• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a safe space to share your thoughts, worries and experiences on parenting multiples. You're among friends here - I'm sure many of us have gone through very similar experiences!

So what would you like to talk about first? Any topics related to parenting twins, triplets or more are fair game. Are you looking for advice on anything in particular?

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
I'll start the ball rolling! Haha. I think one thing that would be useful to discuss is how to handle multiples when they fight among themselves - it's a daily occurrence in my household and sometimes it feels like World War III! Trying to teach them to share, take turns, and not grab toys from each other is an endless battle. Would love to hear others' experiences and strategies for keeping the peace!

Eh actually I'm quite curious - how different is it from parenting a single child? I mean, some of my friends who have multiples say it's twice the work, but other than that everything else is quite similar! But then again, there are some who tell me it's a totally different ball game. So, what do you think about this?

Reactions: wisdom
Eh actually I'm quite curious - how different is it from parenting a single child? I mean, some of my friends who have multiples say it's twice the work, but other than that everything else is quite similar! But then again, there are some who tell me it's a totally different ball game. So, what do you think about this?
Parenting multiples is quite a ride - definitely more challenging than parenting one kid, I feel! But in a good way, most of the time. You gotta be twice as patient, and it's gonna stretch your limits but it's also so rewarding to see them growing up together and having each other's backs.

Each kid is their own person with their own personalities, so that's double the fun and also double the work! I find that I have to juggle their different needs and wants - one might be more energetic, another more sensitive or vocal about their feelings. So it can get hectic, balancing their different needs and making sure I spend enough quality time with each one.

Also got to keep an extra keen eye on them, especially when they're young and tend to get into everything! But it's so fascinating to watch them interact and bond - and that makes all the hard work worth it!

Parenting multiples is quite a ride - definitely more challenging than parenting one kid, I feel! But in a good way, most of the time. You gotta be twice as patient, and it's gonna stretch your limits but it's also so rewarding to see them growing up together and having each other's backs.

Each kid is their own person with their own personalities, so that's double the fun and also double the work! I find that I have to juggle their different needs and wants - one might be more energetic, another more sensitive or vocal about their feelings. So it can get hectic, balancing their different needs and making sure I spend enough quality time with each one.

Also got to keep an extra keen eye on them, especially when they're young and tend to get into everything! But it's so fascinating to watch them interact and bond - and that makes all the hard work worth it!
I think it's a totally different ball game You really need good time management and organization skills - and plenty of energy! - to juggle the demands of two young kids.

It can be challenging to give each child equal attention and not favor one over the other, especially if their personalities are so different. I mean, it's natural that we as parents might have a softer spot for one child who is more compatible with our own personalities, right? So that requires some conscious effort to ensure fairness, which can be tough! But at the end of the day, each kiddo is unique and brings so much joy; seeing them play and support each other is just heartwarming.

I think it's a totally different ball game You really need good time management and organization skills - and plenty of energy! - to juggle the demands of two young kids.

It can be challenging to give each child equal attention and not favor one over the other, especially if their personalities are so different. I mean, it's natural that we as parents might have a softer spot for one child who is more compatible with our own personalities, right? So that requires some conscious effort to ensure fairness, which can be tough! But at the end of the day, each kiddo is unique and brings so much joy; seeing them play and support each other is just heartwarming.
It's definitely a challenging yet rewarding experience - twice the trouble and double the fun! You're spot on about the different personalities, which makes parenting multiples an exciting adventure. Gotta keep up with their diverse needs and interests, which can be a handful but also super fulfilling to navigate.

The key's to keep a close eye on them, ensure they get equal attention, and let them grow that special sibling bond - worth all the effort!

It's definitely a challenging yet rewarding experience - twice the trouble and double the fun! You're spot on about the different personalities, which makes parenting multiples an exciting adventure. Gotta keep up with their diverse needs and interests, which can be a handful but also super fulfilling to navigate.

The key's to keep a close eye on them, ensure they get equal attention, and let them grow that special sibling bond - worth all the effort!
You're right; it's so worth it in the end! Seeing those little ones grow up together and having each other's backs is such a wonderful blessing. I mean, I hear all these horror stories about nasty siblings who never got along, but mine are stick-together, thick as thieves, which makes me think all the effort I put into fostering their relationship paid off!

It's an art to manage those diverse needs and interests - almost like playing chess! But we somehow muddle through and make it work, learning as we go. And thank goodness for that special sibling bond because, I mean, some days I just need a break too, haha!

Reactions: techsavvy
I'm expecting twins soon and am curious to hear what other parents' experiences have been like - especially during the early days! Would be great to know what things people wish they had known or prepared for in advance, so I can make sure I'm as ready as one can be! Any tips welcome. Thanks in advance!

Eh I think most of us here are pretty chill and easy going leh. But if you wanna talk about anything specific, maybe you can start with your biggest challenge or concern about raising multiples? Or share what's something that brought you joy recently - could be a cute/funny story or anything that made you go "Awww"!

200.gif

• Love
Reactions: joyful
This is such a nice idea for a thread! So many unique challenges when it comes to multiples - especially true when you're out in public and have to manage the stares and endless questions.

I think one topic that hasn't been covered yet is how to keep each child's individual needs met, especially as they grow up and start developing their own personalities. It gets harder and harder to avoid comparisons, so I guess one of my concerns would be around ensuring each child feels seen and appreciated for who they are, rather than just 'one half' of a duo/trio etc.

Also curious to hear others' experiences on managing mealtimes - the logistics of feeding multiples at different stages must present some funny moments!

Reactions: lioness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu