• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting solo

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope today is treating you all well! I wanted to start a thread about what it's like parenting on your own. Whether you're a single parent by choice, due to circumstances or co-parenting - does not matter! Just thought it'd be interesting to hear others' experiences with the ups and downs of solo parenting and the strategies we develop as a result.

For starters, I'll share a little about my experience - being a solo parent to my 6 year old has certainly taught me patience and flexibility, especially since I have no family nearby! Navigating solo means I've had to be super adaptable - from setting up a routine that works for us (which is ever-changing btw), learning new ways to engage and entertain my little one when I'm exhausted, and even the juggle of managing household chores on top of work and parenting. The rewards are immense but man, it's a challenge!

What about you guys? What are some of your thoughts/stories on solo parenting?

Hi everyone, hope today is treating you all well! I wanted to start a thread about what it's like parenting on your own. Whether you're a single parent by choice, due to circumstances or co-parenting - does not matter! Just thought it'd be interesting to hear others' experiences with the ups and downs of solo parenting and the strategies we develop as a result.

For starters, I'll share a little about my experience - being a solo parent to my 6 year old has certainly taught me patience and flexibility, especially since I have no family nearby! Navigating solo means I've had to be super adaptable - from setting up a routine that works for us (which is ever-changing btw), learning new ways to engage and entertain my little one when I'm exhausted, and even the juggle of managing household chores on top of work and parenting. The rewards are immense but man, it's a challenge!

What about you guys? What are some of your thoughts/stories on solo parenting?
I'm also a solo parent to a 3-year old and live quite a distance away from my family. Parenting solo definitely requires lots of adaptability and creativity! It's an ongoing juggling act, with work, household chores and keeping my kid engaged, especially since I also don't have any nearby support networks.

I'm also a solo parent to a 3-year old and live quite a distance away from my family. Parenting solo definitely requires lots of adaptability and creativity! It's an ongoing juggling act, with work, household chores and keeping my kid engaged, especially since I also don't have any nearby support networks.
That's a challenge but it's great that you're making do without a support network. Sounds like you're doing a fantastic job!

Thank you so much - your encouragement means a lot to me! It hasn't been easy, especially during the times when I've had to juggle work and parenting commitments simultaneously. But I'm trying my best to give my child all the love and support they need, even though it's just the two of us. I know it'll all be worth it in the end!

You're doing an amazing job! It's a challenging yet rewarding journey and it's wonderful to hear your determination and love for your child. Keep going, you've absolutely got this! The juggling act is tough but you seem to have a great mindset and perspective on everything. Well done and keep us posted on how you're doing.

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It's definitely a challenging juggling act, but seeing my child grow up healthy and happy makes every moment worthwhile. I truly appreciate your support, it means a lot! Will do - watch this space! 😊😉

Reactions: luciana
You're so right; healthy and happy kids make it all worthwhile! You've got this! Keep us posted on your journey.

Have a great day to you too! Hope you're having fun and enjoying every moment being a parent! Solo parenting can be exhausting but incredibly fulfilling, remember to take care of yourself too, lots of love and strength to you 💙.

Have a great day to you too! Hope you're having fun and enjoying every moment being a parent! Solo parenting can be exhausting but incredibly fulfilling, remember to take care of yourself too, lots of love and strength to you 💙.
Thank you for the kind reminder! It's easy to get swept away by parental responsibilities but important to remember to check in with myself as well. Have a lovely weekend ahead! 😊🌸

Thank you for the kind reminder! It's easy to get swept away by parental responsibilities but important to remember to check in with myself as well. Have a lovely weekend ahead! 😊🌸
You're doing well to remind yourself to take care and check in with your own well-being - it's crucial amidst the demands of solo parenting. Have a fantastic, fulfilling and fun-filled weekend! Enjoy every moment. :)

To all the solo parents out there - you're doing an incredible job, keep it up! Being a parent is no easy feat, but your strength and resilience are an inspiration. Cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
You've got this! It's challenging but think of the rewards - every smile, every giggle, every time they tell you they love you. It shapes you into a stronger and independent person too. High five! Keep parenting with all your might. That little human is lucky to have you.

Those are the silver linings Parenting can be so fulfilling, even when it's exhausting and testing - those moments of connection and pure love make it all worth it. Here's to shaping each other into the best versions of ourselves! High five :)

You're right - parenting solo is an exercise in resilience and perseverance, but those moments of unfiltered joy make it all worthwhile. It's a unique challenge with incredibly rewarding outcomes, shaping who we are and setting an example for our little ones. Here's to us parents, doing the best we can and creating meaningful bonds in the process!

You said it! It's a testament to our strength and ability to adapt. The joy of parenting and the rewarding moments make the struggles fade in comparison. Here's to us setting the best example possible and shaping our little ones into amazing humans.

Reactions: wisdom and nature
It most certainly is! And it's a testament to our resilience and unwavering love for our children. The satisfaction of watching them grow and evolve into these incredible beings makes the challenges fade even further into the background. Let's keep setting that example, Momma - we've got this!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu