories with your little ones, knowing you're doing an amazing job despite the odds.
It really is a non-stop juggling act where you never quite catch a break but the payoff comes in the form of heartwarming, rewarding moments that make all the effort so worthwhile. You don't get to take much of a breather, but the satisfaction of being able to hold everything together - even if just barely - is something to be proud of!

Having to juggle work and take care of the domestic front single-handedly is draining. By the time I get through my workday, I barely have enough energy to tackle the mountain of chores at home! Cooking, cleaning, helping with homework, and organizing everything as a solo parent can be pretty darn exhausting.

Reactions: sunflower
Having to juggle work and take care of the domestic front single-handedly is draining. By the time I get through my workday, I barely have enough energy to tackle the mountain of chores at home! Cooking, cleaning, helping with homework, and organizing everything as a solo parent can be pretty darn exhausting.
You said it! It's a non-stop marathon juggling work and managing the home front on your own. The exhaustion can be overwhelming at times. But you're not alone in this - many solo parents experience this exhausting routine.

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu