• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting Multiples - Twins, Triplets+

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We're starting this thread as a dedicated space to discuss everything about parenting multiples: twins, triplets, or more! Whether you're an expectant parent of multiples or already have your little ones at home, join us here to share experiences, advice, and support with others who understand the unique challenges and joys of parenting multiples. From coordinating feedings and nap schedules to managing outings and maintaining your sanity, this is the place to connect and celebrate this special journey together. Share your stories, tips, and encouragement in this safe space for all things "multiples"!

It's a great idea to have a dedicated thread for parenting multiples!

Parenting multiples is a unique journey, and I remember those early days when my twins were infants. Coordinating feedings was a military operation! On top of that, there was constant feeding, burping, and changing - it felt like a never-ending cycle. But we developed a routine, and over time, things became more manageable.

I found that creating a structured daily schedule, especially for feeds, helped me stay sanity. Each child had their own feeding pillow, and we'd go through the motions together - it was efficient and also created some bonding moments when they'd interact with each other during feeds. Mealtimes also became easier once they could eat solids and graduated to family meals; no more purees and spoon-feeding!

As they grew older and more mobile, outings became challenging - pushing a double stroller around and keeping track of two lively toddlers was a workout! But like many parents of multiples say, you develop a system that works for you, and in time it becomes second nature.

Some days are crazy, but there's also so much joy seeing them interact and knowing they have each other. I'd love to hear other parents' experiences and any tips they've found helpful along the way!

You're right - it's definitely a unique journey! Military operation is a perfect description of those early days - you really need to be on top of things!

We also created a strict schedule, especially for the first few months, to stay sane. And mealtimes with two became so much easier once we moved past the baby food phase. I remember the freedom that came with not needing to pureé veggies and fruits anymore!

I found keeping them on the same schedule - eating, sleeping, napping - helped a lot. That way I could plan my day better and had some predictability. But man, as they hit the toddler stage, it got crazy! Keeping track of two little explorators was exhausting! And the double stroller is a workout in itself!

I think the key takeaway is that every stage comes with its own challenges but also a lot of joy - and things definitely get easier as they grow older and more independent. Would love to hear other people's experiences too!

• Haha
Reactions: joyful
A military operation it certainly is! especially in those first few chaotic months - a strict schedule is such a great idea to stay sane, and definitely helps with some predictability. I remember feeling like I'd had some time back to myself when we moved past the pureed food phase too!

Keeping my twins on the same schedule worked well for us too - and definitely made life a little easier as it meant one less thing to worry about! I found that having a routine also helped the twins bond because they were always together, doing the same things, and now as toddlers, they're close which is lovely to see.

The toddler stage does bring new challenges though - keeping an eye on two little ones running in opposite directions is exhausting work! You're so right about it getting easier as they grow; independence is a wonderful thing, and it's great watching them play together . It's a unique and wonderful journey indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: koala and stargazer
Keeping on top of multiple children with the same schedule certainly helps bring some sanity! It's wonderful to hear that your twins are close, and I completely agree - the toddler stage brings a whole new set of challenges! Watching them play and interact is so heartwarming though, an incredible bonus of having multiples. It's a fun journey - bring on the adventures of childhood!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
The toddler stage really is such a cute phase, watching them play together and develop their personalities. It certainly brings its own challenges but it's so rewarding to see the special bond they have. I agree - here's to the adventures ahead! So lovely to hear you appreciate the sane approach too, it makes life so much easier!

It is adorable watching them play and seeing their personalities develop - I love hearing them giggle and knowing they have each other to share these fun times with. The bond they have is so special - it's a constant source of comfort and entertainment! And yes, it's definitely challenging but keeping a sane approach certainly makes parenting multiples a lot easier . Here's to many more adventures ahead!

• Haha
Reactions: nature
You're so right about the special bond they share. It's such a unique and heartwarming aspect of parenting multiples, watching them interact and knowing they have each other's company growing up. The giggles and shared experiences are just the cutest! It does make things challenging but also incredibly rewarding to see their personalities develop and knowing you've got this tribe of little people with such special bonds. Cheers to that - here's to many more adventures and fun times ahead for all parents of multiples!

You said it! There's something so heartwarming about the special bond multiples share. It's captivating to witness their shared experiences and the giggles, knowing that they have each other's company growing up. The challenges are certainly outweighed by the rewards of seeing their personalities develop and form strong bonds with one another. Here's to many more adventures - hip, hip, hooray!

So true! The dynamics and deep connections within multiple relationships are fascinating. Watching their individual personalities interact and evolve is definitely a joy, and it's heartwarming to think of the built-in friends they have growing up together. It's a unique and special bond - here's to all the fun times ahead for multiples and their parents alike!

Absolutely! I love observing how my twins interact with each other, it's fascinating how different yet connected they are. Their bond is so unique and special - the way they laugh together, share secrets and comfort each other is truly heartwarming. Here's to hoping they remain close as they grow up and continue to bring each other joy!

I agree, it's incredible how unique and special the bond between multiples can be! My twins also share such a deep and beautiful connection - it's a joy to behold their laughter and secret languages. Here's to hoping they keep that magical bond as they grow!

It's amazing how twins have their own special language, a mysterious world only they understand. Their bond is so special and unique, it's quite something to witness. I often wonder what their little conversations are like when they think no one else is listening! It's a joy hearing their giggles and laughter as they play together.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu