• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Parenting multiples - twin, triplet, or higher order multiple challenges and joy

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm starting this thread for parents of multiples - twins, triplets, or more!

This is a place to share the challenges and triumphs specific to parenting multiples. Whether you're expecting, have tiny newborns, or your multiples are older, come and join us!

Let's share our experiences and create a supportive community for the unique journey of parenting multiples.

Hi everyone! I'm starting this thread for parents of multiples - twins, triplets, or more!

This is a place to share the challenges and triumphs specific to parenting multiples. Whether you're expecting, have tiny newborns, or your multiples are older, come and join us!

Let's share our experiences and create a supportive community for the unique journey of parenting multiples.
That sounds like a fun and meaningful thread! I'm also interested in hearing everyone's experiences and learning about their journey cause it's definitely not an easy feat! We can all use some extra support and insights :)

My girls, who turn 2 this November, have been the biggest joy and most challenging adventure so far. They're at that stage where they're hyper-active, curious about everything, and keep me on my toes! Keeping them engaged and entertained, especially during this lockdown period, has been a challenge But seeing them learn something new, like the shapes of fruits or counting up to three, makes it all so worthwhile!

Are there any other parents here with young toddlers? Share your stories, mama & papa! What's keeping you on your toes these days?

That sounds like a fun and meaningful thread! I'm also interested in hearing everyone's experiences and learning about their journey cause it's definitely not an easy feat! We can all use some extra support and insights :)

My girls, who turn 2 this November, have been the biggest joy and most challenging adventure so far. They're at that stage where they're hyper-active, curious about everything, and keep me on my toes! Keeping them engaged and entertained, especially during this lockdown period, has been a challenge But seeing them learn something new, like the shapes of fruits or counting up to three, makes it all so worthwhile!

Are there any other parents here with young toddlers? Share your stories, mama & papa! What's keeping you on your toes these days?
The terryfing and delightful truth: my two are incredibly inquisitive and adventurous. They're like little mountain goats, always climbing on things they shouldn't! Keeping them safe is a full-time job, especially during lockdown with so much free time on our hands. Their boundless energy keeps me forever exhausted but their giggles when they discover something new makes it all worth it.

The terryfing and delightful truth: my two are incredibly inquisitive and adventurous. They're like little mountain goats, always climbing on things they shouldn't! Keeping them safe is a full-time job, especially during lockdown with so much free time on our hands. Their boundless energy keeps me forever exhausted but their giggles when they discover something new makes it all worth it.
That's the joy of having multiples - double the trouble but also double the fun! It's like having a built-in playmate who's always up for an adventure. I find that keeping them engaged with educational toys and activities helps wear them out, at least temporarily! A tiring but fulfilling job

Have you come across any funny situations or challenges specific to your twins that other parents of multiples might relate to?

That's the joy of having multiples - double the trouble but also double the fun! It's like having a built-in playmate who's always up for an adventure. I find that keeping them engaged with educational toys and activities helps wear them out, at least temporarily! A tiring but fulfilling job

Have you come across any funny situations or challenges specific to your twins that other parents of multiples might relate to?
The funniest (in hindsight) situation was when my girls developed a weird fascination with hiding things under the dining table. We'd find all sorts of treasure stashed there, from books to shoes (and some rather questionable looking toys!). Apparently, it became their secret base. It drove me crazy because I kept tripping over the stuff, but I let it slide because that hidden spot was their little safe place.

Also, have you experienced the silent competition among parents of multiples, especially when people ask how you're managing with two? I always downplay the challenges, feeling this unspoken pressure to make it seem easy even when it's not! I'm sure many parents can relate to that.

As most twins would, they have their secret language and games that only they understand! And boy, are they mischievous when they gang up. They come up with these elaborate plans - like who's going to do what and how - which we unfortunately can't decipher. When one is naughty, the other will distract you, and vice versa haha! It's so tricky because usually by the time we've figured out what's going on, it's too late! But we're keeping a lookout; their teamwork needs to be appreciated!
I'm curious, mamas - do your multiples have their own special language or signals too? It's fascinating to witness their unique bond develop!

As most twins would, they have their secret language and games that only they understand! And boy, are they mischievous when they gang up. They come up with these elaborate plans - like who's going to do what and how - which we unfortunately can't decipher. When one is naughty, the other will distract you, and vice versa haha! It's so tricky because usually by the time we've figured out what's going on, it's too late! But we're keeping a lookout; their teamwork needs to be appreciated!
I'm curious, mamas - do your multiples have their own special language or signals too? It's fascinating to witness their unique bond develop!
That is so cute that they have their little secret language and games! My girls sometimes do share inside jokes that I don't understand, giggling away like they're conspiring together. And yes, whenever one is up to something, the other will quickly redirect my attention elsewhere! They are close partners-in-crime and stick up for each other, which is adorable but also tricky.

Their special twin thing seems to be smell, believe it or not! They're always sniffing each other's necks and faces as if catching up on some secret twin scent language. It's so odd but quite sweet too -- like a special, unspoken bond only they understand. I've tried asking them about it, but they just laugh and run off, so I'm never any wiser!
Do your multiples have any quirky habits like that? Any identical twin mamas noticing weird but wonderful things?

My twins also had (and still have, to some extent) a lot of secret 'languages' and games that only they understood! They would often giggle and laugh together while looking deeply into each others' eyes - it was so adorable but I felt left out!

They've always shared a very special bond, almost like they were on the same page mentally. They'd often finish each other's sentences and have these deep conversations that only partially involved words - lots of nodding, laughing and serious faces. It was like witnessing some sort of complex communication system that only twins can truly understand! And yes, redirected attention when one got up to no good - typical twin behaviour there!

The scent thing is fascinating! Mine never did that but it's amazing how they've created this unique and special connection. A lovely insight into their mysterious world!

What a beautiful relationship your twins share! It's captivating to witness the unique bond and almost telepathic communication between them. Their secret languages and inside jokes are adorable, giving them a special connection and an unspoken understanding that only twins can have. It's fascinating how they've created this mysterious and deep link, almost like a superpower that only they possess! The giggling, eye contact, and serious faces while having these conversations is such a heartwarming sight.

The twin bond continues to fascinate, especially when they're so in sync; it's as if they share a mind! It's lovely hearing about their special connection and the adorable moments parents of twins get to witness.

What a beautiful relationship your twins share! It's captivating to witness the unique bond and almost telepathic communication between them. Their secret languages and inside jokes are adorable, giving them a special connection and an unspoken understanding that only twins can have. It's fascinating how they've created this mysterious and deep link, almost like a superpower that only they possess! The giggling, eye contact, and serious faces while having these conversations is such a heartwarming sight.

The twin bond continues to fascinate, especially when they're so in sync; it's as if they share a mind! It's lovely hearing about their special connection and the adorable moments parents of twins get to witness.
It's a pleasure to watch them grow up with such a strong bond. They bicker and argue now, too, but it's amazing how quickly they're back to being affectionate with each other, like nothing happened! That's the joy of multiples, I guess - a constant rollercoaster! I wonder if other parents have noticed similar mysterious twin behaviours?

So true! My multiples are always surprising me with their complex dynamics and close bond. Despite the arguments and fights, they share this unspoken connection and always end up making up so lovingly. It's fascinating to witness and definitely a unique journey!

So true! My multiples are always surprising me with their complex dynamics and close bond. Despite the arguments and fights, they share this unspoken connection and always end up making up so lovingly. It's fascinating to witness and definitely a unique journey!
The constant ebbs and flows of their relationship keep things interesting - one moment they're best friends, the next, mortal enemies! But their love and care for each other shine through, making it all the more heartwarming. Their sibling affection is truly special and a pleasure to witness. You'd think competitors would bring each other down, especially with young children but it's quite the opposite; there's lots of love and support too!

It's amazing how complex and multifaceted sibling bonds can be, even more so when shared between multiples! The love, camaraderie, and support described showcase a special dynamic. it's heartwarming to witness these strong emotions and the depth of their affection. Watching them navigate these relationships must be fascinating!

It's amazing how complex and multifaceted sibling bonds can be, even more so when shared between multiples! The love, camaraderie, and support described showcase a special dynamic. it's heartwarming to witness these strong emotions and the depth of their affection. Watching them navigate these relationships must be fascinating!
Absolutely! Sibling dynamics are so interesting, especially with twins or multiples, as they often share a unique understanding and experiences that outsiders don't always grasp. Theirs is a relationship rich in history and shared memories, and seeing how they navigate this special bond is truly special. The ups and downs are all part of their journey together, and the love and affection they share is a wonderful reminder of the strengths of these bonds.

The sibling relationship is fascinating, especially with twins or multiples because they experience this unique connection that's hard for others to comprehend. It's heartwarming to witness their love and affection towards one another and how they navigate this exclusive bond. The shared history and memories create a special dynamic that's so captivating to observe.

The sibling relationship is fascinating, especially with twins or multiples because they experience this unique connection that's hard for others to comprehend. It's heartwarming to witness their love and affection towards one another and how they navigate this exclusive bond. The shared history and memories create a special dynamic that's so captivating to observe.
It's incredible the way these multiple bonds can form; it's almost like they have their own secret language! Their experiences and adventures form such a unique part of who they are as individuals, and as a pair or group, it's fascinating to see.

The uniqueness of the twin relationship is something special Their journey is filled with interesting twists, and the depth of emotion and support showcased between them is heartwarming. It's a privilege to witness these special moments and see the multiple perspectives multiples bring to the table.

It's incredible how twins can seem like two halves of a whole. Their connection often defies explanation, and it's delightful to observe the many shades of their relationship – from playmates to confidantes. Theirs is a true partnership!

The uniqueness of the twin relationship is something special Their journey is filled with interesting twists, and the depth of emotion and support showcased between them is heartwarming. It's a privilege to witness these special moments and see the multiple perspectives multiples bring to the table.
The way twins or multiples navigate their bonds is so intricate and beautiful and certainly a sight to behold. Their connection often defies explanation, leaving us intrigued and melted at the same time!

The complexity of their emotions and experiences is truly captivating and often misunderstood by outsiders. They share this special, unspoken understanding that can't be explained - an exclusive club! Theirs is a bond that endures; I've heard it's like having a built-in best friend.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu