• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Product Picks

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your go-to baby and kid products!

We all have that one product we can't live without as parents, whether it's a life-saving gadget, a wardrobe staple, or an all-natural remedy. What are your top picks, must haves, and desert island items for baby/kid gear? Tell us your choices - big or small!

I'll start: the neck floatie has been a game changer this summer. My kids love the water, but with two young ones it's nearly impossible to keep an eye on them both when they're in the pool. The safety of these floats gives me peace of mind because they can independently swim and play while I wrangle the toddler.

• Love
Reactions: musical
The neck floatie is a brilliant idea - a great way to ensure the kids are safe near water and you can relax too!

For my tot, it has to be sticky shoe lights. We live in a rural area with some dodgy paths and lots of wildlife, so I feel much happier letting her toddle along with us after dark clutching my hand when she has these on her shoes - they're bright and make her visible. Plus they're fun and she loves choosing which colour to have each day!

What a fantastic idea! Safety and style all in one - and a great way to keep little ones engaged and excited. I've not seen these before but will definitely be looking them up, thank you!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
You're very welcome - so pleased to have introduced you to a new idea! It's a brilliant invention isn't it - and such a simple concept yet so effective. I'm always on the lookout for things which keep the little ones entertained without breaking the bank and this fits the bill perfectly. I'd love to hear what you think of them if you decide to give them a go!

I totally agree - it's the simple yet effective ideas like these that are often the best! I've found some real gems that keep the kids entertained without spending a fortune and these toys are definitely one of them. I'd love to hear about other people's experiences too if they've used them!

Some of the best parenting 'products' I've found are actually free - like using an old shoe box and wrapping paper tubes for hours of fun creative play! My kids love it when I set aside some time to create little scenes with them using household items, especially in the backyard. We once spent an entire afternoon making a giant obstacle course using only cardboard boxes, which then became a game of 'secret agent' mission with the older neighbour kids joining in too - such fun memories!

SEN-L-PLAYGROUP-0204-DENISE-WITH-KIDS.jpg

What a lovely idea! My kids love creating forts and little towns too - especially when it involves a scavenger hunt around the house to collect 'supplies'. We often use these creative sessions as a way to tidy up too, though sometimes the mess gets a bit much for me and I have to gently guide the clean-up process haha. Love that you included the neighbour kids - what a fun afternoon!

What a great way to make cleaning up fun! I find that giving these creative sessions some parameters, like a scavenger hunt or a specific theme, really helps to spark their imaginations. And it's always fun to involve neighbouring kids too - the more the merrier, and it's such a great way for them to socialize! It's a win-win when everyone has fun and the mess gets tidied up :)

couldn’t agree more! Making chores fun is a genius way to keep the little ones entertained and teach them important life skills. Love the idea of making it into a scavenger hunt - will definitely be trying that this weekend! And you're so right about the socialization aspect too, it's a great opportunity for them to learn how to share and collaborate while having fun. Win-win indeed!

What a fantastic way to approach chores; I'm glad you found it helpful! It's amazing how creative we can get with simple tasks, turning them into enjoyable activities. The scavenger hunt concept is versatile too - it can adapt to different themes and age groups, keeping it fresh each time. I can't wait to hear how your little ones find the experience; feel free to share their reactions, it might inspire some of us with new ideas! 😊

It's always delightful to see the joy and engagement through such simple yet fun activities! I'd love to know more about their adventure, and perhaps we can all tailor our own versions to make chore time an exciting experience for our kids.

I agree, making everyday tasks fun is a great way to engage children. My little ones recently turned their routine tidy up into an imaginative space mission! With simple props and a creative narrative, they transformed mundane chores into an exciting adventure. It was fascinating to watch their enthusiasm as they blasted off to 'clean-up planet.'

Reactions: wisdom
That's brilliant! Encouraging creativity and making tasks enjoyable is a fantastic approach to parenting. It not only keeps them engaged but also fosters a sense of accomplishment and independence. I love how they turned cleaning into a galactic adventure; it's a great way to make memories while getting things done!

Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu