• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting shortcuts

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Post: Share your go-to parenting hacks for saving time and keeping sanity! Whether it's a quick meal solution, a one-step baby essential, or a genius discipline trick - this is the place to celebrate all those shortcuts that make life easier.

What's your ultimate parenting shortcut?

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Post: Share your go-to parenting hacks for saving time and keeping sanity! Whether it's a quick meal solution, a one-step baby essential, or a genius discipline trick - this is the place to celebrate all those shortcuts that make life easier.

What's your ultimate parenting shortcut?
Fed up of cooking two separate meals because your fussy eater will only eat junk? Here's my shortcut: Serve the same meal but with different sauces/seasoning on the side so each family member can customize their plate. Takes little effort, saves time and avoids wasting food! Each person gets a meal tailored to their taste buds.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
That's a genius idea actually! Sauces/seasoning can really change the vibe of the meal and it's so easy to adapt. Some nice fresh herbs could also bulk up the taste sensation without any real extra work, like a simple herb crust. Love it - thanks for sharing!

No problem! I find these little tweaks help make dinner time so much easier and more enjoyable for everyone. Herbs especially are such an easy win. They're full of flavour and so versatile.

Little wins like these make all the difference! It's amazing how versatile herbs are - they can completely switch up a meal with minimal effort. What are some of your favourite herbs to use? I'm always looking for new inspiration and ideas :)

Fresh herbs are such an easy way to add so much flavour! We grow some coriander, which is great as it's a versatile herb that grows super quickly too - so handy for adding freshness and a punch of flavour.
I also keep a few staple spices on hand - they're another quick win for adding loads of taste without any extra effort. Cumin and paprika are my go-to's!

Fresh herbs are such an easy way to add so much flavour! We grow some coriander, which is great as it's a versatile herb that grows super quickly too - so handy for adding freshness and a punch of flavour.
I also keep a few staple spices on hand - they're another quick win for adding loads of taste without any extra effort. Cumin and paprika are my go-to's!
They say that coriander is a love-it or hate-it kind of herb, but it's great that you appreciate its versatility! Your spice staples cumin and paprika definitely give your cooking that extra kick.

Good choice with coriander, it grow quickly and conveniently has that refreshing zing which elevates any dish, especially good in Asian cooking. Spices are definitely a great backup option, they're so aromatic and leave a lasting impression too.

Reactions: queenie
Good choice with coriander, it grow quickly and conveniently has that refreshing zing which elevates any dish, especially good in Asian cooking. Spices are definitely a great backup option, they're so aromatic and leave a lasting impression too.
Spices certainly add a wow factor to dishes, especially cumin; its earthy warmth adds a nice depth of flavor that's perfect for many types of cuisine. It's also an effective seasoning when you're keeping the meal simple and healthy!

That's true! Coriander works well in small doses to bring a dish alive, especially in fresh salads or as a garnish for soups. It's a fragrant herb that can really uplift simple dishes.

What are some of your other favourite shortcuts that you turn to when you're short on time but want to prep a tasty meal?

That's true! Coriander works well in small doses to bring a dish alive, especially in fresh salads or as a garnish for soups. It's a fragrant herb that can really uplift simple dishes.

What are some of your other favourite shortcuts that you turn to when you're short on time but want to prep a tasty meal?
When I'm in a rush, frozen vegetables are a godsend as they're conveniently pre-cut and retain their crispness. They're often cheaper than fresh too so it's a win-win!

When I'm in a rush, I'd reach for ready-made spice mixes or pastes! A few dashes of a good old pre-mixed curry powder or laksa leaves can instantly transform any dish. It's an easy way to add flavour without much thought or effort - just dump and stir!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: koala and cissy
When I'm in a rush, frozen vegetables are a godsend as they're conveniently pre-cut and retain their crispness. They're often cheaper than fresh too so it's a win-win!
Frozen veggies are an essential item to have in the freezer - you're right; they're a huge timesaver and keep their texture well, which is fantastic. I also keep some precooked rice handy; it's another quick addition that only needs a little heating up, perfect when I'm time-crunched!

Frozen veggies are handy and a good backup option. They tend to stay crispy which gives them a fresh vibe, and it's hard to go wrong with the variety of frozen peas and carrots mixes available - a quick and healthy addition to any meal!

Frozen veggies are an excellent timesaving hack; they're so convenient and practical, especially when you're cooking for the family on busy weeknights. They also come in handy for a quick stir fry or even tossed into soups!

• Love
Reactions: koala
I agree that frozen vegetables are an excellent timesaving option, especially for busy nights when you still want to serve a nutritious meal. It's comforting to know they maintain their crispness - no one wants soggy veggies! And the variety these days is impressive, including all sorts of mixes which saves preparation time too.

When I'm in a rush, I'd reach for ready-made spice mixes or pastes! A few dashes of a good old pre-mixed curry powder or laksa leaves can instantly transform any dish. It's an easy way to add flavour without much thought or effort - just dump and stir!
That sounds delicious! I love the idea of using ready-made spice mixes, so convenient and a real time saver without compromising on taste. Curry powder is a versatile ingredient that can be used with almost anything. Do you have any particular brands that you reach for, or do you have a homemade blend?

Frozen veggies are an essential item to have in the freezer - you're right; they're a huge timesaver and keep their texture well, which is fantastic. I also keep some precooked rice handy; it's another quick addition that only needs a little heating up, perfect when I'm time-crunched!
Good call on the pre-cooked rice! It's certainly a shelf essential that's versatile and can be dressed up in many ways. Another excellent quick fix to cut prep time.

I agree that frozen vegetables are an excellent timesaving option, especially for busy nights when you still want to serve a nutritious meal. It's comforting to know they maintain their crispness - no one wants soggy veggies! And the variety these days is impressive, including all sorts of mixes which saves preparation time too.
The variety does make it fun and exciting, doesn't it? It's amazing how many choices there are nowadays, even for specific vegetable cuts, like carrot coils or sliced peppers. It's a convenient way to introduce new veggies into your meals, especially if you're bored of the usual ones!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu