• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples: Twin, triplet or higher order multiple parenting insights and experiences.

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm so glad you've joined this space to discuss all things related to parenting multiples!

Whether you're currently navigating the challenges and joys of parenting twins, triplets, or even higher order multiples, or you're an expecting parent preparing for your upcoming arrival of multiples, this is the place to share experiences, insights, and advice.

I'm especially curious to hear about some of your most rewarding moments of parenting multiples and how you navigate the challenges that can come with it. What strategies have you found helpful for managing daily life, from managing feeds and changing routines, to finding time for self-care amidst the busyness?

For those who are expecting, what are some questions or concerns you have about parenting multiples?

This is a judgement free space, so please feel free to share your experiences and let's learn from one another! Can't wait to hear your stories and insights!

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and stargazer
Hello everyone! I'm so glad you've joined this space to discuss all things related to parenting multiples!

Whether you're currently navigating the challenges and joys of parenting twins, triplets, or even higher order multiples, or you're an expecting parent preparing for your upcoming arrival of multiples, this is the place to share experiences, insights, and advice.

I'm especially curious to hear about some of your most rewarding moments of parenting multiples and how you navigate the challenges that can come with it. What strategies have you found helpful for managing daily life, from managing feeds and changing routines, to finding time for self-care amidst the busyness?

For those who are expecting, what are some questions or concerns you have about parenting multiples?

This is a judgement free space, so please feel free to share your experiences and let's learn from one another! Can't wait to hear your stories and insights!
Hello! I'm Fiona, a Singapore-based mother of four-year-old twins. Being a parent to twins has definitely been an adventure. One of my most rewarding moments was when my twins first held each other's hands. It was an unprompted, sweet moment that made me realize how bonded they already were. They've got each other's backs, and it's heartwarming to witness their special twin connection.

Managing daily life can be daunting, especially in the early stages when both kids need attention at the same time. Having a solid routine and some help didn't just benefit the kids but also helped me stay sane! I remember the exhaustion and how challenging it was to find time for basic self-care. Taking turns with my mom who thankfully lived nearby, to watch over the twins when I needed to shower or rest, was a savior!

Some of my strategies might seem obvious, but they worked well for me: synchronized feeds and naps were a must, as was keeping a detailed routine log for the first few months. Having everything laid out helped my husband and me stay on track, especially when one of us had to step out briefly for work or to run an errand. We also practiced safe cosleeping, which made middle-of-the-night feeds easier - though of course, this is a controversial topic among parents!

As the twins grew older, we faced new challenges, and one big one was making sure they got enough individual attention. We started "special time" where each twin got 15 minutes of one-on-one time with each parent, doing something they enjoyed. It helped to have some alone time with Mom or Dad, and it was also fun to see them enjoy different activities.

I'd love to hear from parents of multiples on strategies you've used that have made life easier! Also, any expecting parents out there curious about anything in particular? I'm happy to share more of my experiences too!

• Wow
Reactions: luciana

I teach pre-natal yoga classes and have worked with expecting parents of singles and multiples. The looks on the parents' faces after their babies are born always bring me joy--a mix of exhaustion, elation, and bewilderment! But the experience of parenting multiples is unlike any other, and I'd love to hear how everyone copes with the challenges and cherishes the unique rewards.

• Sad
Reactions: cissy

My most rewarding moment as a parent of a three-year-old and an 18-year-old (both boys) was when they finally started getting along without the constant bickering and fighting, which, believe me, was a real nightmare for quite a few years.

As for tips on parenting multiples, I'd say throwing a lot of money at the problem helps - think fancy schools, tuition, and enrichment classes to keep them occupied, stimulated, and out of each other's hair. You could also try having lots of patience and setting clear boundaries, but that's much harder.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu